Abel to Yzerman

No Matter How Soft And Innocent Those Blue Eyes May Be? Don’t Trust Them or Her

Bullet Bob Seger was a young man in the early 70's. He, because he felt change would do him good, headed west.  It was there that his world crumbled when he put a lot of stock into some surface emotions.  Yes, I know.  Young, dumb and full of...enthusiasm.  She swindled him though.  She led him on and then crushed his soul.

But don't blame her. Oh no.

She may have been a conniving skank, but BB fell for it. The power of the P, I tell you.

So one morning Seger woke up alone and realized life would be better with a harder edge.

Which leads us to Game 2.  A harder edged Wing team, led by a psychopath, or at least complemented by one.  They posed little threat in Game 1, from what Gary would let me see.  One power play goal and minimal chances even strength.  And that's why we absolutely hate the playoffs.  Four straight games of dynamic offense.  Four straight games that brought hope into our lives, then one little episode to remind us that hope isn't a plan it's just a wish.

So the plan...the plan has to be harder. Edgier. Tougher. Meaner.  And as a result, more chances. More shooting. More stress for the Swiss kid.  How would you handle the pressure if a toothless serial killer was all up in your grill, his ass wagging, stick tormenting, heaving and rumbling.

Todd Bertuzzi will not win this game for us, but he poses a threat. And we need threats.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

bezukov's avatar

LGRW!!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/02/13 at 07:02 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Voodoo punani can do that.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/02/13 at 07:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Maybe he did, Kindl’s shot bounced unknowingly off him.  good playoff goal.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/02/13 at 07:43 PM ET

But he was there, in the right place at the right time.  His line generated the goal, I guess I should have said.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/02/13 at 07:58 PM ET

He was in the tough traffic area.  Some of our guys won’t do that.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/02/13 at 07:09 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/02/13 at 07:10 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

My wish, is for a good game, whatever works, as long as Wings have 1 more goal than Anaheim at the end of the game. smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/02/13 at 07:16 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Evenin’ Bitches, Master Chief.

Unleash the kraken. Whore-style.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/02/13 at 07:29 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Todd Bertuzzi will not win this game for us,

Well, if we had a shootout. Oh, wait, never mind.

Posted by dougie on 05/02/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Evenin’ all. Crown and water, large, is helping me type.

Won’t make the LB, have to be up extra early tomorrow to head to GR for the daughter’s graduation from Aquinas.

Why leave early Friday for a Saturday graduation? For the Griffins playoff game tomorrow, of course. Took her to a Wings game in 2007, and she’s been in love with the team ever since.

“Dad, what do you think about a bunch of us going to the Griffins game Saturday?”

Yup…that’s my little girl.

Chief, not sure if you remember when I emailed you a picture of my daughter and her two friends at their high school graduation, when they donned the Mighty Winged Wheel on their caps, and we posted it on the LB for a few games. I do believe they had a slight part i helping win the Cup that year.

Go Wings

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/02/13 at 07:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/02/13 at 07:46 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Man.. if a look could kill.
I wanna take Bert hunting.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/02/13 at 07:49 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Excuse my misspellings, and the Griffins game is Friday, not Saturday smile

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/02/13 at 07:50 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/02/13 at 08:50 PM ET

Love it.  With my Dad and me, it was the Tigers.  I found the Red Wings on my own.

Enjoy all the festivities!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/02/13 at 08:12 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

good evening/moring whatever it is, bitches.

the rangers just recieved two shorties in ~ 45 seconds, ouch.

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 05/02/13 at 08:18 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

ANyone have a GIF of him saying you’re dead? Cause that’s totally epic. If not.. Youtube Bertuzzi saying you’re dead. It’s epic.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/02/13 at 08:24 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Does anyone have that last supper pic?  Best pic ever.

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 08:26 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

That pic of Bert.  I imagine him saying, “Does it hurt more when I twist it?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 05/02/13 at 08:29 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

When I see that picture.. I think of Bert saying: Are you sure you saw what you saw?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/02/13 at 08:31 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/02/13 at 09:24 PM ET

This one?

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/02/13 at 08:32 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Yup…that’s my little girl.

You can save money on dinner tomorrow night. Two $ hot dogs and two $ beers at the Griffins game.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 05/02/13 at 08:32 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Burt out skating blowing bubbles.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 05/02/13 at 08:33 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Burt out skating blowing bubbles.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 05/02/13 at 09:33 PM ET

Who’s bubbles?

Evening bitches.  Let’s make this shit happen.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/02/13 at 08:36 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Was that a great shot by Selanne or a poor save attempt from Howard?

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 08:38 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Blood bubbles.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/02/13 at 08:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

This one?

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/02/13 at 09:32 PM ET

Have I ever told you I love Hula-Hoops links?

Posted by calquake on 05/02/13 at 08:40 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Have I ever told you I love Hula-Hoops links?

Posted by calquake on 05/02/13 at 09:40 PM ET

No, I don’t believe you have.  Is that some sort of slang that just went about 30 feet over my head?

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/02/13 at 08:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Have I ever told you I love Hula-Hoops links?

Posted by calquake on 05/02/13 at 09:40 PM ET

The thumbnails (or whatever they are called) below had a pic of a young woman with a Hula-Hoop.  I clicked… I watched… I enjoyed.

Posted by calquake on 05/02/13 at 08:45 PM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

Let’s do this Wings and take a tied-up series to the Joe!!!

Posted by SandysWingingit on 05/02/13 at 08:45 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by calquake on 05/02/13 at 09:45 PM ET

Ah, ok.  I didn’t see any hula hoop girls…but then girls aren’t my thing.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/02/13 at 08:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Ah, ok.  I didn’t see any hula hoop girls…but then girls aren’t my thing.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/02/13 at 09:48 PM ET

They were actually very good at it.  There was nothing salacious aboot it.

Posted by calquake on 05/02/13 at 08:50 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

rumbear posting pics on FB from rinkside ...

... gotta be a good sign, right?

right?

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/02/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/02/13 at 08:46 PM ET

You, quite obviously, have raised her right.  Congratulations.

and

LGRW - - fer fuchs sake

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/02/13 at 08:52 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Buckets just gave a kid a puck right in front of Rumbear and me. It’s the kid’s first game. Mom was there with him; she’s from MI. Dads a lifer in the marines and is on deployment. War to go, Buckets.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/02/13 at 08:52 PM ET

I found one better.

Watching the game in the casino, 19.  Catch y’all on the flipside.

LGRW.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/02/13 at 08:54 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/02/13 at 09:52 PM ET

Loverly!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/02/13 at 08:54 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Way to go. Posting from a phone.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/02/13 at 08:54 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

He did the same thing at the Phoenix game I was at.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/02/13 at 08:55 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Forlorn - Yes. That one. smile

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/02/13 at 08:55 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I miss Murph…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/02/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Rags/Caps, still have plenty of time in their game to play, so I’m praying there are no whistles and no goals or else I’m missing at least another first period of Red Wings playoff hockey.

Unless I shell out money for the NHL Network, a channel I’ll use 5 times a year. That’s one thing - it’s another thing to give these assholes any money when there was a lockout only about 4 months ago.

Give me my god damn hockey back, you incompetent twats…

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 05/02/13 at 08:56 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Is it just me or is it pretty difficult to place a bet down not knowing this injury sitch?

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 08:57 PM ET