Abel to Yzerman

Live Blog Away

Paul here with a quick one tonight.

Bill is having weather related wifi issues which is understandable in his part of the country.

This is the 666th meeting between Toronto and Detroit with the Wing having two more wins than the Leafs.

No need to worry about the black seats with red bottoms tonight, although there may be more blue in the stands.

We watch, we look at the youngsters.

Comment away.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

Nice job, Ehn

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/11/18 at 08:39 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Is it me or??  it seems as it’s more Ads/commercials on the ice..I don’t want it to be as it is in Europe,, I cant see the puck for all stupid Ads..  LGRW clap clap clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/11/18 at 08:39 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Next two goals are huge.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/11/18 at 08:41 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/11/18 at 08:39 PM ET

You’re right. The ice shoul be for hockey. Not for Tyson Chicken…..... shut eye

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/11/18 at 08:44 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/11/18 at 08:39 PM ET

Nahp, not you; they’ve added advertisements to the corners outside of the trapezoid.

Posted by RedMenace from Valtteri Filppula's Tanning Salon on 10/11/18 at 08:44 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Is it me or??  it seems as it’s more Ads/commercials on the ice.

it’s a slow creep. Every year they get hit by the greedy monster and another ad shows up somewhere.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/11/18 at 08:44 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Crap crap crap

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/11/18 at 08:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Uckfay! shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/11/18 at 08:45 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-3. Snowball rolling downhill. shut eye

Posted by bigfrog on 10/11/18 at 08:46 PM ET

ugh

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/11/18 at 08:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... 1-3

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/11/18 at 08:46 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*#$%@& Howard.

Right through him. Reimer is looking like the “de facto” starter at this point—and that’s not saying a lot.

Posted by RedMenace from Valtteri Filppula's Tanning Salon on 10/11/18 at 08:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

“when you control the puck that long” I remember when Red Wing teams used to do that. Good times.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/11/18 at 08:46 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Welp, I’ve pissed my sheets, the wind has died down, and this game is depressing me even more than life normally does.

Anyone want to loan me $800?

Yeah, I wouldn’t either.

Posted by RedMenace from Valtteri Filppula's Tanning Salon on 10/11/18 at 08:48 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

That’s pretty bad..Have you guys seen any hockey from Sweden..it’s crazy..I can’t see the puck. Soon we will probably see it on the jerseys too…Me not like…    C’mon Red Wings

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/11/18 at 08:49 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from The He-Man Kadri Haters Club on 10/11/18 at 08:44 PM ET

Not just that, FSD has added commercial interstitials inbetween whistles. Gotta wring out every inch on revenue they can. And if they gave you a moment for a free thought, you might stop buying stuff. Scary thought.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 10/11/18 at 08:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Welcome to the world we all live in now. smirk

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/11/18 at 08:52 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/11/18 at 08:49 PM ET

Yeah, if the NHL gets to be like the European leagues….

Posted by RedMenace from Valtteri Filppula's Tanning Salon on 10/11/18 at 08:53 PM ET

When they control the puck and Howard gets screened by his own player

Posted by stateofmifan on 10/11/18 at 08:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Menace I’ve had rain for a couple of hours now, sometimes heavy, and a few gusts lately although nothing near severe.

Posted by RWBill on 10/11/18 at 08:54 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I just hope they stay away from the Jerseys ..But unfortunately,we have to get used to the all the other crap.

LGRW   clap clap clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/11/18 at 08:54 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

The last merchandise I purchased was my Datsyuk sweater at least 8 to 10 years ago.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/11/18 at 08:55 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Please send some my way… it’s been like 130 some days since we’ve had rain.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/11/18 at 08:56 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

I just hope they stay away from the Jerseys.

Thats the day i stop watching pro hockey

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 10/11/18 at 08:56 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Well, I am headed to Cheese Land in the morning. Chicken show this weekend. Gonna be in Beaver Dam, Wi.  Deep into enemy lands, Lions beat the Green and Gold, and this weekend Wolverines play the Badgers.

A fun time will be had by all.

Have to be up before da sun. I am headed to dream land.

pray the wings catch fire and scorch the blue and white.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/11/18 at 08:58 PM ET

Helm out there sharpshooting again

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/11/18 at 08:58 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/11/18 at 08:55 PM ET

We used to buy all kinds of stuff every year at training camp, but its been a 3 or 4 years since we’ve spent a dime. Even the clearance stuff from the previous year is overpriced.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 10/11/18 at 08:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

We had some power outages earlier today, but, nothing too long. Very windy, rainy, floody, tropical stormy.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/11/18 at 08:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

A fun time will be had by all.

Have a “cheesy” good time.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/11/18 at 09:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

NHL, Inc., opened up 4 new spots on the ice for advertising.

Posted by RWBill on 10/11/18 at 09:00 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Chicken show this weekend.

If thats anything like a donkey show, I’ll pass.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 10/11/18 at 09:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“Ultimately, we came to the unanimous decision that we would go ahead and install those for the start of next season.”

Posted by RWBill on 10/11/18 at 09:01 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RWBill on 10/11/18 at 08:54 PM ET

I’m commuting from Winston to Charlotte, and the wind… omfg, the wind.

Please send some my way… it’s been like 130 some days since we’ve had rain.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/11/18 at 08:56 PM ET

Isn’t Cali due for a massive quake/tsunami sometime soon? Be careful for what you wish…

... you can come stay with me.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/11/18 at 08:59 PM ET

Yep, wind, shitty drenching rain, and a bunch of idiots driving. Lovely combo.

Posted by RedMenace from Valtteri Filppula's Tanning Salon on 10/11/18 at 09:02 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Safe travels, Yooper. Go Blue!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/11/18 at 09:02 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

At least Hicketts is smart enough to stay on Mathews.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/11/18 at 09:02 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

If thats anything like a donkey show, I’ll pass.

Fredo would be disappointed.

Posted by RWBill on 10/11/18 at 09:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Mantha is having one of those games where he’s not “engaged”. P.U.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/11/18 at 09:03 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*#$%@& Kadri.

Like, really hard. In a donkey show.

Posted by RedMenace from Valtteri Filppula's Tanning Salon on 10/11/18 at 09:04 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

*#$%@& Kadri.

Like, really hard. In a donkey show.

Posted by RedMenace from The He-Man Kadri Haters Club on 10/11/18 at 09:04 PM ET

I wouldnt watch it, but I approve this message.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 10/11/18 at 09:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

people elsewhere saying the same thing about mantha tonight cal quake

Posted by RWBill on 10/11/18 at 09:06 PM ET