Abel to Yzerman

No Such Thing As A Meaningless BJ

Our Uncle Mike has a vision.  To him it may be benign and ritual.  An annual rite almost, another matchup with another baby brother, one we’ve seen many times before.

Teddy Kulfan

“It looks to me we’re playing Nashville in the first round,” Babcock said. “Two really good teams. It’s going to be a battle.”

Yes it will, and with that battle should come a spirited discussion about which GM strengthened their team considerably on 28 February…and which GM did absolutely nothing.

And that little confab may turn out to be irrelevant.  For our sake, I’m hoping that discussion is short-lived and meaningless.  If, in mid-to-late April, we find ourselves talking about the trade deadline it’s going to be with a high degree of bile and angst. And we hate bile and angst. Do you follow me on this?  Our primary topic of discussion around 20 April needs to be about stifling Vancouver or exposing St. Louis.  If we’re talking about Tick Tock’s deadline standpattedness, that’s going to mean something horrible happened the days leading up to that.  With me?

But that’s a Hasek-held chit chat we can table until it’s absolutely necessary.  For now? Home ice is the beautiful baby we need to be cradling.  It’s a soft little bunny to be cherished, a Charlevoix Saturday morning with a pleasant hangover, one that doesn’t hurt, but just lingers until you make the decision that it’s time banish it the only way you know how, with another PBR.

As good as a BJ may sound right about now, this one needs to be trounced and stifled. For the sake of home ice, it really needs to be wasted and scoffed at.  Disregarded and slapped away for the sake of the greater good.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  Bubba’s on the horizon and, by god, we need to see that bastard a possible four times instead of three at the House that The Captains Have Built.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

I love throwing ape shit.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Lidstrom’s head telling him 1 more year on 03/28/12 at 08:33 PM ET

Apeshit throwing apeshit.  LOL.

Second period.  Let’s shoot it, boys.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:35 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I look forward to posting “Fuching Ericsson!!”, when he does something incredible, should I live that long.

snerk.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/28/12 at 09:36 PM ET

It went in and out off the top back bar inside the net faster than zebras could react.

And the ref almost had a dislocated shoulders waving his arms just in case.

Posted by Alex on 03/28/12 at 09:36 PM ET

I didn’t get to mention it since I got here halfway through the first, but is there anyone who actually likes listening to the trio of Emerick, Olzyck, and McGuire.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/28/12 at 09:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Fuching Ericsson.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Missed call my ass.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/28/12 at 09:37 PM ET

How do you like the bead on that pass in the neutral zone by Ericsson?

gREATEST tHING i eVER sAW oN tHE iCE.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:37 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Aww, is Boll hurt? That’s a shame.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/28/12 at 09:38 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m trying to think of something worse.  Haven’t come up with anything.  I’ll let you know.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Zebra suckage.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/28/12 at 09:38 PM ET

No problem seeing that high-stick though, huh?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/28/12 at 09:38 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Fuching Hudler

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/28/12 at 09:38 PM ET

That was a dive by Boll.  Way to sell it, Bonehead.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I like it better than….  uhhhh…..

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Two missed calls.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/28/12 at 09:39 PM ET

Guess we’ll ignore the hook too.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/28/12 at 09:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by Valek on 03/28/12 at 08:36 PM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/28/12 at 09:40 PM ET

That wasn’t a good defensive play by Prospal on Fil, Edzo.  That was a cheapshot, you idiot!

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:41 PM ET

“He feels like he was done wrong..”?  Really Doc?  Not, “yes, it was a blatant missed call”?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/28/12 at 09:41 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Attaboy Nike

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/28/12 at 09:42 PM ET

Did you see that move by Gus?  Badass…

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:42 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Brett Lebda is ranked tied for 206th amongst all Red Wings for career goals scored with 18.

Well I stand corrected, 206th overall? That’s quite something. Where on earth do you get these stats? And so quickly at that?

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 03/28/12 at 09:43 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by Valek on 03/28/12 at 08:36 PM ET

Chaz Bono

Posted by dougie on 03/28/12 at 09:43 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I once got my hand caught in the chain of my bike, the sprocket tongs went through my fingernails…  damn, no, those were the days, that was way better.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:43 PM ET

monkey's avatar

NHL.com->Stats->Career->Career for franchise->Detroit Red Wings

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:44 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

I quite like them, purely because they help me get on with some reviews I need to do. I just turn them down and turn the music up, up, up.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 03/28/12 at 09:45 PM ET

I’ve had my left caught in the auto close of a Cadillac Eldorado’s trunk.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:45 PM ET

Duh…

“my left HAND caught…”

Just so you reprobates don’t get any weird ideas.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:46 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

DET have nothing going on.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/28/12 at 09:46 PM ET

Two straight icings, then Miller doesn’t make sure to get it deep.  Those are the type of stupid mistakes the Wings have to stop making.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/28/12 at 09:46 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’ve had my left caught in the auto close of a Cadillac Eldorado’s trunk.

But was that better or worse than listening to these three?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:46 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by Valek on 03/28/12 at 08:36 PM ET

Fuchin’ Ericsson

Posted by dougie on 03/28/12 at 09:47 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Left nut.  There is no other option.  Left.  Nut.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:47 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Fuching Ericsson.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 03/28/12 at 09:48 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Fuching Ericsson.

Pull him.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Who the *#$%@& keeps putting skittles in their net mouth?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:49 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Left nut.  There is no other option.  Left.  Nut.

The answer to “Things I would give for a three day weekend with Karen Newman” for $500?

Posted by dougie on 03/28/12 at 09:49 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... i remember getting my left caught in my zipper in grade school.

the teacher had to assist ... it hurt more with her undoing it then when i did it.

even that was better then these 3

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/28/12 at 09:50 PM ET

Left nut.  There is no other option.  Left.  Nut.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 03/28/12 at 08:47 PM ET

That would actually be better.  A hooker with a rusty hemostat and a braided steel fishing line tying my scrote into two separate hemispheres would actually be waaay better.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/28/12 at 09:50 PM ET

monkey's avatar

She’s into keeping nuts as trophies?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/28/12 at 09:50 PM ET