Abel to Yzerman

Ready? You’re In Tonight

No Chief in tonight, instead it is me, Paul, pretending to be the Chief.

Game starts just after 1930 hours, I think.

And I think the rudder is in the water, so off we go.

Oh, he just called, forgot, I will leave it up to him to explain why he forgot.  He'll appear soon.

It's a Live Blog Bit#$#$...

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 >       Next »

And the collapse is complete again.

The second two-goal lead blown to bits in a week’s time.

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 02/21/13 at 11:06 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

well if that don’t taste like a crap sandwich.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/21/13 at 11:06 PM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

That sucks so hard there really isn’t anything to say.  This team is no where near good right now.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 02/21/13 at 11:06 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

The second two-goal lead blown to bits in a week’s time.

I think its the third one SYF

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/21/13 at 11:07 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What the hell was Jimmy doing on his back?  No one had even shot the puck.  Oh for fuchs sake.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 02/21/13 at 11:07 PM ET

That play was so damn simple.

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 02/21/13 at 11:07 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

boy was that easy

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/21/13 at 11:07 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

CBJ 1-6 on the road - - till now

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/21/13 at 11:07 PM ET

Deserved result.

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 02/21/13 at 11:08 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Bobrovsky did what our goalie can’t do

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/21/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Let me retract my previous statement

DET will not make the playoffs this year

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/21/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I honestly can’t believe this.  Night all.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/21/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Un-Fuchin-acceptable.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/21/13 at 11:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

To not even get one point at home vs Columbus would be a ball buster.

Posted by RWBill on 02/21/13 at 11:10 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I’m grumpy, but I say there is no reason to retain Renney (sp?)  The PP has never been worse.  I can’t remember any time in 15 years it’s ever been this bad.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/21/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

I had high hopes…..//sigh//

Ya all take care, stay warm!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 02/21/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Bobrovsky did what our goalie can’t do

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/21/13 at 10:09 PM ET

Thanks Jimmah. Bitch.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/21/13 at 11:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Fire Renney…Hire that Lidstrom fella…he still in town?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/21/13 at 11:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

//sigh//

g’nite

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/21/13 at 11:11 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

And can be please please please dispense with the Datsyuk, Abby, Cleary experiment?

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/21/13 at 11:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Un freaking believable.

Three straight losses after having a two goal lead, for fuch’s sake.

Posted by RWBill on 02/21/13 at 11:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

At least it gets easier on the homestand now, Nashville and Vancouver.

We needed at least 4/6 points on the homestand, the tougher 4 are coming up.

Posted by RWBill on 02/21/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Lose to the worse team in the league, at home, after you put up the first two goals.

0-fer the PP

and give up a PPG again

Yea.  DET are a contender - - meh

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/21/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

For all intents and purposes, that was a season-ending loss.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 02/21/13 at 11:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

For all intents and purposes, that was a season-ending loss.

I really wish I could argue with that… but I got nuthin’.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 02/21/13 at 11:29 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

I tried throwin’ in the towel, but I threw right into the defenders shins(as usual), it never reached the net.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/21/13 at 11:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/21/13 at 10:47 PM ET

And then of course you got called for tripping.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/22/13 at 12:02 AM ET

monkey's avatar

What the *#$%@&.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 02/22/13 at 08:33 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Somebody should get kicked in the nuts.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 02/22/13 at 08:35 AM ET

monkey's avatar

For all intents and purposes, that was a season-ending loss.

I disagree.  They can turn it around.  But it doesn’t look like they will.

They’re not competing.  It’s not a matter of getting beat, they’re just not showing up, or only showing up in brief spurts.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 02/22/13 at 08:37 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

Maybe this is part of Holland’s plan, I mean it worked for Pittsburgh and Chicago, be super sucky for a nice 2-4 year stretch and get consecutive top 3 draft picks, oh woe is us for having 21 straight years of prolonged success…

Posted by pgoody on 02/22/13 at 09:39 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I don’t think that is it.

To begin with, half the freaking team -or more- are not playing on lines or pairs where their talent dictates they should be.  A little out of their league.

Additionally, Babcock has them trying a different system, and it is pretty clear to see on occasion, that many times they don’t know what the fuch their trying to do - - Kronwall, I suspect best exemplifies this - - overthinking instead of playing.

All of that adds up to having no confidence, no swagger (well except for a few - like Dangles).  They KNOW the PP has the opponent more apt to score as DET is.  They know at least one PK will surrender a goal.  Last night was a perfect example of playing not to lose.  And WTF was Brunner thinking?

Having said all that, DET are not good at all.

One of you bitches said something like “I hope we don’t get like CGY, just good enough to make a run at getting in the playoffs every year.”

A-freaking-men

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/22/13 at 09:58 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Besides the huge amount of suck from last nights suckfest, I have been dwelling on Mickey’s comments aboot Datsyuk returning to Mother Russia when his contract is up.  He spoke as if it is common knowledge around the league.

So, that is my post-suckfest, can it possibly get any worse, two cents. I got nothin’. Much like the hapless Wings. I guess this is what it feels like to be a fan of (insert any team). Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/22/13 at 11:19 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Correction. This is what is feels like to be a fan of the Dead Things.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/22/13 at 11:27 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

For all intents and purposes, that was a season-ending loss.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 02/21/13 at 10:16 PM ET

That was honestly my first thought.  Common sense tries to kick in but fails.  They do come back to surprise us but we have to face it, we are not very good deep.  We are average or below when you get past Datsyuk Zetterberg.

Abby keeps going to the front of the net as hard as anyone, was mugged and assaulted on the PP, but really shouldn’t be a second line player and has no goals to show for it.  Lashoff really was too passive on the PK and let that guy get position and knock in the loose puck.  I think Kronwall tried to floor him but too late.

With so many of our last games on the road we needed really 4 or 5 out of 6 points in these 3 home games.

Now we have back to back coming against Nashville and the Vancouver?  5 games in one week, Sunday - Sunday.

Even if we get the return of Franzen and Helm and Bertuzzi, AND they should happen to return to their best forms remarkably fast, will that be enough improvement to be able to salvage a playoff position?  The way we are going we could quickly be 5 or 6 points out of 8th place, and I mean within the next week.

Posted by RWBill on 02/22/13 at 12:25 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

After last night, the refrains of David Bowie come to mind:  PANIC

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/22/13 at 01:03 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I remember seeing video of Pav when he was playing in the KHL during the lockout.  He looked pretty damned happy.  It was painful to watch at the time, because I was so mad about the lockout.  But now I’m thinking - why would he want to re-sign in the NHL when he and Z have to carry this team on their backs night after night after night?  And in Pav’s case, he seems to always be stuck centering whatever line Babcock is experimenting with.  I wouldn’t blame him a bit if he left after this season.

I didn’t see the TV broadcast last night, so didn’t know Mickey was talking about it until I read Kate’s post just now.  Sounds like there’s no need for us to even wonder. Sad.

I am wondering what kind of contract offer Jimmah could possibly be expecting.  Believe me, I’m painfully aware of all the suck that’s been going on in front of him, but in each of the last three games that the Wings led by 2 goals and then lost, wasn’t there at least ONE goal that he should have stopped?  I don’t think he’s as sharp as he was last year at all.  And that makes me sad because I really like the guy and thought, the past two seasons, that maybe he was going to be the goaltender none of us ever thought he could be.

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 02/22/13 at 01:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/22/13 at 12:21 PM ET

Pav looks like he’s even more inventive and free spirited after playing in the KHL a few months.

I suspect Mick was just idly repeating what someone blogged, which these days things get repeated so quickly and often that they become accepted as fact, regardless of factual basis.  Let’s see in 2014.  He’ll be 36 then?? Is that possible?  Crapola.

Posted by RWBill on 02/22/13 at 05:18 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday

#Isles will place Rick DiPietro on waivers at noon.
4:19 PM - 22 Feb 13

What? The franchise goalie and the one time Next Big Thing?  The career of a goalie is like a roller coaster.  When you think of it, there are so few like Brodeur or Kiprusoff who are so consistent and reliable that they are the acknowledged backbone of the team for a long time.

Posted by RWBill on 02/22/13 at 05:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Do you believe in miracles?

Posted by RWBill on 02/22/13 at 05:34 PM ET