Abel to Yzerman

One LB At A Time

I can’t be George Malik.  I can’t be the guy who stomachs up and soldiers on no matter the circumstances.  I’m fetal now because here I sit in the same sports bar where I’ve watched us lose five games this postseason.

What I should do is pay up and get the hell out of here.

The odds are so sickeningly stacked.  This hole is so deep.  Shallower now than two days ago?  Yep.  But steep.

So many questions.  Was that their whole load on Thursday?  Was it simply a San Jose letdown?  Can Jimmah muster it again?  Can the Mule?  Will I literally piss myself if the Wings fall behind tonite?

There are millions rooting against you tonite.  Thousands against the 19 of us in particular.  Of course only about five of them will show their faces because the Emperor made them register.  But oh they want you miserable in the worst way.

And all we can do is sit and hope that tomorrow offers an opportunity to smirk for one more day.  Because if that arrogant grin returns tomorrow?  Well.  All bets are off bitches.

It can happen.  The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.

Mainly because I switched seats.  Let’s live blog this motherfucher.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

pgoody's avatar

Yup. LOL’Halloran was in Dallas in Game 4 two years ago, he was in Detroit for Game 1 against Pittsburgh two years ago.

Oh, and he was the one who gave Kronwall five and a game for erasing Havlat in Game 3 in Chicago last year…

Posted by EFWolverine from Dearborn on 05/08/10 at 09:18 PM ET

Yikes…

Elimination game… on Away ice… at the Tank… possibly missing Stuart… O’Halloran reffing…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:20 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

The Canadiens have been AWFUL in their own zone tonight.  Makes me wonder how they’ve gotten this far, or perhaps they’re just having a really, really off night.

They’ve had trouble clearing the zone, and aren’t looking real good on the wall, but they’re not breaking down and getting drawn out of position either. Apparently that’s how they’ve won the games they have. Course, they haven’t converted any of their chances either this game.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 11:21 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

besides the calls he makes against the wings, the one thing that i truly hate about o’halloran is that fuching smirk on his face when he screws us. it’s like he knows he’s wrong, enjoys it, and knows he’s untouchable.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/08/10 at 11:22 PM ET

kayl's avatar

Sup, bitches?

We ready to kick some shark ass?

I’ve got a Qdoba Chicken Queso in my hand and a Strongbow at my side. LGRW!

I BELIEVE!!!!!

Posted by kayl from Brewtown on 05/08/10 at 11:23 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Twig in Houston on 05/08/10 at 09:22 PM ET

He was almost shot to death in Detroit on March 13,1983. Sub-consciously anti Detroit?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/10 at 11:26 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

I am just in awe at how effective laying down on the ice is for a D-Man… it just works…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:27 PM ET

barnburner13's avatar

Believe!

Posted by barnburner13 from Fort Drum, NY on 05/08/10 at 11:27 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

i knew about him getting shot. i was almost 2 years old at that moment. i would say it’s time to get over it.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/08/10 at 11:27 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Inch by inch bitches. Let’s Go Red Wings.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/08/10 at 11:29 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Twig in Houston on 05/08/10 at 09:27 PM ET

I would think he has.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/10 at 11:29 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Inch by inch bitches. Let’s Go Red Wings.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 on 05/08/10 at 09:29 PM ET

Whatever it takes. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/10 at 11:31 PM ET

pucked up's avatar

My daughter’s Magic 8 Ball says a Wings’ win is a “certainty”.  When asked about ‘Halloran’s fairness with the whistle tonight, it said to “ask again later”.

8 Ball in the corner pocket (aka trash can)

I believe.  LGRW.

Posted by pucked up on 05/08/10 at 11:33 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

gotta hand it to the pens, they can hold a lead…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:34 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Pit will just about finish the game short handed. Parity keeps the games interesting.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 11:35 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

gotta hand it to the pens

Is that you, Gary?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/08/10 at 11:37 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

yes fuch fleurys shutout…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:38 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

2-1. 30 seconds

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 11:39 PM ET

EFWolverine's avatar

Huh, no intent to blow? smile

Posted by EFWolverine from Dearborn on 05/08/10 at 11:39 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Stu in or out?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/08/10 at 11:40 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Ahahaha, fuched up Fleury’s shutout.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/08/10 at 11:40 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Damn. Pens win.

Is it 10 pm yet?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 11:40 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

wow empy net and rosby still couldnt score… yet the pens win…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:40 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

It can happen.  The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.

Yes. It Can.

Believe.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 05/08/10 at 11:42 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Here fishy, fishy, fishy…....

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/08/10 at 11:43 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Here fishy, fishy, fishy…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:45 PM ET

Mr Fluffy   that would be funny if it wasn’t true!

Posted by #16 from Michigan on 05/08/10 at 11:49 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Here fishy, fishy, fishy…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:50 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

All odds are against us.

Though… think about it.

When the Mule went down for most of the season in game friggin 3… the odds weren’t with us.

When Larry Aurie went on his march to the sea, leaving scorched earth in our dressing room and a bounty for the trainers’ tables… the odds weren’t with us.

When we were staring down the barrel of 23 games remaining after the Olympic break, and we were nestled there in 10th…. the odds weren’t with us.

When we were facing elimination on the road in game seven, against a Phoenix team who’s owner just happened to sign the officials paychecks…. the odds weren’t with us.

When we were down 3-0, and facing elimination at home… the odds weren’t with us.

Fuch the odds.

I Believe.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 05/08/10 at 11:52 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Here fishy, fishy, fishy…

I’m to lazy to photochop Bert.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 11:53 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 05/08/10 at 09:52 PM ET

I drink to dat.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/08/10 at 11:53 PM ET

Winging_in_TN's avatar

ahhhhhh 5 fuching minutes, shut-up VS!

Posted by Winging_in_TN on 05/08/10 at 11:55 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 11:55 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Rob Blake?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 11:56 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 09:53 PM ET

I love all of The Muppets.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/10 at 11:57 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Anyone know if there exists a Ken and Mickey feed?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/08/10 at 11:59 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Sorry Malibu, I didn’t go looking. Gonna stick with the reliable quality of the usual…even if it is Versucks…might try syncing with the radio once things get moving.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/09/10 at 12:00 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

belay that last….he’s switching to FSD…or trying to anyway.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/09/10 at 12:01 AM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

ty for the hook ups you guys smile bad ass.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 05/09/10 at 12:01 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Herme? Where are you Herme??

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/08/10 at 08:57 PM ET

I’m here, I’m late, I won’t LB because of bad connection, but I believe.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 05/09/10 at 12:01 AM ET