Abel to Yzerman

Note To Willa: STFU And Stay Home

Willa is our adopted name for the waffling bitch that Mike Modano has become.  Seriously. This is just an absolute joke.  You’re 40, dude.  You’ve been let go by a crap team and you could have joined the league’s best franchise.  You said this on 7 July…

News

“The sooner the better,” Modano said of his decision. “I know they would love to get an answer so they can get their cap and their roster situated. I don’t want to delay this.”

...and this yesterday.

Freep

Modano told the Free Press he’ll make a decision, “when I start skating again—see how that feels.”

Modano said he plans to hit the ice Aug. 5 and that he won’t make a decision before that time.

Just stay out.  We’re tired of you, this story, this summer, this whole deal.  Just STFU and stay the F out of Hockeytown.  And if this even comes close to costing us Helmer or Home Keys?  We’re hunting your metro ass down.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

Animal Drew's avatar

See if Kariya will sign for $1M. If so, bye-bye Modano.

Ewwwww.

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 07/20/10 at 04:58 PM ET

Hank1974's avatar

Ewwwww.

LOL. It’s not that much different than Modano, though.
Both have wheels, experience, decent hands and are injury prone.
Kariya would look nice with any of our centers.

Posted by Hank1974 on 07/20/10 at 05:05 PM ET

D4LRob's avatar

See if Kariya will sign for $1M. If so, bye-bye Modano.

I feel dirtier than Gary’s casting couch just for reading that.

Posted by D4LRob on 07/20/10 at 05:10 PM ET

Crazy!

I know, Matt.  I’m freaked out about it too.

Posted by Garth on 07/20/10 at 05:11 PM ET

sapper78e's avatar

Sign Helm and Abby 1 mil/yr for 3 years, and Lilja (if he bites)  for 1 mil/2 years . That leaves us 750,000 cap space with 13 forwards, 8 D-men (2 that can play fwd), and 2 goalies.  We have a couple of guys in GR that may be ready for some ice time when and if we need them.  Faux Modano!

Posted by sapper78e on 07/20/10 at 07:52 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Why I don’t read HFboards:

The incredible overrating of Darren Helm (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=796417).

The guy has hands of stone… he can’t stickhandle or make passes. He’s got no offensive awareness at all. Defensively he looks lost at ES very often, and for every legendary penalty kill he has about seven where he looks atrocious.

What? I’m biased, but I wouldn’t be so blind to overlook that if it was true. And sure he can’t shoot for his life, but his passes are pretty darn good for a 2nd coming of Drapes.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 07/20/10 at 08:30 PM ET

I’d actually trade Meech and keep Ritola, giving us 14 forwards and 7 d-men, but other than that I agree.

Posted by Garth on 07/20/10 at 08:31 PM ET

cementslinger's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 07/20/10 at 06:30 PM ET

And he can kill penalties… all by himself.  Did we forget already?

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 07/20/10 at 09:20 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Why I don’t read HFboards:

There is more reasons than just that not to read HF.  A few years ago the Wings board was actually very good for discussion.  Today, I find it horrible.  Don’t get me wrong, there are still some amazing posters there, but many also choose to post infrequently at best today.

Kovalchuk contract rejected by NHL for cap circumvention, per mainpage

More to follow in a few minutes, bitches…

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 07/20/10 at 11:54 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2