Abel to Yzerman

No Vacationing Allowed While In Florida

Two more points on the table tonight, Datsyuk returns, Jimmy in net and Babcock has mentioned he plans to use four forwards on the PP.

Everything is good and let's keep it that way.

Five out of six points the last three games so no need to let it all slip away now.

Olympics are on the horizon, but Sochi can wait.

Win tonight in Sunrise and we will worry about Tampa tomorrow.

It's a busy night for me, trade watch is on until 3:00pm ET tomorrow.

With that...

It's a live blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >       Next »

Hootinani's avatar

It’s a pretty cool dive, actually underground Mich Ave dwntwn windy city.  You can certainly tell where they got their inspiration from.

Just went to CHI last year, hopefully going back soon though.  We’ll have to add it to the itinerary.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:16 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Not to horn in here, but, I’ve been to the Billy Goat Tavern.  No Coke. Pepsi. Cheeburgi, cheep. Some good burgers served there.

Kate, if you didn’t horn in, I’d be disappointed.  cool smile

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 02/06/14 at 09:17 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Several thoughts after two:

1. If not for the wings fans, the beer vendors could have taken the night off.

2. Still looking for video evidence on the Zetterberg ” interference” penalty call.

3. I gotta get some of whatever Tim Thomas is taking ( if not for the lack of a cage I’d swear Hasek was back).

4. With Pav, Alfie, Z, Helm, and the Grand Rapids Boys all on the ice together….this ain’t such a bad team.

Posted by Down River Dan on 02/06/14 at 09:18 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

davison produced one freaky goaltender. absolutely stole one from datsyuk. jimmy made back to back huge saves just before nyquist scoring the 2d goal.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/06/14 at 09:18 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Tim Tom always plays DET tuff

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 02/06/14 at 09:20 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’d sure silence-her while pointing … never mind, I’m sure there’s a joke there somewhere.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/06/14 at 09:22 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Is that a gun in your pants or are you just glad to see me?

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/06/14 at 09:24 PM ET

calquake's avatar

My guess is the joke is on the far side of that weapon.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:24 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Kate, if you didn’t horn in, I’d be disappointed.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 02/06/14 at 09:17 PM ET

Thanks. My Sister lives in the Chicago burbs. Naperville. We always go into the “City of the big shoulders” when I visit. I am always impressed with how clean the metro area seems to be. Went to a pub name of the Irish Oak down by Wrigley last visit. Also the other Billy Goat in the same area. Good times! wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/14 at 09:25 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Oy, not a good start to the period.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/06/14 at 09:25 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Period three. Keep moving forward, guys!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/06/14 at 09:25 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Need to get these guys an alarm clock in the locker room

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:25 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/14 at 09:25 PM ET

We spent most of our nights at a dive bar called Kingston Mines.  Open till 3am and all night live blues music, great food and beer.  It was my idea of heaven.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:28 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Nike robbed again

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/06/14 at 09:29 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Keep trying Nike.  That was close

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 02/06/14 at 09:29 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

What was Smith aiming at?

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:30 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

XX at center ice. Are the panthers sponsored by Dos Equis?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/06/14 at 09:31 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What was Smith aiming at?

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:30 PM ET

The broad side of a barn?

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:31 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

What was Smith aiming at?

I was wondering the same thing. Was too hard to be a dump to the corner.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/06/14 at 09:31 PM ET

Alan's avatar

That word “interference,” refs. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/06/14 at 09:32 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

How many games against Detroit has Bjugstad been able to walk out of the corner with unimpeded to the net?  Seems like a coaching issue there.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:32 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

What was Smith aiming at?

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:30 PM ET

Sammy?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/06/14 at 09:32 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

The broad side of a barn?

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:31 PM ET

well, he missed

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:33 PM ET

Trish's avatar

XX at center ice. Are the panthers sponsored by Dos Equis?

“20 years of Panthers hockey”.  I couldn’t believe it

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 02/06/14 at 09:33 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

“20 years of Panthers hockey”.  I couldn’t believe it

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 02/06/14 at 09:33 PM ET

Damn, I’m getting old.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/06/14 at 09:35 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

At least they don’t throw those stoopid rubber rats on the ice anymore.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/06/14 at 09:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Damn, I’m getting old.

Whatayamean “getting”? cheese

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m so old I’m going on my 4th Tonight Show host.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:38 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Saying I am old doesn’t sit too well with the wife

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/06/14 at 09:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:28 PM ET

In my experience, some of the best bars are dive bars.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/14 at 09:39 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I’m so old I’m going on my 4th Tonight Show host.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:38 PM ET

The wife and I got to see you taping of the Tonight Show this week on Tuesday night. It was really cool.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/06/14 at 09:40 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Evening 19. Fuchin’ Rain (for once)...how’s Pav looking

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/06/14 at 09:40 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Heaven forbid ya shoot it, Z

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:41 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Yeah Jovacop was the Panthers first draft pick I believe and is a Windsor, Canada boy. He had some really good years but surprised he’s still playing in the NHL.
Still got an old Louisville stick with Jovacop name on it.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 02/06/14 at 09:41 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m so old I’m going on my 4th Tonight Show host.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:38 PM ET

I hear ya Quaker. 60 decades. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/14 at 09:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m so old I’m going on my 4th Tonight Show host.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:38 PM ET

I hear ya Quaker. 60 decades. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/14 at 09:42 PM ET

Pretty soon we’ll be saying, “Back in my day Missy” and other such nonsense.

Posted by calquake on 02/06/14 at 09:44 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Stupid question, anyone know what happened to Ben Bishop in the TB vs TOR game?  Doesnt look like he came out for the 3rd.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/06/14 at 09:45 PM ET

Trish's avatar

In my experience, some of the best bars are dive bars.

Agree.  And Chi-town has some great ones.  Hate their sports teams (cept the Cubbies) but used to visit every summer with a gang of the grrrrls when I lived in MI.  Really good times.  Lucky not so many camera phones in those days.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 02/06/14 at 09:45 PM ET

Alan's avatar

For some reason, I’m getting this feeling t hat we’re gonna give up a late one.

I don’t like this feeling. Prove me wrong, guys.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 02/06/14 at 09:47 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

For some reason, I’m getting this feeling t hat we’re gonna give up a late one.

Whore. Mouth. Shut.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/06/14 at 09:48 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >       Next »