Abel to Yzerman

One LB At A Time

I can’t be George Malik.  I can’t be the guy who stomachs up and soldiers on no matter the circumstances.  I’m fetal now because here I sit in the same sports bar where I’ve watched us lose five games this postseason.

What I should do is pay up and get the hell out of here.

The odds are so sickeningly stacked.  This hole is so deep.  Shallower now than two days ago?  Yep.  But steep.

So many questions.  Was that their whole load on Thursday?  Was it simply a San Jose letdown?  Can Jimmah muster it again?  Can the Mule?  Will I literally piss myself if the Wings fall behind tonite?

There are millions rooting against you tonite.  Thousands against the 19 of us in particular.  Of course only about five of them will show their faces because the Emperor made them register.  But oh they want you miserable in the worst way.

And all we can do is sit and hope that tomorrow offers an opportunity to smirk for one more day.  Because if that arrogant grin returns tomorrow?  Well.  All bets are off bitches.

It can happen.  The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.

Mainly because I switched seats.  Let’s live blog this motherfucher.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

MarkK's avatar

Mainly because I switched seats.

Hell fauxin yeah.  And because I shaved my bad luck playoff beard before the game 4 win.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 05/08/10 at 09:02 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I made a post the other day…one in which I obviously forgot to listen to Journey…or was it Gordo? I can’t remember.

Don’t stop believing…LGRW.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/08/10 at 09:09 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Gotta win one more.  Don’t make me stop watching the playoffs.

For now, Pens up 1-0 but on the PK to start the 2nd.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 09:09 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

If they let the players decide who wins tonight, we win… otherwise…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 09:10 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

So Flower alone knocks the net off after a frantic PK and then some. Somehow that doesn’t result in a delay call.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 09:13 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

It can happen.  The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.

The key for Game 5 is the same as it was for Game 4. Johnny plays 27 minutes and Mule scores four goals. It’s so damn simple I have to wonder why Uncle Mike didn’t think of it until two days ago.

So, now that we’ve got that figured out, let’s play the damn game and get back on track here.

Oh, and if you think changing seats will help, I’ll move over to the easy chair tonight. The fricking cat will just have to find some other place to sleep. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/08/10 at 09:14 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Shallower now than two days ago?  Yep.  But steep.

Two days after and we’re all still here. I like our chances.

Believe. Bitches. Believe.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/10 at 09:17 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

They live in Chicago and needed to talk to Aunt Katie before The Game.

I had three words for them.

Believe. Bitches. Believe.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa

Awesome.

Getting together with friends at Buffalo Wild Wings for the game. No LB for me.

Chief, can you get some Seals on an anit-Bitchassbitch mission? There is a Aptain wearing 19 that doesn’t that has no business wearing that number and we need him dead.

Posted by Osrt on 05/08/10 at 09:18 PM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

We win tonight and I guarentee there will be a mud trail from the shit in the Sharks shorts all the way to Motown.  Lets do this!

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 05/08/10 at 09:20 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Plant his ass, Subbs…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/10 at 09:23 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Damn. Halak gettin beat on the screens tonite. 2-0

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 09:27 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

“It can happen.  The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.”

Never, never, never give up.

One.
Game.
At.
A.
Time.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/08/10 at 09:30 PM ET

Since71's avatar

Evening all.

Anyone else counting the minutes while we ride this stress train?

Posted by Since71 from Bucharest, Romania on 05/08/10 at 09:35 PM ET

edillac's avatar

Believe. Bitches. Believe.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa. on 05/08/10 at 08:17 PM ET

go go go

And Chief,just find another bar with a TV,persuade them to put the Wings game on,

I say,if SJ could win 3 in a row,Wings can win 4 in a row

Posted by edillac from isolation on 05/08/10 at 09:36 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 08:13 PM ET

I noticed that and was thinking the same thing.  What a surprise.

I wish the Wings could watch the Habs playing right now to see how NOT to play tonight.  Totally out of sync, turnover after turnover, can’t clear the zone, can’t get off the perimeter in the offensive zone.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/08/10 at 09:40 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

2-0 Pit after 40. Refs mostly content to watch this one. Let’s hope we get the same treatment. Sharks haven’t been able to keep up 5x5 all series.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/08/10 at 09:45 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I shaved my bad luck beard before game 4 also!!!! Quick everyone shave!!

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/08/10 at 09:46 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

I Believe.

bitches.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 05/08/10 at 09:47 PM ET

Good evening all.  LGRW 1 game at a time!

Posted by #16 from Michigan on 05/08/10 at 09:52 PM ET

Third Man In's avatar

One game, one period, one shift at a time. Win tonight and we’ve got a series.

Go Wings.

Posted by Third Man In from The Internet. on 05/08/10 at 09:53 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

I’m in, I BELIEVE!!!

GO WINGS!!! Lets eat some SHARK!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/08/10 at 09:54 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Herme? Where are you Herme??

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/08/10 at 09:57 PM ET

pucked up's avatar

Faceoff performance first and foremost.  Own that puck.  I believe.  LGRW.

Posted by pucked up on 05/08/10 at 09:59 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

60 minutes away, here comes the nausea.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/08/10 at 10:00 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

The odds are disgusting. But it. Can. Happen.

The Wings will climb the mountain - - one shift at a time.

Fuching Danny O’Halloran or not

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/08/10 at 10:00 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Lebda as a 7th dman if Stuart plays.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/08/10 at 10:01 PM ET

Since71's avatar

Had a crazy thought today that TPH announced his retirement to the locker room before the last game and that we are about to witness complete destruction of the pretenders till they give him one more cup.

Unleash the Franzen.

Posted by Since71 from Bucharest, Romania on 05/08/10 at 10:04 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

i want this win more than the sharts do. if only i didn’t suck at hockey…

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/08/10 at 10:04 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

LGRW.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 05/08/10 at 10:05 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

from the last post…

[quote[Oh, and Paulinmiami: May I repost that picture to another board?

Posted by RedMenace from The Train on 05/08/10 at 07:28 PM ET

absolutely.  whatever I post here is public domain.  don’t even worry about crediting me.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/10 at 10:05 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

i want this win more than the sharts do. if only i didn’t suck at hockey…

in this sport, above all others, desire and determination mean as much, if not more, than skill.  just look at Phoenix.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/10 at 10:06 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

I am stuck in a hotel with no game…..... fuch me! if anyone has a good feed hook a brother up at fotd_666 at yahoo dot com.TY bitches

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 05/08/10 at 10:08 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

here’s my gameplan if I’m Babbles.

first five minutes…

Bertuzzi, Kronwall, and Abdelkader need to crush someone on their first two shifts.  the rest will fall into place.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/10 at 10:09 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

The Canadiens have been AWFUL in their own zone tonight.  Makes me wonder how they’ve gotten this far, or perhaps they’re just having a really, really off night.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/08/10 at 10:09 PM ET

EFWolverine's avatar

LOL’Halloran is one of the refs tonight?!

Fuch my life.

Posted by EFWolverine from Dearborn on 05/08/10 at 10:10 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Behind Enemy Lines, checka you email.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/10 at 10:11 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

LOL’Halloran is one of the refs tonight?!

Fuch my life.

you know what, though?  I’ve been thinking that it might be to our advantage.  I know it sounds crazy.  but the way the Sharts gooned it up in the third period on Thursday, I think the refs will be very judgmental against them.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/10 at 10:12 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/10 at 09:12 PM ET

I’m more worried about goals being disallowed for us or goalie interference being called repeatedly.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/08/10 at 10:13 PM ET

EFWolverine's avatar

Posted by stayouttamalibu from Temporarily in Tempe, AZ on 05/08/10 at 09:13 PM ET

Yup. LOL’Halloran was in Dallas in Game 4 two years ago, he was in Detroit for Game 1 against Pittsburgh two years ago.

Oh, and he was the one who gave Kronwall five and a game for erasing Havlat in Game 3 in Chicago last year…

Posted by EFWolverine from Dearborn on 05/08/10 at 10:18 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

anyone know the record for most 5-3’s in one series? sharts gotta be gettin close.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/08/10 at 10:18 PM ET