Abel to Yzerman

Let The Spectacle Of A Wing/Leaf Throwdown Distract You From The Fact That This League Is A Joke

Negotiating ploy, posturing, a whole load of crap…whatever it is, the shrivs are at it again and the ones paying the price are those of us stupid enough to have believed something cool like the realignment couldn’t be ruined by the likes of Gary. Ass and his band of idiots.

George has it all here and will most likely tackle this more thoroughly than anyone else, because he’s Malik and that’s what Malik does. Winging it in Motown nailed it late last night too.

I will not be writing about it anytime soon because it sickens me and I only like talking about things that make me happy.

James F. Howard is going for his 100th win and the Wings are playing well.  By the time you read this the whole subject we won’t speak of might be resolved because it’s 0932 your time on game day, 1932 my time the day after (figure that shit out) and I’m pre-posting this bad boy.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  Enjoy this one because you may not get another Wing/Laugh LB for a while if the dickheads have their way.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

monkey's avatar

Cripes, it’s Sunday and you’re posting a live blog for a game that hasn’t been played yet yesterday?  There are some physicists who want to speak with you.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/07/12 at 09:04 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

No worries, the realignment will happen. Only way it doesn’t is if we don’t play at all next year. What a happy thought that is.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 09:13 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Let’s get that 100th win for James F. Howard.

Weird that where you are, Chief, it’s tomorrow.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/07/12 at 09:37 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Good afternoon, all. I’ll be hanging around for the first then heading out to watch the Lions at a friends house.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 09:46 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

don’t even want to think about no season, or a shortened season in hockey.

on a happier note, James efen Howard is going for win number 100 tonight.

listened to the kings game before the real game, they were praising some goalie named quick. he got his 17 loss today.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 09:49 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

oh, ya, almost forgot.

FSD FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 09:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 01/07/12 at 06:46 PM ET

Just remember, crying in public can bring scorn and ridicule to a man if he’s not careful. cheese

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:52 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I’ve thought for a number of years that Fehr is the biggest a-hole in sports (with Scott Boros a very close second), but after reading the NHLPA press release, I actually agree with Fehr.

Satan Bettman did not read in the NHLPA early enough in the process, would not give a sample schedule, would not enter a dialogue regarding inequitable playoff qualifications and excessive travel.

The NHLPA should have had a seat at the table from the get-go on this issue. The NHLPA certainly needed more than 30 days to evaluate the proposal (especially with the holidays).

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 09:56 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’m recording the Lions game, so I expect NO SPOILERS within this LB.  If I see one, I’m gone!

LET THAT BE A WARNING TO YOU ALL

I know my absence will be unacceptable, so you have your option.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:56 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 06:52 PM ET

Tears of joy my friend, over the Lions pulling the huge upset.

LET THAT BE A WARNING TO YOU ALL
I know my absence will be unacceptable, so you have your option.
Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 06:56 PM ET

Kate and others are planning on LB the Lions game, so you might want to move your bedroom tv into the living room and watch both games live

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 09:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 01/07/12 at 06:56 PM ET

You probably would have been one of those “do-gooders” who wanted to do away with slavery too I bet. grin

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 10:00 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Let’s Go Redwings I need more Beer !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/07/12 at 10:00 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pre-game songs are being sung.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 10:02 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

The NHLPA should have had a seat at the table from the get-go on this issue.

Agreed. The league has been walking all over the players for years. It’s time for that to stop.

I’m recording the Lions game, so I expect NO SPOILERS within this LB.

The Lions take a lead into the 4th quarter and against all odds, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by taking penalties on 8 straight plays and turning the ball over at least once.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 10:02 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Hi gang. It’s been a couple of weeks since I last attended a live blog.

I hope I haven’t forgotten how. If memory serves, I just type in something stupid, and hit the
submit button, right?

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 10:04 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

taking penalties on 8 straight plays and turning the ball over at least once.

does suh get any suspensions?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 10:05 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 07:02 PM ET

Wow, you must be like Nostradamus or somebody.  And eerily accurate.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 10:05 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I just type in something stupid, and hit the
submit button, right?

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 07:04 PM ET

That just shows we do have some standards.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 10:07 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches. Right as usual Master Chief.

I feel for the peeps out there that are too young to remember what a good schedule looked like. Even after the 18 team expansion.

Thanks Gary. Ass.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 10:09 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening All!  How’s tomorrow looking Chief?.....just asking.

A big WIN for Jimmy-I’m in!

Hope the PaPas are enjoying the road trip.

(Typing something stupid and hitting the stupid button)

Lets Go Red Wings!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/07/12 at 10:10 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 01/07/12 at 06:59 PM ET

Well considering my bedroom is my living room, I’m screwed.  Guess I’ll be sitting this one out.

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 07:04 PM ET

I’m pretty sure it only has to be offensive, funny, and offensive.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:11 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Wow, you must be like Nostradamus or somebody.  And eerily accurate.

Historypeats.Good luck to em and all, but I wont be watching.

FSD pregame gave the realignment scrap a pretty fair shake.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 10:11 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Drop the damn puck. I want to see the entire first before I bail for the Lions game

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 10:12 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Pre-game songs.

I’ll stick around until the start of the Lions game, then I guess I’m being chased out.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:13 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

FSD pregame gave the realignment scrap a pretty fair shake.
Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 07:11 PM ET

for those of us diaspora, please fill us in on what Mick and Ken had to say

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 10:14 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Evening 19.  Time to square that road record at a nice tidy .500 clip.

Lions?  Playoffs?  Let the drinking begin.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 10:14 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I have to admit, I do like the “fan participation” in the Canadian National Anthem.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:15 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

puck drop!

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 10:16 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Evening bitches. Only gonna watch the first period because I’m gonna watch the Lions at 5, but hopefully we’ll have this locked away by then. That’s possible right? Right…?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 01/07/12 at 10:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 07:15 PM ET

Yeah, it’s like they’re proud of their country or something… go figure.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 10:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Kindl plays pretty well, and he gets benched.  Commodore plays pretty well, and he gets benched.

I’m absolutely convinced Ericsson’s days are numbered.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:18 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Cleary gets blasted into next week from in front of the goal, the puck is still out at the point and there is no intereference???

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 10:19 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I hate the term, “back pressure.”  Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 10:20 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

You know, “The Moose” makes more sense for Fraznen’s nickname anyway, him being from Sweden and all.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:21 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

fill us in on what Mick and Ken had to say

They didn’t do much of the talking. Merph and Keating were talkin about it for a good 5 minutes. Initial talk was fear of lockout with Fehr in charge and why would the players want to ruin this opportunity everyone seems to be pretty happy with. But Merph’s counter point was that the realignment isn’t the real issue and the players are using this as an opportunity to end the league dictating everything to the players. In the end seemed to be a pretty fair discussion of both sides.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 10:21 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I hate the term, “back pressure.”  Bitches.
Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!
Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 07:20 PM

Especially since it invariably leads to flatulence

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 10:22 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

OMFG, these penalty shot calls are getting ridiculous.

He got a good scoring opportunity, so what about that deserves a penalty shot?!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:22 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Fvck you toronto.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 10:22 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

God fuching dammit, what is wrong with this fuching joke of a league? That’s a penalty shot? Jesus.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 01/07/12 at 10:22 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

New rule for 2012. Stick lifts are illegal.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 10:23 PM ET