Abel to Yzerman

Letting Them Fly At A2Y And Li’l Gary Better Take Cover

When you give the 19 too much time in the day to think about game time, they are bound to find an outlet.  Usually it is Li’l Gary. Ass.

While the NHL’s Little Commish that Couldn’t huffs and puffs his way around the league finding new ways of fuching hockey fans and their traditions, a few juvenile geniuses around here have been busy themselves.  And Li’l Gary, we know you’re reading this, you might want to close your browser.  Right.  About.  Now.

image

That was courtesy of WingsFaninBeanland, posted here.  Utter brilliance that at most blogs would be the pinnacle of creativity that month.  Here at A2Y, that is merely the appetizer to the “Feast of Fuch You Gary” that this is:

That’s from CaptNorris5, whose genius is inspiring.  Taking us back to the 70’s with “I’ll Let Them Fly”, CaptNorris5 is inspiring a theme night aboard the Hasek: the hookers will be serving Coke off their backs all night.

10:30 EST.  13 to 12.  Skate to Throat.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Rdwings28's avatar

done.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/20/11 at 04:56 PM ET

This may be redolent but, someone posted a photo of little Gary’s Ass literally on a post the last few days.  I can’t seem to find it.  Was it removed?  This might be another appropriate place for it.
I only say that because it was shown at work explaining who Gary Ass was to some Av’s fans.  It was left open on a work computer.  Very funny as many walked by wondering-what the hell.

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 04/20/11 at 04:59 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I was cuddling with my pet octopus just recently and he told me how much his former playmates wanted to be one of the select few to make onto the ice at JLA. The honor and prestige of such a sacrifice is a great honor with all the eight leggers.

I also suggest a helium filled blow up doll with commish’s face on it which could be batted through the stands like a beach ball at a football game.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/20/11 at 05:05 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I humbly submit that the 19 need to find Bettman’s office address and mail him an octopus for every Wings playoff win.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/20/11 at 05:06 PM ET

No one, just NO ONE, quite like The A2Y 19.  The Band of Bitches is unequaled in juveniliciousness.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/20/11 at 05:09 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I’m wowed daily by all the images, videos, etc. that you guys put together in this blog.

And I really like bezukov’s suggestion to send Buttman an octopus for every Wings win.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/20/11 at 05:17 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

why waste a perfectly octopus on the little guy?? poor octopus….

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/20/11 at 05:21 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

This is why hockey in the desert is a fail:
That is a fuching joke. No wonder they need to move.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 04/20/11 at 05:23 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

This is why hockey in the desert is a fail:
That is a fuching joke. No wonder they need to move.

Hilarious.  That stupid Coyotes fan didn’t even seem to notice.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/20/11 at 05:26 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Throw the octopus.  Send Lil’ Gary the ink sac in a letter bomb.  If you don’t know how to make one, ask the Unabomber for help.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/20/11 at 05:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It is true we reside in the company of geniuses here at A2Y.  I’ve never been prouder to be associated with you reprobates.

Posted by calquake on 04/20/11 at 05:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from the poopship. on 04/20/11 at 04:23 PM ET

After watching that video…  it’s almost sad to look at that.  However, I can not disagree with his last comment. wink

Posted by calquake on 04/20/11 at 05:51 PM ET

This is why hockey in the desert is a fail:
That is a fuching joke. No wonder they need to move.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from the poopship. on 04/20/11 at 04:23 PM ET

And they paid HOW MUCH for that redline suite???  Jeebus, the redline suites at The Orleans is less expensive and waaay better accomodations.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/20/11 at 05:53 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/20/11 at 05:57 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

BAD KARMA.

I don’t care about the future of the Coyotes’ franchise. I want the Wings to get out of this first-round crash-and-bang fest as soon as humanly possible because it’ll be better on the Wings’ bodies and frequent flier miles and it’d save the Wings from more Coyote-injury-targeting hits.  The Coyotes are still alive and kicking and they’re pretty damn mean.

As for the off-ice stuff? I’m not gonna begrudge a Coyotes fan’s desire to see their team remain where they are, just as I wouldn’t say anything rude to fellow Jets fans in 96 after the Wings took Winnipeg out and advanced to the second round, because that wound was about to be ripped open at the time. Not gonna touch that stuff.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 04/20/11 at 05:57 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

here’s a pic of my Pomeranian, he’s a die hard Red Wings fan too…while watching the games whenever they cut to a commercial he will run to the TV and bark until the game comes back on (His name is Gonzo—& he loves Ozzie

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/20/11 at 06:01 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Juvenilisciousness at its finest.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/20/11 at 06:04 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Um, I think that video shows the pre-game warm-up 30-60 minutes before game time.

But then again, there weren’t that many more people there when the teams hit the ice for the start of the game.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/20/11 at 06:08 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

in case you all missed it our Ex Captain -  Stevie Y is one of the finalists for Top GM award

( quote: Vancouver’s Mike Gillis, Tampa Bay’s Steve Yzerman and Nashville’s David Poile are the three finalists for the honor of the League’s top GM.)

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/20/11 at 06:13 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

“He defines for me what a winner is, because he’s always trying to get better,” Boucher said. “He never acts as if he knows everything and makes you feel like you’re important. He makes you feel like your opinion has some weight but what I like most is his humility—it’s incredible. He’s a legend out there but you still feel like he’s trying to take care of you and trying to help you and you’ve got answers he’s interested in.”

Humility is certainly something he learned during his time in Detroit as noted during an interview with NHL.com in September.

“The thing I admire most about Ken Holland is that, after all the success he’s had, his work ethic and his humility remain constant,” Yzerman told NHL.com.

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/20/11 at 06:16 PM ET

That video wins the internet

Posted by selke13 on 04/20/11 at 06:29 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I’ve had a string of appointments all morning and afternoon, but I’ve still managed to sneak several peeks at my phone and follow the exploits of the 19 throughout the day.  This place is truly inspired as well as inspiring.

Still almost five hours to game time.  I really just want this thing over and done.  No fanfare, no chest thumping, just done as efficiently as possible and on to the next round.

I’ll catch ya later for the live blog 19!!  Keep up the madness!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/20/11 at 06:50 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by bezukov from Wings Fan in exile: Columbus, OH on 04/20/11 at 04:06 PM ET

Now that there is rich.

I’m on Virginia’s prime seafood (sorry Jenny, sea creature) region across the Chesapeake on the Eastern Shore.  Gotta checkout the exmorediner.com to see if they have octopi.

Mailing 1 to Gary.Ass would be awesome.  500 would wreak havoc, though he would still pride himself on screwing over any hockey tradition he could find, especially if it involved Detroit.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/11 at 07:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m sure I’ll need a link tonight as they probably won’t have versass at this hol inn express.  I hope redwingslive.net is still streaming.

4 hours bitches. Let’s not have any game 4 reverse of fortunes like the Canucks.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/11 at 07:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Skate to Throat.

Man, I’ve missed saying that. Here’s hoping tonite’s the nite. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/20/11 at 07:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Damn, the LAK blew a 4-0 lead in the 2d period?  They were up 3-0 when I turned it off.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/11 at 07:27 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Taking the boy to pitch some balls and get rid of some of my nervous energy before I dive into the beer drawer in the fridge.
GO WINGS.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/20/11 at 08:00 PM ET

edillac's avatar

feelin good

Posted by edillac from isolation on 04/20/11 at 08:09 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

I’m not gonna begrudge a Coyotes fan
Awww c’mon George.  It’s the ultimate win or else scenario.  Except instead of the ‘or else’ being eliminated from the playoffs, its being eliminated from existence.  It’s all in good fun, you know.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/20/11 at 08:32 PM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

Damn, the LAK blew a 4-0 lead in the 2nd period?  They were up 3-0 when I turned it off.

Posted by RWBill fr

They didn’t just blow a 4-0 lead, they allowed 5 goals in the 2nd period, and blew a 2 goal lead in the last 2 minutes of the period.  It’ll be interesting to see how LA responds, they easily could have a 3-0 series lead, instead they’re down 2-1.

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 04/20/11 at 09:39 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

tonight’s refs are Brad Watson and Greg Kimmerly, and Shane Heyer and Johnny Murray will be working the lines.

Watson & Kimmerly ???  ...  gawd I feel SICK   sick

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/20/11 at 11:06 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Evening all….been oot & aboot all day away from hockey snark & truth.

I turned on VersAss and there are some strange teams on the screen.  Who are these teams….where are the Wings?

Watson & Kimmerly ???

The original BOHICA Tag Team.

Lets Go Red Wings !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/20/11 at 11:25 PM ET