Abel to Yzerman

Quick Recap- Detroit/Carolina

The Wings played better tomight with a 4-2 win.

Two points out of first boys!

Discuss

Detroit goals are below.

See you at 12:00pm ET on Monday (MLK Day).  They'll be playing in Columbus.

Bobby Ryan

Daniels/Redmond call

Kal/Woods call

Dylan Larkin

Robby Fabbri

Dylan Larkin ENG

Team stats

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Bobby Ryan is very outspoken. Nice…..

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/16/21 at 09:43 PM ET

Great character game.  Boys get a big pat on the back then, onto the next one Ol Son.

DRW keeping it 90!

Posted by ThatGuy on 01/16/21 at 09:46 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Secondary scoring always helps. smirk

Posted by bigfrog on 01/16/21 at 09:58 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

This is more like it

Posted by ilovehomers on 01/16/21 at 10:09 PM ET

PierreC's avatar

WE WON !!!!!!!

I never thought it felt so good !!

A lot more organize tonight, more intense..except big Mo who is still floating around, counting money of his brand new contract.

Fabbri’s line was the best, Zadina can’t score yet but can make plays when it matters. Againe he is improving, stronger on the puck, plays a better overall game..

Staal still slow but strong on the puck and doesn’t turn the puck over that easy. Not like Hronek did at the end on the empty net goal when he cleared the puck right in front of our net..thank God it went through…

Overall the newbies were better ..Staal, Stetcher, Namesnitkov all look a lot better..

And Bernier played well but our defense was much better tonight so..it help !

A little note…Brome should have more offensive responsability. Good ol Blash is trying to turn him into a defense specialist..

A my first star of the night is…. LIL BERT !!! I wish Big MO would be as intense as Lil Bert is…

So we are 1-1 ..let’s make it 2-1 in monday at NOON !

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 01/16/21 at 10:16 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Very nice game by the Wings.

This game is not won without Zadina. I know a few here chastised him last game but I thought he had a pretty good game then. Some very good stick checks and steals and tonight he continued and had better line mates to capitalize.

Stecher and Merrill look very good again. My biggest bitch was Mantha. Man, he looks like he is collecting a paycheck half the time. He did some good things, then he looked stoned and disengaged.

Also, I think hats need to go off to Blashill and coaches. They got these guys playing physical and changed up the defensive pattern often. I saw a 2-1-2 most of the night then at times 2-2-1

Bert is game on almost every game. Man, he is inspiring. Larkin looked much better but he keeps forcing shit in the O Zone and keeps getting burned. Bad habits.

Awesome Win! Let’s Go Wings!!!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/16/21 at 10:21 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 01/16/21 at 10:16 PM ET

I am with you Pierre! We said similar things. I was typing slower than you! Ha!

Have a good night all!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/16/21 at 10:23 PM ET

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/16/21 at 10:21 PM ET

When he was playing in the world juniors the year he was by the Wings, I had nearly identical gripes with him.  And then I turn around at the stats and he played 30 or some odd minutes that game.

If we’re looking at another Not Hossa, I hope he proves us wrong.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 01/16/21 at 10:34 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I have to agree. Zadina’s passes to Bobby Ryan, and then later Fabbri were right on the tape, then bam! into the back of the net. Very nice work indeed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/16/21 at 11:00 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I noticed Stetcher tonight a couple times which is great. He made some nice plays.

I have to give Blash some credit tonight also he seemed to have the guys ready to play tonight.

Hopefully they build on this and keep improving.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/16/21 at 11:31 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I missed the blog, but managed to catch the game anyway.

The way we played tonight was like watching a completely different team. I hope this is the team that showed up more often this season.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/17/21 at 12:53 AM ET