Abel to Yzerman

Live Blog, Islanders vs. Wings, Puck Drops at 1600 Hours

Paying honor to Bill Houlihan's retirement, this live blog post will remain blank.

Except for...

It's a live blog bitches!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Sammy and MacDonald still jawing at each other on the bench.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 04:40 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Ah Sammy… everyone hates your stupid face. I’ll admit I missed that quality of his when we let him go.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/29/13 at 04:40 PM ET

Abber carrying the puck into the zone.  And he’s making good decisions with it.  And then he leads the forecheck.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 04:42 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Have no fear.
I am here.
Festivus is near.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 11/29/13 at 04:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/29/13 at 04:23 PM ET

Hey Bill, I replied to your PM from yesterday… I feel like an ass, but thank you very much.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 11/29/13 at 04:37 PM ET

I should have gotten notice to you the night before, but I was just getting there and unloading stuff from the car and trying to catch some of the game and the LB.  I didn’t get a chance to get you any notice.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/29/13 at 04:43 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Wings look kind of slow and disinterested

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/29/13 at 04:35 PM ET

Yeah I’m not really seeing it either.  Care to elaborate?  Just a general feeling of doom from the results lately?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/29/13 at 04:43 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Oh Samuelsson, have you ever, EVER gotten into a fight?

The pillow fights with your sleepover girlfriends don’t count, of course.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/29/13 at 04:43 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

nice block by Franzen

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/29/13 at 04:44 PM ET

Last several shifts have been better.

Wow, Islanders fans boo when they’re team gets stuck in their zone for a couple minutes. Nice.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/29/13 at 04:44 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Afternoon bitches.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/29/13 at 04:44 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Wow, Ericsson my be healthy, but his brain is not all there today.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/29/13 at 04:44 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/29/13 at 04:43 PM ET

No worries, the gesture was still very much appreciated.

Much better than the gestures I usually get, that’s for sure.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/29/13 at 04:45 PM ET

Festivus is near.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 11/29/13 at 04:43 PM ET

They’re actually pretty nice people once you get to know them.

Know them ? I know these people in my goddamn blood.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 04:45 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Whoa, Ken just used the phrase “Nice hustle by Johan Franzen…”

I think he’s a little too deep into the eggnog this afternoon.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/29/13 at 04:46 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wings look kind of slow and disinterested

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/29/13 at 04:35 PM ET

MSG announcers just raving about how the Wings are beating the Islanders to all the loose pucks with all that pep in their step

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/29/13 at 04:46 PM ET

End of the first.  Good intensity for a Black Friday game.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 04:46 PM ET

monkey's avatar

They’re actually pretty nice people once you get to know them.

Know them ? I know these people in my goddamn blood.

Don’t say that word around here. You’ll get them excited.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 11/29/13 at 04:49 PM ET

Don’t say that word around here. You’ll get them excited.

He’d report us at once to some kind of outback nazi law enforcement agency and they’ll run us down like dogs.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 04:51 PM ET

Okay, MSG+ sucks ass.  I’ve switched over to HD Viasat.  Good stuff.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 04:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Okay, MSG+ sucks ass.  I’ve switched over to HD Viasat.  Good stuff.

Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 11/29/13 at 04:52 PM ET

The third link for the game at day to is FSD

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/29/13 at 04:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 11/29/13 at 04:56 PM ET

It’s okay. Just admiring the shape of your skull.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 04:59 PM ET

Heh.  I just watched “Fear and Loathing…” last night on Netflix.  Had a fun time watching with a couple of pints of Guinness.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 05:01 PM ET

Second period.  Here we go.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 05:04 PM ET

johnnygloveside's avatar

Thanks Chief for all the chuckles…back in the day you inspired me and friends to start Gloveside…now defunct. Never stopped reading though. Cheers! to you and yours.
Go Wings!

Posted by johnnygloveside on 11/29/13 at 05:05 PM ET

Kronner going for the Kronwall.  No go.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 05:06 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Butter Cluck ... what a tool

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/29/13 at 05:06 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Eesh, gotta shut Vanek down.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/29/13 at 05:06 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 11/29/13 at 05:01 PM ET

Dammit man, I looked for that the other night and didn’t see it—did they just bring it back?!

After this game, the 360 is going right back to Netflix. Asses.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/29/13 at 05:07 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Wow, Clusterfuck is NOT the guy you want to try to Kronwall… dude’s a beast.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/29/13 at 05:08 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

“Good people drink good beer.”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/29/13 at 05:09 PM ET

After this game, the 360 is going right back to Netflix. Asses.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 11/29/13 at 05:07 PM ET

[checking…]

Ah hell, I don’t know what happened, but I sure saw it last night on Netflix.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 05:09 PM ET

PP for the Wings.

Looking good so far.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 05:11 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Ah hell, I don’t know what happened, but I sure saw it last night on Netflix.

Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 11/29/13 at 05:09 PM ET

*narrows eyes*

Are you sure that isn’t just the mescaline talking?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/29/13 at 05:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Mule should have shot it like 3 fuchin times.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/29/13 at 05:12 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Helm playing net front. Thats kinda bizarre.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/29/13 at 05:13 PM ET

NVM.  Brother bought it and saved it on the 360.  My bad.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 05:13 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Howdy bitches!

Hope everyones thanksgiving was a good one, despite the bitter sweet news about Chief.

Here’s to a great run and a great future for the him, and here’s to the Wings starting to roll over some mofo’s in the East.

Na Zdorovie!

Posted by Hootinani on 11/29/13 at 05:13 PM ET

Mule should have shot it like 3 fuchin times.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/29/13 at 05:12 PM ET

That’s why he’s Not Hossa.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/29/13 at 05:14 PM ET

Still a lot of zone time, I just feel like they’re kind of hesitant and sloppy with the puck…no one is really ripping any passes or taking a good shot.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/29/13 at 05:16 PM ET