Abel to Yzerman

Oh Good…Boston

I really had no idea who the Wings were playing today. I assumed they were, but I've been distracted. I can't devote my energies to three teams at once and yesterday it was the Lions and then, the unspeakable obscenity.

So, when I woke up I checked and vomited.

Ok. This would be a nice win today. I hope the Wings play well.

But last night. JFC.  It all mixes together.  Scherzer pitched great then Osgood let one in from fifty then Smyly walked a guy and Talbot scored then Benoit came in and Legace was laying prone like a fat suicidal hooker and then Ortiz came up and Seabrook crossed the blue line.

So there's that.

It's a Live Blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Hootinani's avatar

And thats why I only watch one sport.  That, and baseball makes me sleepy.

Bring it on Bawston, if one team don’t get ya, the other one will.

Posted by Hootinani on 10/14/13 at 10:18 AM ET

gowings's avatar

Is there any stats out there on how we usually do when we play games in the afternoon? I don’t think we are very good at these games…..and by that I mean usually bad. I might be wrong…but if anyone has this info over say a period of 4-5 years would be great. I hope I am wrong

Go Wings!!!

Posted by gowings from MTL on 10/14/13 at 10:30 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m all in as far as the Detroit Red Wings go. IDGAF about base-a-ball. I will say, however, if we think Babbles makes poor decisions, take a look at Jim Leyland.

Thanks for the a.m LB, Chief. Bitches.

Let’s Roll!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 10:31 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

good lord that is exactly what I was feeling the last two Tiger games, it was waiting for the inevitable tying goal in Budd Lynch minute.

gowings it always seems the Wings have played poorly in the Saturday/Sunday Help our Ratings day games on NBC.  Maybe today’s afternoon start will upset the Bruin rituals.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/14/13 at 10:58 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, so the game is listed as being on FS-D and NHLN-CA, but when I go to GameCenter Live it says it’s blacked out “because it’s being broadcast on television in your area.” I am neither in Boston nor Detroit, and I am certainly not in Canada.

Wat?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/14/13 at 11:07 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/14/13 at 12:07 PM ET

... figured it out, never mind. Stupid Corporate network.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/14/13 at 11:15 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

I can’t devote my energies to three teams at once and yesterday it was the Lions

You really need to quit wasting energy.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/14/13 at 11:15 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Indeed Chief, I felt the same way.  Just great to see another Boston team today.  I haven’t been to an LB since game 1 since I haven’t watched a wings game live since then, everything has been on time delay.

I think this is the first wings game I have ever had to watch while sitting at work.  1pm on a Monday?  What’s up with that?  Needless to say, I have made sure I have plenty to get done at my desk this afternoon.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/14/13 at 11:33 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Matinee games for the Wings are like a “bad touch” from your drunken uncle Leo.

Posted by dougie on 10/14/13 at 11:54 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Coffee (whiskey), Work and Wings?

Ok.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/14/13 at 11:57 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Ozzie’s a little too stiff on the air right now, but I think he’s got potential to be a pretty good analyst once he becomes more comfortable.

No sooner do I type that, and he says the Wings have been really good in afternoon games the last few years.

Clearly his history needs some work

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 11:57 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Matinee games for the Wings are like a “bad touch” from your drunken uncle Leo.

Posted by dougie on 10/14/13 at 12:54 PM ET

Damn, wasn’t ready for that on a lazy Monday afternoon.

That should spark things up!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 11:58 AM ET

Zqto's avatar

Early game = early pain!

Lets hope its on the Bruins side of things

LGRW!

Posted by Zqto on 10/14/13 at 12:00 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Howard injured. Great.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 12:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ken and Mickey.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 12:04 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Monster better have a good run this season.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 12:05 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

ugh…stuck with NESN on the tubes? Anyone have FSD? PM pretty please on a Matinee Monday?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/14/13 at 12:06 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Ugh, Howard hurt?  That isn’t good.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/14/13 at 12:07 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Monster in net.

I hate weekday games.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 12:07 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Monster better play like one. And, I don’t mean Mothra.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 12:07 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’m on the company’s computer right now so I can’t risk clicking on any shady video feeds.  So if anybody knows of any legitimate video feeds… you know what to do.  Please and thanks.

Otherwise it’s Ken Kal, and uhhhh Paul uhhhh Woods for me.

BTW… matinee on a Monday?  Fuch you Gary.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 12:10 PM ET

Primis's avatar

But last night. JFC.  It all mixes together.  Scherzer pitched great then Osgood let one in from fifty then Smyly walked a guy and Talbot scored then Benoit came in and Legace was laying prone like a fat suicidal hooker and then Ortiz came up and Seabrook crossed the blue line.

You forgot Bird elbowing Isiah and McHale punching Lambeer as Parrish goes in for an easy layup.

You know: the last time anyone watched the Pistons.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 12:11 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Here’s the radio feed if’n you want it.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 12:11 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Afternoon, bitches, what are you drinking?  Irish and Spanish coffee is available for those at work trying to catch the game on the DL.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/14/13 at 12:12 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Afternoon, bitches, what are you drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/14/13 at 01:12 PM ET

Gustavsson is starting, so turpentine for me thanks.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 12:14 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

The icings still causing problems

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 12:14 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Jimmy Howard is not even on the bench right now.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 12:15 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Gustavsson is starting, so turpentine for me thanks.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 01:14 PM ET

I’m not nearly as pessimistic about Gus as you. I think if the Wings play a solid defensive game, and keep the shot total for the game to zero or one, Gus can pull out a big win here.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 12:16 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Sloppy.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/14/13 at 12:16 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

BTW… matinee on a Monday?  Fuch you Gary.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 01:10 PM ET

Yeah, good morning. Where’s my coffee? Fuch Gary, fuch Boston.  At least there’s no chance that Jim Leyland will over-manage this game.  As far as I know at any rate.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 12:16 PM ET

VooX's avatar

What happened to Jimmah? Pulled dong?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/14/13 at 12:16 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 01:16 PM ET

Kinda’ like how if the Tigers can take a no-hitters into 7 or 8 innings, they sometimes have an ok shot of maybe winning?

Too soon?

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 12:18 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Yeesh.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/14/13 at 12:18 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

It took almost four minutes, but the Wings finally got the puck in the Boston zone.

For two seconds, yes, but it’s a start

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 12:19 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 01:16 PM ET

Is someone smoking a cigarette behind Uncle Mike?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 12:19 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

What happened to Jimmah? Pulled dong?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/14/13 at 01:16 PM ET

Hand

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 12:20 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I’ll be in and out of the LB.

Because the other 95% of the country that isn’t lazy actually has school and work and everything normally because it’s MONDAY… so I have to get kids from school at 2 different times in a bit.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 12:20 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Is someone smoking a cigarette behind Uncle Mike?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 01:19 PM ET

My money would be on Bert or Tootoo

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 12:20 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

What happened to Jimmah? Pulled dong?

Hand

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 01:20 PM ET

And here I figured Jimmah could get someone to do that for him.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 12:21 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’ll be in and out of the LB.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 01:20 PM ET

I bet Gary has the day off.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 12:22 PM ET