Abel to Yzerman

One LB At A Time

I can’t be George Malik.  I can’t be the guy who stomachs up and soldiers on no matter the circumstances.  I’m fetal now because here I sit in the same sports bar where I’ve watched us lose five games this postseason.

What I should do is pay up and get the hell out of here.

The odds are so sickeningly stacked.  This hole is so deep.  Shallower now than two days ago?  Yep.  But steep.

So many questions.  Was that their whole load on Thursday?  Was it simply a San Jose letdown?  Can Jimmah muster it again?  Can the Mule?  Will I literally piss myself if the Wings fall behind tonite?

There are millions rooting against you tonite.  Thousands against the 19 of us in particular.  Of course only about five of them will show their faces because the Emperor made them register.  But oh they want you miserable in the worst way.

And all we can do is sit and hope that tomorrow offers an opportunity to smirk for one more day.  Because if that arrogant grin returns tomorrow?  Well.  All bets are off bitches.

It can happen.  The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.

Mainly because I switched seats.  Let’s live blog this motherfucher.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 29 30 31

ITDeuce's avatar

I’m actually kind of concerned with how happy that just made me.  Who else has adopted the Habs for the rest of the post season?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/12/10 at 10:52 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

No matter what happens from here on out, the Eastern Conference Champions will not have had enough points to make the playoffs in the West.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 05/12/10 at 10:53 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 05/12/10 at 09:52 PM ET

I’m on this bandwagon. 28 Cups. Arrogant fans. Tradition. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/12/10 at 10:54 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/12/10 at 10:55 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

So will this jar the Chief or The Bartender out of the padded room and on to the controls for a post or three?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/12/10 at 10:55 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

I’m not necessarily adopting the Habs, but I am absolutely overjoyed right now.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/12/10 at 10:55 PM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 05/12/10 at 09:52 PM ET

99.8% guilty.

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 05/12/10 at 10:55 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce

Yes. But it’s going to be brutal to see them get romped if they make it to the finals.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas

Amazing how far a hot goalie gets you.

Posted by Osrt on 05/12/10 at 10:56 PM ET

VooX's avatar

The Stanley Cup hangover is a bitch.

If the Wings couldn’t do it, at least the Pens won’t win the Cup.  I take consolation in while both teams lost in the second round, we lost to the first place team in the league while the Pens lost to the 19th place team.  FMAO that’s funny.

I have been so busy lately, this blog has been ignored.  I will make it up tonight with a post full of anger, virtiol, and sarcasm.  Just the way I like it.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/10 at 10:56 PM ET

VooX's avatar

You better believe it, bitch.  Keep your eyes open.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/10 at 10:57 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

voox lives! i’ll take a shot of johnnie walker, sir!

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/12/10 at 10:58 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Cincy on 05/12/10 at 09:55 PM ET

Yes. Count on it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it even today at some point.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/12/10 at 10:58 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 05/12/10 at 09:52 PM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/12/10 at 10:59 PM ET

MacPhisto's avatar

So much for the Pen(i)s dynasty. NANANANA NANANANA

Guess no troll’s gonna come around these days.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ovechkin had 10pts +5 in 7 games against the Canadiens
Crysby had 5pts -1 in 7 games against the Canadiens.

Oh that choker Ovechkin.

Now someone please beat the Blacksucks.

Posted by MacPhisto from Hungary on 05/12/10 at 10:59 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Who else has adopted the Habs for the rest of the post season?

Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 05/12/10 at 09:52 PM ET

Well, there is nobody on their team that I hate. Can’t say that aboot any of the other remaining teams,so Go Habs!

“Captain” Crosby, -3 tonight. Semi-wood when I heard that.

Posted by dougie on 05/12/10 at 10:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Bring it, Bitch, bring it

What a great night.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/12/10 at 11:00 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Just the way I like it. ...

You better believe it, bitch.  Keep your eyes open.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/10 at 09:57 PM ET

Warm, flat, funky…it don’t matter to me.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/12/10 at 11:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

24 Cups. My bad. I don’t know why I thought it was 28.

Oh well, 24 Cups. Arrogant fans. Tradition. Lets Go Habs!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/12/10 at 11:02 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Do it now:

Official Detroit Red Wings
Datsyuk needs your help! He’s up for The Hockey News’ NHL Play of the Year - vote early and often here:

... and again, and again, and ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/12/10 at 11:15 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

leino has a penalty shot coming up

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/12/10 at 11:20 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Uhh…Leino just got a freakin’ penalty shot. Wow…

Posted by Osrt on 05/12/10 at 11:20 PM ET

Penalty shot for Leino…

...denied by Rask.

Still 2-0 PHI.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/12/10 at 11:21 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Leino with a penalty shot ...

... and Rask says nooooooooooo.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/12/10 at 11:22 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Leino blows it, but wow what a Beard. It’s better than Tuzzi’s. Seriously.

Another game 7 coming up.

Posted by Osrt on 05/12/10 at 11:24 PM ET

Less than two minutes to go.  Still 2-0 PHI.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/12/10 at 11:31 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

wouldnt say leino blew it… that was a great save…

Posted by pgoody on 05/12/10 at 11:32 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

2-1, 1 minute left.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/12/10 at 11:33 PM ET

Bruins score.  2-1 PHI.  Exactly one minute to play.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/12/10 at 11:33 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

was looking at the BOS/PHI espn game conversation and it was actually quite civilized… however… some of the “fans” have 0 hockey IQ…

Posted by pgoody on 05/12/10 at 11:34 PM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

I can mention OT, since I don’t care about jinxing either team.  Can I still hope for a nuke bomb to drop on Philly?

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 05/12/10 at 11:35 PM ET

There will be a Game Seven in Boston.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/12/10 at 11:36 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

game 7. wow. wish it was us… but wow.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/12/10 at 11:37 PM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

Oh well.

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 05/12/10 at 11:38 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I actually shut off my daughter’s “Total Drama Island” and made her sit and watch the the last two minutes of that glorious Penns defeat.

And there was much rejoicing.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/12/10 at 11:44 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Gah!  Half way through the second period of the Boston game, we lost power.  So I didn’t get to see the Habs win or Boston lose.  I’m still hoping for a Boston/Montreal series, but Boston is driving me nuts with throwing away 3 games in a row.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/13/10 at 12:04 AM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

rosby cries about the officials. what a joke:

“I was stunned,” rosby said. “I don’t know how that’s a penalty 10 seconds into the game.”

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/13/10 at 12:15 AM ET

Osrt's avatar

wouldnt say leino blew it… that was a great save…

Posted by pgoody

Didn’t even make him flinch. But yea, definitely a big time save.

Briere is impressive. Reminds me of Kane. Shifty, effective, tiny bitch.

Posted by Osrt on 05/13/10 at 12:25 AM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

AWESOME!

What?  The fact that the PEN(I)S cannot go back to back!

Assholes.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 05/13/10 at 01:14 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I received this email-
___________________

Great Deals at the Verizon Center Team Store on Saturday, May 15

Want to score great deals on Caps merchandise? Then head to the Team Store at Verizon Center onSaturday, May 15 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. for the End of Season Sale!

Take advantage of these great offers:

Up to 85% off select Capitals merchandise
20% off Capitals jerseys
35% Off Capitals 35th Season Merchandise
Buy 2 Capitals jersey t-shirts and get the 3rd free!
And much, much more…
__________________________

The Washington Capitals…
35 years.
3 logos.
0 Cups.
On Sale.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/14/10 at 08:10 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 29 30 31