Abel to Yzerman

“lkjfdshlhhhdzyez,” said Krupa

Gregg Krupa might be a nice guy and we all know that when it comes to redolence, he’s tops.  But he’s a little too smart for us. We’re hockey fans, Gregg. Wing fans to be precise.  We say “redolent” all the time here and not a damn one of us knows what it means.  You gave us that gift, Gregg. But now you’re pushing it. I’m not real fond of the second “g”, either. Just FYI.

I have no idea if Krupa feels like our tradition of tossing winsome, willowy, dead Octopi onto the JLA ice is good or bad.  No clue. Because I don’t understand a frigging word he writes.  Dammit man.  We read sports pages because we don’t understand Hamlet.

Detroit News

Eliminating the 59-year tradition of good-luck octopus tosses would cost the NHL money, and that is about what commissioner Gary Bettman and a ton of other guys with iPhones obsess in the league offices every day.

“That is about what…”  What?

So, fear not.

Et tu,  Krup-eh?

Lest we forget, that is why we do it.

“Lest”?  Seriously.  Who the hell says “lest” in conversation.  “I should urinate after this 7th beer without relief; lest I soil myself.”

But my concern here is not that “they” will abjure our tradition.

“Abjure”....isn’t that a mustard?

Remember, this is a game in which delays are both strategized and, often, the product of manifest conspiracy.

Aha, now we’re talking bitch.  Now we’re talking. Finally, a word we understand. Good, good. Go with that.

Delays in play are desired by one side and abhorred by the other.

Shut your abhor mouth, Krupa.

Wait though.  Oh, it gets better.

The priests of Santeria, the combination of Roman Catholic, African and Native American traditions practiced by millions, say multiple evil spells cast at the same target may needlessly confuse things. Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese application of astronomy and geography to aesthetics with the intent of encouraging peace and well-being, suggests that if something intended to attract good fortune gets confused or causes bad feelings it might result in, well, less peace and well-being.

Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah. Charlie Brown teacher talk.  Holy. Hell.  This guy’s writing a hockey story for hockey fans and talking about…Feng Shui?  What. The. Fuch?  You can take that Hong Kong Phooey shit straight to Denver Greg.  Because, brother?  We’re not feeling it.

Thankfully,  there was one line in there that most of us can relate to.

“...it may be a bad idea to toss too often.”

Exactly.  Blindness and all that.  RWBill?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

Wings-South 1, pen(i)s 0 at 3:03 of the 1st

decent game so far

go Bolts, go (!)

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 02:46 PM ET

now 2-0 at 2:17

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 02:47 PM ET

4 games tomorrow
Noon
3:00 PM
7:00 PM
10:30 PM

3 of the games could be series enders.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/23/11 at 01:08 AM ET

guess what I’m doing today   grin

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 02:49 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

So it’s ok for Orprick high stick Vinnie after he gets the roughing penalty.  Got it.  Engellend should be looked at for the headhunting hit behind the net also.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/23/11 at 03:03 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/23/11 at 08:28 AM ET

That is incredible.

Stonehands, I have no idea what you are doing today.  Can you give me a hint?

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/23/11 at 03:04 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Lightning ahead 2-0, Roloson seems to be on.

guess what I’m doing today

Posted by stonehands-78

Beautiful sunny days are over-rated.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/23/11 at 03:05 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

You get any snow in central WI Stoney?  I talked with my parents just north of you in the Yoop and they said they got aboot 5 inches of heavy wet stuff.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/23/11 at 03:07 PM ET

I’m only quoting this in case you say something “foreshadowy” I disagree with when the Wings play…

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 04/23/11 at 01:14 AM ET

Shut it, man.  LOL

The DuhUcks were playoff OT veterans and the Preds were winless in five playoff OTs so when I saw the TOI for Weber before his tying goal (which was about 25+ minutes already) and he was laboriously breathing, I didn’t believe in the Preds one bit.

I was happy to be wrong and it’s frickin’ hilarious that Tootoo had two assists that night - one on the game’s first goal and the game’s last goal.  When Tootoo’s NOT being a total dickwad, he’s better than most other one-dimensional grinders playing.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/23/11 at 03:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Stonehands, I have no idea what you are doing today.  Can you give me a hint?

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/23/11 at 01:04 PM ET

RWBill asked me to keep an eye open for any new “Shake Weight For Men” ads.

Just wish there weren’t so much hockey coverage between breaks.

3-zip, Bolts

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 03:15 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Beautiful sunny days are over-rated.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/23/11 at 01:05 PM ET

ah, nutz
raining here today so I guess I can’t get the yard raked today like I had “planned”  smile

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from gretzky_to_lemieux’s sandy vag on 04/23/11 at 01:07 PM ET

nope, no snow (this time)
too warm, just rain here.

4-zip

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 03:19 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Posted by SYF

Erat’s absence was obvious, anyone know when he is scheduled to return..?
He is a clutch pleyer, and a Wing killer if the Wings wind up playing the Preds.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/23/11 at 03:20 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 01:15 PM ET

Yummy

4-0 now.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/23/11 at 03:21 PM ET

Uh oh…

Clocking out, 19.  Catch y’all on the flipside.

Posted by SYF from I-75 and Dix Hwy on 04/23/11 at 12:33 AM ET

cashed-in 5 minutes too early last night and missed the come back, eh, SYF?

LOL

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 03:22 PM ET

... and now 5, count ‘em
to a BIG FAT GOOSE EGG.

bwahahahahahahahahaha

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 03:24 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

I love how quiet the crowd is right now.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/23/11 at 03:26 PM ET

Yes, I did, stoney.  LOL

FS Prime showed the whole replay and I was stunned to see it.  The snap shot (really?  A snap shot?) from Weber at the blue was as pinpoint as any TPH shot I’ve ever seen.  That shot made the DuhUcks fans STFU.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/23/11 at 03:27 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Looks like the Penguins are still fighting.  Someone really needs to tell them that this IS going to happen, and that they may just want to put their face into the pillow until it’s all over.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 04/23/11 at 03:29 PM ET

Gramps, Erat is questionable for Sunday.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/23/11 at 03:31 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Posted by SYF

The TSN feed last night mentioned in the 2nd period that Weber’s snap shot is better than 95% of all slapshots, even from the point.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/23/11 at 03:33 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Just wish there weren’t so much hockey coverage between breaks.

True story: when I first read this I thought it said “so much hockey coverage between breasts.”

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/11 at 03:33 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

The score is the only thing making me able to tolerate Squiggy and Erhead.  Fuch they are awful.  Couldn’t VS have used the Bolt’s crew?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/23/11 at 03:35 PM ET

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/23/11 at 01:33 PM ET

watching the ad / vid cause “subliminal sugestions”?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 03:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

watching the ad / vid cause “subliminal sugestions”?

Subliminal my ass.  They just about punch you in the face with the damn things.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/11 at 03:45 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

If the Pens are shut down again on the 5th PP, look for a couple of 5-3’s before the game ends.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/23/11 at 03:47 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Subliminal my ass.  They just about punch you in the face with the damn things.

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/23/11 at 01:45 PM ET

um, right ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 03:52 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 01:52 PM ET

Um.  I think that’s taking a “staff of life” comparison a bit too far.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/23/11 at 03:57 PM ET

sex - zero

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 04:14 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Yeah Yzer-Bolts

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/23/11 at 04:16 PM ET

seven ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 04:18 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

And the extra-point isssssss Good.  7-0

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/23/11 at 04:18 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Heh, 7-0.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/23/11 at 04:18 PM ET

... to one.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 04:20 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Surprised the Pen(i)s haven’t gone all goon yet.

I guess they don’t want their owner to take his puck and go home.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/23/11 at 04:24 PM ET

... and two

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 04:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I guess they don’t want their owner to take his puck and go home.

alol (tm TTD)

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/23/11 at 04:27 PM ET

ate too-too

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 04:39 PM ET

and that’s a wrap.

8-2

next:

NYR at Wash

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 04:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

pretty intense start to this game

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 05:25 PM ET

one score
one scrum

caps1, rangers 0

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/11 at 05:31 PM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

Somehow, the geico googely eye money behind Pierre McGuire seems appropriate.

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 04/23/11 at 05:37 PM ET