Abel to Yzerman

Note To Quincey: Men Don’t Recall Emails

And you are a man again.  Yeah, you were less than that when they made you wear burgundy out in Denver. But you’re back in the midwest now, son.  We don’t dig pastels out here and we don’t take back anything.  Nothing. You don’t have to because you’re a Wing again. And when it’s Denver you’re talking about?  Hell, all you’re doing is telling us what we already knew.

Detroit News

“Everyone is ready to get shipped out any day,” Quincey told Yahoo. “There’s a lot of guys, their bags are packed beside the door, and they wouldn’t be unhappy to go — trust me. I know I had a big smile on my face (after being traded to the Wings), and all the guys were jealous. I think there’s a bunch of guys that were (disappointed) they weren’t in a package deal.”

...all the guys were jealous.

We know that too. We’ve been saying it for years and, once again, the 19 are right on the money.  You think we just make this shit up? You think we don’t have interns out there? Really? We have transplants all over the frigging place, idiots.  We know.

So when players say things like, “they wouldn’t be unhappy to go—trust me.”  Hell, we’re the choir Kyle, and you’re just preaching.  But you go on.  Preach to us because confirmation that Denver is nothing more than a front-running hockey dumb town that Don Henley ripped to shreds in “The Last Resort”...well, it’s old news.

And golly yes. We know.  We know Adrian’s all upset. George told us the other day. He brought us little Dater’s tweets and, frankly, they read a bit like an early Judy Blume book. I’ve never seen a beat writer get so emotional about a hockey game that didn’t include the team he’s paid to cover, especially when the game had no real ramifications for anyone that allegedly reads his drivel.

And the funny part, the part that really keeps on giving even months after Christmas, is that you and I both know what gets teeny Adrienne all worked up.  He gets all slurry and droopy eyed late at night, reads a little A2Y and goes bat-shit crazy.  It’s really the best kind of fun.

But back to you Kyle. Back to you. Men don’t recall emails and you don’t retract statements from the gut. You say what you feel and you stand by it.  Nobody believes retractions anyway.

Something you may have forgotten, Kyle, while you were gone?  Bob Seger speaks nothing but truth.  Let him lead you. Let him guide you back where you can enjoy a Southern Michigan Summertime.  Bullet Bob, chubby and a little plastered, gravel-voiced and 100 percent Pure Michigan, put it best so many years ago when he told us all to just “get out of Denver.”  Be happy you did, young man.  Nothing but shitty hockey and really bad feminist advice columnists in that town.

It’s a Live Blog bitches.  Welcome these candy-asses back to the home of Cups and loyalty, cheap beer and Journey when the time is exactly right.  Suck it Denver.  Suck it now and forever more.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Saw that coming from 725 miles away.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/25/12 at 11:21 PM ET

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/25/12 at 11:21 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

That’s it for me.  Nite all.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/25/12 at 11:22 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Jeebus…where’s my fork…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/25/12 at 11:22 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Jävlar helvetes jävla skit ochså  Jävlar helvetes jävla skit ochså

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 02/25/12 at 11:22 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

just…wow….who are these jokers in red and white?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/25/12 at 11:23 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Dont even have to pay attention anymore. Just listen to the crowd and know when the 3rd line is on the ice.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/25/12 at 11:23 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Tick-Tock cannot possibly be happy with this. We will see…....

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/25/12 at 11:23 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

3 line - - putting the rest of the Wings to shame.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/25/12 at 11:23 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I think my dad would have kicked me out of the house if I was 18 and knocked up my girlfriend….

My parents kicked me out because I turned 18.

Kids these days.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:23 PM ET

Wow.  Three Wings beneath the goalline on the Dives’ third goal.

Three.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/25/12 at 11:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Q is -3 tonight

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/25/12 at 11:24 PM ET

Jeebus…where’s my fork…..

I think I saw it on the floor this morning.  You’ll probably want to disinfect it with fire before you use it again.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:24 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

My parents kicked me out because I turned 18.

Kids these days.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/25/12 at 08:23 PM ET

Indeed.  Thankfully I was gone to the USAF when I was 17 so I didn’t give him the chance. smile

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/25/12 at 11:25 PM ET

27   D   QUINCEY, KYLE               -3

Posted by RWfan on 02/25/12 at 11:26 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

.who are these jokers in red and white?

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/25/12 at 08:23 PM ET

Denmarks Soccer Team

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 02/25/12 at 11:26 PM ET

Zak with the giveaway after a good breakout play.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/25/12 at 11:26 PM ET

monkey's avatar

And Mickey proves that third goal was all Quincey.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:26 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

What’s going on with the Red Wings right now, Mick.

They are not mentally prepared to play, that is what is going on.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/25/12 at 11:27 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I signed up for the Nav the day after I turned 18.  Ahh, kids.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:27 PM ET

SoDakWIngNut's avatar

Jeebus…where’s my fork…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O da Hasek, watching the days go bye on 02/25/12 at 08:22 PM ET

If I didn’t love my Wings I’d say it’s sticking outta the home team.

We got more than a period left. I ain’t giving up on them yet.

LGRW!

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 02/25/12 at 11:28 PM ET

Denmarks Soccer Team

Viasat feed makes sense now.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:28 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Night all.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/25/12 at 11:28 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I signed up for the Nav the day after I turned 18.

Wait, not so fast…whose Navy?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/25/12 at 11:29 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Bert attempting an energy shift. Didn’t quite pull it off.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/25/12 at 11:30 PM ET

Night all.

Good night gramps!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:30 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Wait, not so fast…whose Navy?

There’s more than one?  I thought it was us vs a bunch of fishing boats.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:31 PM ET

monkey's avatar

HAHAHA- Mickey just recommended the Wings run out the clock.  He is my hero.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:32 PM ET

Five straight scoreless periods for the Dives.  I do not blame anyone in the Joe for leaving during the second intermission in this travesty.

And I don’t know why I’m sticking this out.

Oh wow.  Another PP.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/25/12 at 11:32 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/25/12 at 08:31 PM ET

To know you is to….ahh, never mind.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/25/12 at 11:33 PM ET

Hudler on the point.

Fuch.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/25/12 at 11:33 PM ET

monkey's avatar

To know you is to….ahh, never mind.

Whoa there, you have to finish that thought.  I have an ego to stroke here.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:34 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

————.........Let’s Go Red Wings !!!.........————-

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 02/25/12 at 11:34 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Well, if yur gonna dig a hole…..

This is painful.  I have weapons to clean. Decisions, decisions…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/25/12 at 11:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Wings have one shot on two power plays.

They need to turn it down a few notches.  Wouldn’t want to pull something.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:36 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Seriously, TickTock won’t look at this and realize we need another piece of the puzzle to obtain the goal of #12 ??  C’mon Kenny. . .

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 02/25/12 at 11:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

This commercial free feed is cool.  Murph just mumbled something unintelligible into an open mic.

Well, I guess that’s not such a big deal.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:38 PM ET

Watching them put together the vids for the segment about the #3 line is fun.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/25/12 at 11:38 PM ET

Much more fun than the friggin game itself.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/25/12 at 11:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

So…..  how about, uh, them….  cripes.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/25/12 at 11:39 PM ET