Abel to Yzerman

Return Of The Suck

Absolute garbage.  After a four game winning streak to hush the whispers, our Wings came out and got manhandled by an obscenely inferior St. Louis team tonite.  Ken Hitchcock or not, that Blues team had no business leading as long as they did.  Naturally, we knew the outcome as soon as the first period five minute major went disgustingly away.

As Mandingo pointed out, there is most likely no team in the NHL with a worse special team component than Detroit. 0 for 6 tonite. No shots the last two power plays.  Helm, Abdelkader and Eaves were your forwards for the last PP’s final minute. With the talent on this team, seeing those three on the ice at that time makes me want to throw up in my mouth. Repeatedly.

And the PK…a kill at the end. But here’s what we knew would happen.  After the Wings abused themselves for five minutes after Kronwall got plowed by Chris Stewart? Tell me you didn’t see it coming…a Blues PP, and a Blues goal within fifteen seconds. Shocking. Oh, and hey…two minors with less than two minutes left?  Seriously.

Yes, yes. I know. The Blues are all intense now. Enthusiastic. Shorter shifts.  More food for Hitch.  Got it.

Yes, an off night is acceptable. Well, not acceptable…but it happens.  But how about off seasons for the two guys we’ve traditionally depended on to pull the Wings out of scoring slumps, losing streaks?

What the Hell is the problem with Hank Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk? I won’t spout the stats at you because I really don’t feel like looking them up. But I know 13 hasn’t scored in 11 games and I know 40 hasn’t done dick either.

1 shot on goal the final 14 minutes.  Against that team.  Against a team that will be golfing come April, as they always are.

Disgusting and a shitty way to start a trip that’s gonna test them.

If I were San Jose, LA or the pathetic poultry? My game plan is this:  run them.  Run them every chance you can.  Blister them and pressure them.  Take the minors if you have to because, despite the talent, that’s just a bad power play.

Hopefully…a one night deal.  San Jose in two days.  Should be interesting.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

When did I say anything about loyalty?  I’m talking about Nash’s drive.  I don’t think he has that.

He didn’t stick with his team “no matter what”... he stuck with his team for this and this alone.

It’s easy to be loyal when you’re paid that much on a franchise with low expectations.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/16/11 at 05:06 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

When did I say anything about loyalty?

Bad phrasing. I referred to the fact that most people complain that players nowadays jump ship too fast, have no loyalty and change jerseys like they change shirts.

Source?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 11/16/11 at 05:10 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Do I do that?  I’m not on trial here for what you believe the majority does.  I don’t care if people want to call Rick Nash a disloyal shitbag.

Source?

You want me to source my opinion?  Ok then.

I just don’t think Nash has the drive to compete for a contender.
Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/16/11 at 01:43 PM ET

Done.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/16/11 at 05:29 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

You want me to source my opinion?  Ok then.

Oh, it was your opinion? Sorry, “He stuck with his team for this” seems like stating a fact.

Again, all I said was I didn’t like your argument.

Let’s end this here, we’re going nowhere.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 11/16/11 at 05:39 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Rick Nash actually clearly has a higher ceiling than Franzen… see his performances on the international stage or how he won the Richard trophy at such a young age.

But I don’t really see what this has to do with the Wings losing to the Blues.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 11/16/11 at 07:57 PM ET