Abel to Yzerman

Live Blogging The Lockout? Hell Yes. Right Here.

We started Live Blogging  Wing games here at A2Y in 2007.  I'm no pharmacist, but by my count that's like 340 regular season games and an additional 60 or so playoff games.  The interns, on loan from Grand Valley, found out another little ditty: we're the first blog to ever Live Blog a sporting event of any kind.

That's not true, actually.

But from this point forward, as fictional creators of the Live Blog concept, we're going to LB the lockout.  Every time negotiations are held, we'll Live Blog it.  Each and every press conference will be Live Blogged, discussed, dissected here at your source for 24/7 Lockout Info.  I plan to be the ultimate, objective, accurate provider of new Lockout fodder.  As it happens, every time it happens.

In fact, I'm going to put a personal twist on things. Through the art of the written word, I'll show you how hockey has affected me personally and how this lockout is damaging me, and all fans, emotionally.  Ready? Check this out.

I remember as a kid once there was a huge unexpected bill that hit our household. The bill had us completely stressed out. My parents were fighting about which sacrifices we'd have to make at dinner. People were crying, because we knew the next several months were going to be hard.

But then, an awesome thing happened... We all piled in the car and headed to the Spectrum to watch the Flyers play, and for a few hours we laughed with each other and we cheered on our team. Our problems were still there, but we were able to pause them...and I remember my mom and dad saying "Thank God we had a game to go to tonight."

Oh my god. Hockey saved my family. It did. That really happened. I literally remember both my parents saying that at the exact same time. It was a Broad Street miracle.

Well, not to me. I stole that from Dwayne Keith Klessel ("Eklund").  Naturally, he's lying too. So that's cool.

Ok. Honesty time: I'm not writing a single frigging worthwhile word about the players, owners, execs, petitioning fans or the Canadien(an) media sobbing because "their" farce of a game has been kidnapped. Again.

But I'm ok with that because my life has other avenues for stress. Oh yes. I can find other peckerheads to make me fret.  For instance, as I write this Doug Fister just left with men on second and third and nobody out in the fifth in Chicago, where the Tigers kinda need this to stay within a game of the mediocre White Sox.  Tiger Stress.  And that's not even mentioning the trough of vomit I laid down in after William Howard Valverde's performance yesterday.

Wooohooo...Alburquerque just walked 'em full.  Fun for the whole fuching family.

So Live Blog that? Yep. We'll LB every frigging sporting event possible. Enjoy the Lions game last night?  Think how much more fun it would have been to share that special swill with 19 of us?  Thanks to Captain D. Polonich's suggestion, we'll Live Blog those bitches too, bitches.

Screw hockey.  We have other outlets.  Bring it.

2-run error by Infante.  FMMFL.  Live Blog it.  Jesus.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

cigar_nurse's avatar

Well the Tiger’s magic number is now 3 with 4 games to go. Watching Miggy attempting to get the triple crown is more exciting than the pennant race.

Best of luck to 42 Jeff and MO on your bowhunting.Wish I could join you, but am now recovering from a torn rotator cuff, bicep,and labrum in my dominant shoulder.

Those damn Spartans are the LIons’s clones with all their stupid mental mistakes with untimely penalties and dropped passes at inopportune times.

Such is fall for us Michigan team sports without our favorite sport of Red Wing hockey. Thanks Gary. Ass.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 09/29/12 at 08:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

hey nurse!  good luck with recovery, doesn’t sound easy but hope you regain all your strength and mobility of the joints.

spartans can’t be too bad, northern illinois only put up 55 on central michigan.  michigan is probably even worse.  the buckeyes aren’t good but might be the best team in the B1G.

i can’t normally watch the lions unless i find a stream from bulgaria, but i watch the tigers on most days, their stars will likely pull them through to the division crown.

gotta check the lions time, it’s probably a 1 pm game and the tigers are 2:10.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 09/30/12 at 08:59 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

when did this blog start new pages at 40 comments instead of 50?  just preseason / off-season conditioning, maybe.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 09/30/12 at 09:00 AM ET

christpuncher's avatar

I’m going to LB myself taking a nap at the cottage here in the “thumb”... I love the fall!

Posted by christpuncher from Detroit, MI on 09/30/12 at 11:02 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Thanks RW. Just got out of the sling/immobilizer last Wednesday and have been doing all the therapy I am allowed .  Going back to work next week after a few days in Charleston.
Will negotiate with the surgeon to start playing hockey again in December. I think I miss playing the game more than watching the pros now. Is that a sacrilege?

Tigers win and Lions lose. Shitcago loses and the magic number is 1 with Miggy 0-3 at the plate.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 09/30/12 at 04:20 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The fall is awesome.  I especally like it here in Virginia after the high heat and humidity breaks and we get that first morning in the 50s.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 09/30/12 at 04:22 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I hear you RW. The worst thing about the South is the terribly long summers. Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I sincerely miss the salmon fishing and hunting on cool crisp mornings in the Mitten. Also the way the fall colors pop unlike the drab greys and browns down here.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 09/30/12 at 06:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Falls in North Dakota are normally nice.  This year however has been so stinking warm and dry, the trees are just turning brown and dropping their leaves instead of changing like usual.  Looks like Mother Nature is about to remedy that though with a major weather change this week.  Chance of snow on Wednesday.  Woo

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/01/12 at 07:05 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Lmao.  Snow on october 3.  That is awesome.  Hopefully snows all winter will add to the water table.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/01/12 at 10:30 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Sure is a welcome change around here to be WANTING it to rain.  After last year’s floods we’d about had our fill.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/01/12 at 11:15 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

WANTING it to rain

My late season food plots are begging for it.
But man you wanna talk dry, where I bowhunted antelope in WY… the rancher was talking about a dry cycle over the last “15-20 YEARS”.  big surprise

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/01/12 at 01:38 PM ET

Hoser's avatar

Is the (little) head dead yet?

Posted by Hoser from Downer Peninsula, Michigan on 10/03/12 at 10:51 AM ET

Swimming pools are still open here in Vegas.  Just saying….

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 10/03/12 at 02:17 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So this morning the forecast said 1-2 inches possible.  This afternoon it said 2-4 inches possible.

It’s still raining…and the forecast now says “up to a half inch possible”.

Yeah okay.

And GOoooo Miggy!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/03/12 at 10:54 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Oh HAY-ILL YES! Bitches!

Go Tigers!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/07/12 at 02:43 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Drew Miller signs with the Braehead Clan of the Elite Ice Hockey League.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/08/12 at 06:03 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

In more important news:

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/08/12 at 01:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Detroit Red Wings on Monday reassigned Tomas Tatar from SHK 37 Piestany in the Slovakian ExtraLiga to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/08/12 at 02:20 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Gettin Miggy Wit It

Go Tigers!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/09/12 at 11:25 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Alex Karras near death

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/09/12 at 11:29 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Alex Karras near death

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 10/09/12 at 12:29 PM ET

Mongo only pawn… in game of life.

Bad news day. First Budd Lynch, now Alex Karras.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! In’13?

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/09/12 at 12:14 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Happy Birthday Z!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! In’13?

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/09/12 at 12:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Budd Lynch - what a lot of great memories he gave us.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/09/12 at 02:11 PM ET

In more important news:

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/08/12 at 02:44 PM ET

Maaan, they gotta that Holy Libation to Vegas sometime.  Kinda frustrating the stuff’s not here, yet.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 10/10/12 at 01:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Thank you Budd Lynch for years of service to the Detroit Red Wings and for leaving your arm on Normandy.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/10/12 at 05:27 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2