Abel to Yzerman

Make It Two

19 fans are expecting a TRAP, and at the same time, hoping for the Wings team that played in Minnesota to show up tonight and make it two W's in a row.

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Gibby, Petry, Morris, Monroe….. Nice pre game gathering. I’ll be watching the Tigers this season.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/15/19 at 08:13 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red WIngs!!!!!  (Go Tigers!)

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 01/15/19 at 08:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Gibby, Petry, Morris, Monroe….. Nice pre game gathering.

No pre-game with NHL Center Ice but I did get a foot of snow Sunday into Monday. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 08:18 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

wink my favorite. Mickey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/15/19 at 08:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hronek oot… nuts.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 08:33 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Gibby, Petry, Morris, Monroe….. Nice pre game gathering.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 07:18 PM ET

To be fair, snow is better than fire, and, Jack Morris was missing. They are going to be the new crew along with Shep for Tigers games this season..

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/15/19 at 08:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/15/19 at 08:40 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

I hate the Fighty Mucks.

Howdy!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 08:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

snow is better than fire,

I like the snow. Lived in Marquette for 5 years so a foot ain’t bad. And snow is definitely better than fire.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 08:42 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

I’ve been shoveling nearly every day since December 27th.  I still like snow, but I don’t really need it around anymore.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 08:44 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I don’t blame you. We have been fortunate in Detroit, so far.  confused

Posted by bigfrog on 01/15/19 at 08:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Is that much snow normal for you?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 08:46 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

No.  This is the most snow we’ve gotten since… ‘86?  In fact, last year I didn’t shovel once.  Then Nature made a New Year’s Resolution to make up for all the snow she hasn’t been sending.  Three storms since the 27th. The New Year’s storm dumped 23-31” in 24 hours….which sat on top of the 8-12” we got just a few days before.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 08:53 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That reminds me of living in Marquette. Winters can be tough.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 09:00 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Kessler is a punk bitch….

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/15/19 at 09:03 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

I think the Mucks are the only team to be thrilled with Captain Hank’s retirement.  He used to make Getzlaf and Perry look bad shift after shift.

Actually, Getzlaf vs. Hank was a great rivalry.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 09:03 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Kessler is a punk bitch…

Always has been. angry

Posted by bigfrog on 01/15/19 at 09:29 PM ET

Cap'n Bill's avatar

Just tuning in now, listening to baseball announcers.  Anything happening in the game?  Looks like they’re pretty evenly matched, sadly.

Posted by Cap'n Bill from The Treachery of Hockey on 01/15/19 at 09:30 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Nice save.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 09:47 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Ugh

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 09:58 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 09:58 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

0-1 Crap. angry

Posted by bigfrog on 01/15/19 at 09:58 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

nutz

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/15/19 at 09:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

shut eye Jinny

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/15/19 at 09:59 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

We’re 35 minutes into the game and we’re still on Page 1 of the Live Blog.  I think that’s a pretty good representation of what is happening on the ice.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 10:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

OK, I’ll say it. They’re playing boring hockey. Not a lot of energy.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 10:06 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Ok I’ll say it, we’re not having any fun tonight. Bummer….. cool mad

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/15/19 at 10:19 PM ET

calquake's avatar

OK, I’ll say it. They’re playing boring hockey. Not a lot of energy.

Ok I’ll say it, we’re not having any fun tonight. Bummer…..

Hmmm… maybe they’re related.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 10:23 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy 19. Jus gettin here hopefully livening up the joint. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/15/19 at 10:34 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Something happened!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 10:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

MANTHA!!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/15/19 at 10:38 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-1 Mantha. wink

Posted by bigfrog on 01/15/19 at 10:38 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Mantha from a gratuitous bounce pass from AA. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 01/15/19 at 10:40 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mantha! Get the 19 goin!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/15/19 at 10:43 PM ET

Cap'n Bill's avatar

My coach always told me a bounce pass was a scoring pass… oh, wait - ‘nother sport.

Posted by Cap'n Bill from The Treachery of Hockey on 01/15/19 at 10:45 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Ehn - Abby - de la Rose has been our best line tonight.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 10:54 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

SCORE!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/15/19 at 10:56 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

2-1 Nyquist. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 01/15/19 at 10:56 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>>>BOOM<<

2-1

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/15/19 at 10:56 PM ET

Cap'n Bill's avatar

A little clench there on the follow-on shift.  Can’t let up!

Posted by Cap'n Bill from The Treachery of Hockey on 01/15/19 at 10:58 PM ET