Abel to Yzerman

Les Canadiens de Montreal vs. The Detroit Red Wings

My second favorite team in all of hockey is the Montreal Canadiens.

I was probably attracted to them because of the way Dann Gallivan called the game.

OK, enough memories, time for the big game tonight.

Divisional game, check.

A four point game, check

Carey Price is (0-2-0, 5.74, .820 in last 2) and has given up 4 or more goals a game in each of his last 5 or 6 road games, check

So why not win tonight Detroit? check

Key game, Montreal fans will be in the house, good start is important and let's get the PP moving.

It's a live blog bitches!

As an added benefit for those who have arrived early or really for anyone, watch the highlights when the Habs last played at the Joe on 12/10/10.

Two great goals from the Wings, remember them?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

RorSchach's avatar

Game on, Bitches. Lets do this.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/24/14 at 08:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

My second favorite team in all of hockey is the Montreal Canadiens.

Mine too, Paul. And, thank you, for keeping this nut house open. wink

Now, let’s take two more points tonite! Bitches!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:02 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Paul, and thanks for the video reminder of Good Times!

Hoping for a good game, and a couple of points in our favor smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/24/14 at 08:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

we   is   ssslllllooooooowwwwwwlllllyyy get’n healthy ... right?

... right?

a “W” and 2-points be HUGE tonight. get ‘em, boyz.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/24/14 at 08:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Wings appear so young in that video. It’s only fours years ago.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:18 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Paul!

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/24/14 at 08:19 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Ha Kate, I said the same thing and it just over three years.  Will we ever see that burst from Datsyuk again?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/24/14 at 08:22 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Paul.. Pavel still has that burst.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/24/14 at 08:24 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Hard to bust a move , when you are dragging pianos.

Posted by dougie on 01/24/14 at 08:25 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

evening bitches

everybody tired from shoveling yet?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/24/14 at 08:27 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. Howabout a game with the kind of offensive chances like against Chicago?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/24/14 at 08:27 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Alas, my second favorite team is no more, as I don’t consider the abomination in Winnipeg as the same team as the clusterfuch that was in Atlanta.

All water under the bridge, really.

Let’s knock these jokers down and steal two points from them. With the game being broadcast locally tonight, there will be 100% less mesh jokes.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/24/14 at 08:29 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I don’t like that both the Zebras are from Canada and one of the is born in Montreal!!!..That can be tough !!
anyhow howdy bitches !!! Lets Go Red Wings !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/24/14 at 08:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

wink Thanks Mick!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:33 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I think that Zebra suckage in the NHL transcends geographic boundaries. Probably even planetary and galactic boundaries.

Posted by dougie on 01/24/14 at 08:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Great night for a hockey game.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake on 01/24/14 at 08:34 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

everybody tired from shoveling yet?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/24/14 at 08:34 PM ET

Pizza, beer, and Red Wing hockey on a Friday night…that should work.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/24/14 at 08:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evening bitches!

I’ll be watching HD through Xbox so will be a couple of minutes late.  That equates to my normal slow uptake anyway.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/24/14 at 08:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

everybody tired from shoveling yet?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/24/14 at 07:27 PM ET

Unless you’re talking BS then I guess I’m out. wink

Posted by calquake on 01/24/14 at 08:36 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Haha Bill. It will be the same on your screen as mine. wink

Really though. I’ve been uber busy this winter. Not much blog time. What is Jurco’s nickname. I really wanna know.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/24/14 at 08:37 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/24/14 at 07:35 PM ET

I’m all in from Gamecenter Live not on the Xbox, so I’m probably just as delayed as you are.

Either way, let’s do this!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/24/14 at 08:37 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

everybody tired from shoveling yet?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/24/14 at 07:34 PM ET

FINALLY got my driveway cleared ...

(but more snow falling again ... with forecast of “highs” below zero to start the week)

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/24/14 at 08:38 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

It’s nice to have Alfredsson back..!!  Lets Go Red Wings !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/24/14 at 08:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What is Jurco’s nickname.

The Jurk? (after the Steve Martin Movie)

Posted by calquake on 01/24/14 at 08:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Either way, let’s do this!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/24/14 at 07:37 PM ET

Same here. Gamecenter Live lags behind. And, I’m all in. Bitches.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I hate the cold weather. I’ll be heading West sometime in the next 5 years.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:42 PM ET

dougie's avatar

The Jurk? (after the Steve Martin Movie)

I was born a poor black child. What a great movie. I still sing “I’m Picking Out a Thermos For You” every now and then , just to see the look on my wife’s face.

Posted by dougie on 01/24/14 at 08:43 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I hate the cold weather. I’ll be heading West sometime in the next 5 years.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 07:42 PM ET

I came TO Michigan to warm up   smile

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/24/14 at 08:43 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Gawd, I love Mickey’s sayings.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:44 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

sauce really being a great play maker

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/24/14 at 08:45 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I hate the cold weather. I’ll be heading West sometime in the next 5 years.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 07:42 PM ET

Unless you are financially comfortable don’t put California on your list.  The “sticker shock” might kill you.  The better half and me are leaving after she retires in aboot a year.  Maybe Oregon or Washington State.

Posted by calquake on 01/24/14 at 08:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Gawd, I love Mickey’s sayings.

+19

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/24/14 at 08:46 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I hate the cold weather. I’ll be heading West sometime in the next 5 years

Kate, if you were in Michigan, I’d happily trade places with you. I hate the heat.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/24/14 at 08:48 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I came TO Michigan to warm up

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/24/14 at 07:43 PM ET

Good move, Jeff. You went to Michigan Whore-style. The only way to go. wink

That’s gotta be on of the best quips I’ve ever heard.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:48 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Did I see Subban pull a knife in that scrum?

Posted by dougie on 01/24/14 at 08:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Did I see Subban pull a knife in that scrum?

Posted by dougie on 01/24/14 at 07:49 PM ET

Well, he is in Detroit. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 08:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

That’s gotta be on of the best quips I’ve ever heard.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/24/14 at 07:48 PM ET

I haven’t been able to eat hot dogs without chuckling ever since that night

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/24/14 at 08:51 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I thought the follow-thru on a shot was legal if it got up?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/24/14 at 08:51 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Great. That guy put his face directly in the path of Zettermans stick.

Posted by dougie on 01/24/14 at 08:51 PM ET