Abel to Yzerman

Recapping The Week And Live Blogging A Record That Means Exactly Squat Compared To 12 In ‘12

So the little leather-clad wizard with the gypsy hook nose decided it would be A-ok if James F. Tiberius Howard, esq. played in the ASG.  Reaction? Too little, too late Gary.  Keeping him off the initial list of nominees then plopping him in the game because he proved what we knew all along is nothing more than affirmation of how ridiculous the game, the league and the mini-commish all are.  I’d prefer JFTH had the chance to rest.  His emotional and physical fitness in May will be the deciding factor when baby Jesus makes his final decree as to whether our magnificent chalice returns to its rightful home in Hockeytown.

Speaking of dickheads, the Ottawa writer with the stupid hair who feels Nick Lidstrom slighted the hockey world by opting out of Gary’s barnyard folly? Well he can suck it because Voox told him to.  Greg Wyshynski, naturally, took the side of the Ottawa infant and joined in the criticism because ripping the Wings is what he hangs his hat on and it’s the easy…wait a second.  You wait one damn minute.  No he didn’t.  PD actually offers a well-reasoned piece on why it could be construed as a bad move but ultimately is nothing compared to the shitbag of a situation the midget piss pocket created in 2009.

Yahoo

Is it essential that Teemu Selanne and Nicklas Lidstrom participate in 2012? I’d say “no”; if nothing else, if allows younger talent (Corey Perry, perhaps Dan Girardi) to have their spotlight.

Had Lidstrom and Selanne been voted in by the fans, this is a different conversation. Ditto if Lidstrom hadn’t gone beyond the call and captained an All-Star team last season.

Give credit to Warren for voicing what is an extreme minority opinion on this matter, but it’s misguided.

Concur.  And the game is a joke.  Good on TPH for skipping it. If our wonderboy James had made the same choice, I’d be applauding him with two hands clapping into one another like the cymbals Gary.Ass played in various JV marching bands all the way through college.

So the Wings win tonite and they secure the most meaningless record in Red Wing history, their 15th consecutive victory on home ice.  I find it hard to explain how little I care about that compared to seeing this team get better with each passing game.  The game itself matters because of the Central race and the absolute necessity to gain the best possible seed.  The record is insignificant.  Winning is not.  Fixing the power play is not.  Staying healthy is disgustingly critical.

12 in ‘12 is really the only record that matters, bitches. So Live Blog it.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

Evenin Bitches!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/16/12 at 10:50 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Look at Hudler workin Defense down low. Very nice

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/16/12 at 10:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Huds with a nice defensive play… WTH is going on here?

Posted by calquake on 01/16/12 at 10:51 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Huds with a nice defensive play… WTH is going on here?

i still hold my breath when e52 is on the ice.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/16/12 at 10:52 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

i thought happy had an assist on that one, but guess not.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/16/12 at 07:50 PM ET

Pretty sure Hank got the puck off Happy’s act of Datsyukian larceny.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/16/12 at 10:53 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Ville Leino?!?  Geezuz, I can’t keep track of what team he’s on these days…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/16/12 at 10:53 PM ET

calquake's avatar

i thought happy had an assist on that one, but guess not.

It’s hard on a Pimp out there.

Posted by calquake on 01/16/12 at 10:53 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ah….Ken answerd my question about the Miller boys

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/16/12 at 10:54 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Ville Leino?!?  Geezuz, I can’t keep track of what team he’s on these days…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Michigan, but now in Florida on 01/16/12 at 07:53 PM ET

Might make a good trivia question if we’re bored later in the game.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/16/12 at 10:56 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ville Leino?!?  Geezuz, I can’t keep track of what team he’s on these days…

Neither can he.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/16/12 at 10:56 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Evenin’.

Something about Hank, Zebras and Ville Leino.

Personally I think every sucky team has a Ville Leino hidden somewhere on the ranks. Like Where’s Wally, or Waldo or whatever you people call it over the sea.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 01/16/12 at 11:01 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Ville Leino?!?  Geezuz, I can’t keep track of what team he’s on these days…

And the way he’s playing, he’s gonna get buried in Europe next year.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/16/12 at 11:01 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pav has been playing with the wings for 10 years? man, i still think of him as a young player.

10 years, man have we been spoiled.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/16/12 at 11:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Like Where’s Wally, or Waldo or whatever you people call it over the sea.

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 01/16/12 at 08:01 PM ET

I think it’s “Where’s Lil’ Gary… Ass”.

Posted by calquake on 01/16/12 at 11:03 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

well, won’t argue about that. but beer making takes less time than making oatmeal.  mmm oatmeal stout.

pregame song being sung

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/16/12 at 07:38 PM ET

I absolutely love oatmeal stout.  And I mean love it.  If you’re brewing that stuff I may have to swing through on my way to MQT and sample some.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/16/12 at 11:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Dirty hit on Ryan Miller by a scumbag.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/12 at 11:04 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Only got two beers

see, if you brewed your own, this would not happen.

I have no beer. No homebrew. Nada. But for some reason I’ve just devoured an enormous block of cheese over the last three days.

I think i’m pregnant. I think it might belong to a certain Midget.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 01/16/12 at 11:04 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Crazy strong play by Helm there.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/16/12 at 11:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/12 at 11:05 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Hangin tough.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/16/12 at 11:05 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I think i’m pregnant. I think it might belong to a certain Midget.

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 01/16/12 at 08:04 PM ET

Just wait until you “birth” what’s inside.

Posted by calquake on 01/16/12 at 11:06 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Holy jumpin’

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/16/12 at 11:06 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

JFTH

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/16/12 at 11:07 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

If you’re brewing that stuff I may have to swing through

nothing cooking at this time. i plead laziness or hibernating for the winter, ‘cept for the wings games.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/16/12 at 11:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Lolzwut?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/16/12 at 11:07 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I think i’m pregnant. I think it might belong to a certain Midget.

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 01/16/12 at 08:04 PM ET

Congrats.  That is bound to be one freaky little freak though.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/16/12 at 11:08 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I think i’m pregnant. I think it might belong to a certain Midget.

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 01/16/12 at 08:04 PM ET

Just wait until you “birth” what’s inside.

Posted by calquake on 01/16/12 at 08:06 PM ET

I’m seriously laughing my ass off right now.  I fuching love this place.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/16/12 at 11:08 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

oh crap…the image I copied was NOT that big…sorry

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/16/12 at 11:09 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Stuart makes another save. Nice.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/16/12 at 11:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Stuie!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/12 at 11:09 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

i’m gonna miss Brad Stuart next year.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/16/12 at 11:09 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Wake up.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/16/12 at 11:09 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Back up goaltending by Stuie again…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/16/12 at 11:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wings need to get going.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/16/12 at 11:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah! Again!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/12 at 11:10 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

OMFG

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/16/12 at 11:10 PM ET

calquake's avatar

If Stuie leaves over the summer I will be seriously pissed but I don’t begrudge Disco Stu for wanting to be nearer his family.

Posted by calquake on 01/16/12 at 11:11 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

i’m gonna miss Brad Stuart next year.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/16/12 at 08:09 PM ET

Stop that.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/16/12 at 11:11 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

jimmys got his head in the game clank!

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/16/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Wow. Only pavel makes that play that quickly.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/16/12 at 11:12 PM ET