Abel to Yzerman
by IwoCPO on 12/24/06 at 12:25 PM ET
17. That’s the amount of times this morning I’ve watched Datsyuk’s OT turnover.
23. That’s the number on the back of Matthieu Schneider’s jersey. He’s the player Datsyuk should have passed to rather than dinking around.
5. That’s the number of points the Wings have given away because we can’t win in OT or the shootout.
13 and 11. 9 and 9. I’ll tell you the relevance after you read this….
Tom Powers/St. Paul Pioneer Press
The Detroit Red Wings are the ultimate New Age hockey club. They have the ability to win a Stanley Cup without ever actually making physical contact with a player from an opposing team.
The Wings are loaded with swift skaters, and they control the puck better than any other group in the NHL. Body contact just slows them down. Basically, they play 1970s Eurohockey.
13 hits for the Wings, 11 for Minnesota. But when one of your “star” players turns the puck over in OT leading to a breakaway and sorrow, and that “star” happens to be European…well, it just gives people ammunition for statements like that.
9 and 9? Nine Euro’s apiece in each lineup last night.
2. The number of brain cells I must have used when buying my wife a specific Christmas gift. It’s one of those things guys should never buy for women because they (women) are so frigging particular. I fully expect a “oh honey….thanks” type of reaction, followed hours later by an innocent, “did you keep the receipt?” I’ll tell you what it was tomorrow. I’m quite sure you’re chomping at the bit to find out.
19. Easy Tiger. It’s the number of games Homer had gone without a goal until last night.
16. The number of seconds Detroit held their third-period lead.
35. The number of shots the Wings have given up the last two games against Minnesota.
3. Consecutive games the Wings have been outshot.
And finally, 8. That’s the number of feet I spit a mouthfull of beer yesterday afternoon when Ricky Bobby’s kid said, “Dad you made that grace your bitch.”
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Abel to Yzerman
Welcome to Abel to Yzerman, a Red Wing blog since 1977. No other site on the internet has better-researched, fact-laden and better prepared discussions than A2Y. Re-phrase: we do little research, find facts and stats highly overrated and claim little to no preparation. There are 19 readers of A2Y. No more, no less. All of them, except maybe one, are juvenile in nature. Reminding them of that in the comment section will only encourage them to prove that. Your suggestions and critiques are welcome: email@example.com