Abel to Yzerman
by VooX on 04/09/10 at 08:30 PM ET
It’s Deja Vu all over again. The past couple of times we’ve faced the BJ’s the result has been too close for comfort.
Tonight the Wings must play to win for a full sixty minutes.
And the 19 will be playing as well. “Hit Me Mick” returns for it’s regular season finale. Sorry for the short notice, if you don’t have enough booze on hand engine coolant, windshield wiper fluid, and mouthwash should suffice.
We will be using the revised edition of the Hit Me Mick rules, as laid out by the Chief many months ago.
And rule revisions by the Chief:
Any reference to Samuelsson will be replaced by Bertuzzi.
The following occurrences require you finish whatever beverage you have in front of you. There can be no exceptions and no excuses. Your “partner” may not assist you.
· Mickey Redmond’s wink to open the telecast
· A Bertuzzi shot off the glass
· A fight
· A hat trick
A successful Wing penalty kill
· Any time Ken has to defend the referees or the league
· Any time Larry Murphy doesn’t finish a sentence. One of the 19 will be the official moderator tonite, determined by consensus prior to, and they will make the call on this and any other controversial decision.
· Mick says “BC two hander”
· Billy Joel’s “One, two…One, two, three, four”
· Any mention of Larry Murphy’s two-game goals, but no hat trick (NOTE: any reference to Murphy’s playing career from Ken or Mick is one drink)
take a swig!
Any time Mickey utters any of the following phrases, you must drink.
· This is no place for a nervous person
· Hold it right there gang…or any time Mickey says “gang”
· Wait ‘til you see this replay!
· Datsyukian (Ken or Mick)
· A Redmond chuckle with no explanation
· Any “new NHL” reference
· Any reference to composite sticks
· Is that the rule now?
Any use of the word “rivalry”
If you do not have FSN Detroit coverage, that is reason enough to drink yourself into oblivion. No matter what the BJ announcers say it will be painful to watch. So drink away, bitches, drink away.
It’s a live blog and sobriety is optional. Winning is not.
Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Abel to Yzerman
Welcome to Abel to Yzerman, a Red Wing blog since 1977. No other site on the internet has better-researched, fact-laden and better prepared discussions than A2Y. Re-phrase: we do little research, find facts and stats highly overrated and claim little to no preparation. There are 19 readers of A2Y. No more, no less. All of them, except maybe one, are juvenile in nature. Reminding them of that in the comment section will only encourage them to prove that. Your suggestions and critiques are welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org