Abel to Yzerman

Perfection

This was captured and posted this morning by A2Y's RWBill.  It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen.  We, the 19, thank you fans of all other teams.  We thank you for despising our Wings, and even us.  We know why you do, and it's awesome. Enjoy this picture, just as we've enjoyed watching our Wings rule this league since 1997.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

calquake's avatar

As a side note, NHL Network is re-broadcasting last night’s game in aboot 15 minutes.  However, get this, it’s STILL FREAKIN’ BLACKED OUT.  That’s right, a RE-BROADCAST is blacked out.  FUCH YOU DUCKS, FUCH YOU NHL NETWORK, but most of all FUCH YOU LIL’ GARY.

Posted by calquake on 03/23/13 at 10:46 AM ET

christpuncher's avatar

Life is soooo good today!!

Posted by christpuncher from Detroit, MI on 03/23/13 at 10:46 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by calquake on 03/23/13 at 11:46 AM ET

As long as I live, I will never understand the attitudes of media rights holders.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/23/13 at 11:07 AM ET

Awesome Bill.  Made my day.

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 03/23/13 at 11:10 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

thanks Bill

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/23/13 at 11:11 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Abby is No. 1.

the DRWs are No. 1

A2Y, TMR, KK are No. 1

L.G.R.W.

Get Fox Sports Detroit to rehire Larry Murphy

sign here

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/23/13 at 11:17 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Gator with a hatty - - the End is nigh!

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/23/13 at 11:59 AM ET

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/23/13 at 12:06 PM ET

perfection's avatar

yeah I don’t think Ducks fans are that passionate… that looks more like it’s probably a Wings fan (Garth?) upset that they can no longer claim the Wings should WAIVE Abby with a straight face

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/23/13 at 12:13 PM ET

socalwingnut's avatar

Living within a couple miles of the Honda Center, I am loving the hockey conversations with the local Ducks fans this morning:

Fasth pulled.

12 game home win streak gone.

Abdelkader Hat trick.

Ericsson going with Getzlaf.

Ryan chasing Smith around and then getting popped. A truly target rich environment.

Posted by socalwingnut on 03/23/13 at 12:25 PM ET

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/23/13 at 01:13 PM ET

Sorry dude, but the thing about sarcasm is that for it to work you have to say it with a straight face.

Posted by Garth on 03/23/13 at 12:30 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/23/13 at 12:17 PM ET

Signed.

Bring back Papa Murph

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/23/13 at 12:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Go Blue!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/23/13 at 01:14 PM ET

perfection's avatar

Posted by Garth on 03/23/13 at 01:30 PM ET

I’m not sure I understand your point… are you actually saying your daily rants this season about cutting/waiving Abby have all been sarcastic? If so, you’ve been extremely devoted to a pretty bad joke.

a memo from the coach to you (I know, I know… you’d TOTALLY be a better coach (and GM!)):

“I’ve heard over the last little while, ‘Why is he playing Abby there? He’s not the right guy to play there,’ ‘’ Babcock said. “Well, we think he is the right guy to play there.

“With his hard work, he’s being rewarded. Good for him, he’s got to feel good about himself. His job isn’t to do that (score), his job is to get to the net front, to get the puck back for (Datsyuk) and do the heavy lifting for them, and that’s what he’s been doing.’‘

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/23/13 at 01:30 PM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

My family and I will be in section 206 row 6, look for the “Bring back Murphy” sign.  Im going to buy a large piece of poster board now.  Fox Sports Detroit will see what happens when they mess with The 19.

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 03/23/13 at 02:07 PM ET

I’m not sure I understand your point…

Colour me surprised

My daily rants have been about Abdelkader not being on Datsyuk’s line.  I think I’ve suggested once that he be waived, and that was sarcastically because as much as I don’t want him on Datsyuk’s line, I also don’t want him playing in GR with his cap hit still being carried by the Wings.  I also think if they were to get rid of him, only a shitty GM would go the way of waiving him without even trying to get something in return.

That’s cute.  Because, you know, I’m sure Abdelkader is going to continue to have 3-goal, 4-point nights for the rest of the season on Datsyuk’s wing, right?

I love that Abdelkader’s complete lack of production on Datsyuk’s wing for half the season was a BS reason to move him to another line but suddenly one game of showing that he can be more than a pylon to have pucks bounced off of him now proves that he belongs there.

Yes.  He had a fantastic game.  And in that one game he got FOUR TIMES as many points as he’s had in the rest of his stint on Datsyuk’s wing.

Good for him.  Let’s clone him and put one of him on all four lines and then every one of them can get a hat trick every game.  Huzzah, all Detroit’s problems have disappeared because Abdelkader had one good game on Datsyuk’s wing!

Posted by Garth on 03/23/13 at 02:53 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 03/23/13 at 03:07 PM ET

Awesome.  Get the crowd going!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/23/13 at 03:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Go Blue!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/23/13 at 02:14 PM ET

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!  Game starts at 4:35 on FSD Plus, which I don’t get.  But I’ll be listening.

LET’S GO BLUE!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/23/13 at 03:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I loved that moment also.  The mind of the body attached to this finger was no doubt pissed anyway because, again, half of his home arena was the color of the hated Detroyet Red Wings, and by half way through the third period there were not even enough home town fans left to drown out the Lets Go Red Wings chants.

Such is the Sucky Life of a hockey fan of a Southern California team.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/24/13 at 12:39 AM ET

Cwix's avatar

Make that your wallpaper, fuchers

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Chicago, IL on 03/24/13 at 06:52 AM ET

Colquhoun's avatar

There must have been some proctologists at the game

Posted by Colquhoun on 03/24/13 at 06:22 PM ET