Abel to Yzerman

One LB At A Time

I can’t be George Malik.  I can’t be the guy who stomachs up and soldiers on no matter the circumstances.  I’m fetal now because here I sit in the same sports bar where I’ve watched us lose five games this postseason.

What I should do is pay up and get the hell out of here.

The odds are so sickeningly stacked.  This hole is so deep.  Shallower now than two days ago?  Yep.  But steep.

So many questions.  Was that their whole load on Thursday?  Was it simply a San Jose letdown?  Can Jimmah muster it again?  Can the Mule?  Will I literally piss myself if the Wings fall behind tonite?

There are millions rooting against you tonite.  Thousands against the 19 of us in particular.  Of course only about five of them will show their faces because the Emperor made them register.  But oh they want you miserable in the worst way.

And all we can do is sit and hope that tomorrow offers an opportunity to smirk for one more day.  Because if that arrogant grin returns tomorrow?  Well.  All bets are off bitches.

It can happen.  The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.

Mainly because I switched seats.  Let’s live blog this motherfucher.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Pavelski was close to invissible on Thursday….
Whatever the cause, let’s just hope it is lingering..

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 05/09/10 at 12:02 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Saw Stuie taking the warmup.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/09/10 at 12:02 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Sorry Malibu, I didn’t go looking. Gonna stick with the reliable quality of the usual…even if it is Versucks…might try syncing with the radio once things get moving.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 10:00 PM ET

Yea I only asked cause I saw the usual was VS, thanks for the info.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/09/10 at 12:03 AM ET

Alzy's avatar

Well, at least we didn’t play in the afternoon today. I still believe. We win tonight, and I think the seeds of doubt will begin to sprout in the minds of the Tuna.

LET’S GO RED WINGS(excla-fuching-mation. POINT)

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 05/09/10 at 12:03 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Shift by shift. Win a face off or 30 too please.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/09/10 at 12:03 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Stuart in.  Thank the little baby Jesus.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/09/10 at 12:04 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ready bitches? As it is written on the back of Jimmah’s mask, “Let’s Roll.”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/09/10 at 12:04 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

From Khan by the way.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/09/10 at 12:05 AM ET

Bhernhard Bhudznev's avatar

Saddle up Boys,  Its time to ride the Mule.

I see Flip,  getting loose tonight.

One at a time,  just one at a time.

Lets get it on.

Posted by Bhernhard Bhudznev from Traverse City, MI on 05/09/10 at 12:05 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, 19.

What are you bitches drinking?

My hands are shaking, don’t blame me if most of it ends up on your lap.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/09/10 at 12:05 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Malibu, in case you missed my last post, the usual has switched over to FSD.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/09/10 at 12:05 AM ET

VooX's avatar

My hands are shaking, don’t blame me if most of it ends up on your lap.

Sounds like my love life.

Guilherme's avatar

Stuart and Lebda in, Ritola out.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 05/09/10 at 12:06 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Shift by shift. Win a face off or 30 too please.

A - - freaking - -men

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/09/10 at 12:06 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Fuch the odds

Elimination games…well here we are…once more into the pit comrades!!....once more!!

LGRW!!!

History will be made!!!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/09/10 at 12:06 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Stu in. Time to hunt a Shark Stu.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/09/10 at 12:06 AM ET

thethirdcoast's avatar

GET IT ON!

BANG A GONG!

LET’S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Posted by thethirdcoast from Algiers, DZ on 05/09/10 at 12:06 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I swallowed a whole box of Tic Tac in the last 15 minutes. I’m stressed. Thank gawd I’m not the only one.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 05/09/10 at 12:07 AM ET

Tuba Guy's avatar

Go baby, go!

Posted by Tuba Guy from Royal Oak, MI on 05/09/10 at 12:07 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Malibu, in case you missed my last post, the usual has switched over to FSD.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 10:05 PM ET

I did see it, thanks dude.

Voox - I’m going strong from the get go.  Chimay Blue.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/09/10 at 12:07 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Disco Stu…legend in the making!

LGRW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/09/10 at 12:08 AM ET

Tuba Guy's avatar

Can I just say that I love Sean Balligian’s Nabakov impression?

Posted by Tuba Guy from Royal Oak, MI on 05/09/10 at 12:08 AM ET

MarkK's avatar

“March 13, 1983, was the day I was shot. So that’s why I wear No. 13.”

O’Halloran was shot on my negative third birthday?  So all this time 13 was my number because of this and not because of my date of birth.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 05/09/10 at 12:08 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

EVENIN’ BITCHES!!!

Good Luck!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/10 at 12:08 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Easy on the vibrato, geez.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/09/10 at 12:09 AM ET

Tuba Guy's avatar

Terrible anthem singer!

Posted by Tuba Guy from Royal Oak, MI on 05/09/10 at 12:09 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

She’s no Karen. She’s off-key and needs a bag.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/09/10 at 12:09 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Work on that pitch hon.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/09/10 at 12:10 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Guilherme

Wait don’t eat those!

Too late?  You just ate the most acid I’ve seen anyone eat in my life, man.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/09/10 at 12:10 AM ET

Tuba Guy's avatar

Where’s the auto tune?

Posted by Tuba Guy from Royal Oak, MI on 05/09/10 at 12:10 AM ET

Nati's avatar

Just got home from work. Had a really rough day. Best part. I can’t even drink because I have to be back at work at 8 am. 40+ work weeks should be illegal in retail. Messes with people’s sanity and the wings don’t with help that.

just. win. please.

LGRW

Posted by Nati from school or work, either would apply on 05/09/10 at 12:10 AM ET

Lets hope the Sharks come out as flat as the anthem singer….

LGRW!!

Posted by Sabotage on 05/09/10 at 12:10 AM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

here we go, butches. it’s on.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/09/10 at 12:10 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I Believe.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/09/10 at 12:11 AM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

here we go, butches. it’s on.

Posted by Twig in Houston on 05/08/10 at 10:10 PM ET

bitches. not my fault the i and u are so close.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/09/10 at 12:11 AM ET

kayl's avatar

LGRW!!!!!!!

Voox- I’m drinking Strongbow- Sorry, I don’t like beer!

Posted by kayl from Brewtown on 05/09/10 at 12:11 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Oh and by the way, evening bitches?

Did someone say stressed?

So glad I’m drunk already

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/09/10 at 12:11 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

You cannot beat San Jose four straight, but you can beat them once four times.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/10 at 12:11 AM ET

thethirdcoast's avatar

Lebda is in as a wing on the third line?

Plz stay healthy Stuie!!!

Posted by thethirdcoast from Algiers, DZ on 05/09/10 at 12:11 AM ET