Abel to Yzerman

KK/A2Y- 10,000 Comments. How About You?

I recently received an email from a KK member which included the following.

Paul,
I have had many milestones in my 63 years. College, 29 years of marriage, 30 years as an attorney and Judge, scaled mountains, sailed seas, flown airplanes, raced my Porsche, and now........ (drum roll please)  I just moved above 10,000 posts on your site!

Huzzah!

Thank you for the hosting the platform for all the shenanigans through the years!

Onward!!

All the best,

I emailed the member back to receive an okay to use this, with the name of the member not included.  How about you, does anyone else reach some rare air?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Is it Bill? tongue wink

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/21/20 at 12:02 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I am not going to say who it is.  If the person wishes to, that is up to the member.

I am interested to see if anyone has more comments.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/20 at 12:04 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Where do we find out how many posts we have?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 01/21/20 at 12:53 PM ET

Paul's avatar

RW, click on Profile top of page.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/20 at 12:55 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

5,300+, so I’m in the “Above 5,000 Club”

Not sure how rare that air is

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 01/21/20 at 01:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

19,971

grin

(and I have a good guess who the unnamed member is by the descriptions ... it ‘bears’ a resemblance to a fellow with a Bill Murray avatar)

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/21/20 at 01:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Wow stonehands, impressive.

Now break that down to how many hours/days you spent on writing them, HA.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/20 at 01:41 PM ET

21,070.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 01/21/20 at 01:51 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Seriously, I never imagined these kind of numbers.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/20 at 01:54 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I stand among giants

I truly am not worthy

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 01/21/20 at 01:54 PM ET

Primis's avatar

This is #9097 for me.

Which is around several thousand more than I would have guessed.

Posted by Primis on 01/21/20 at 02:04 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

11,561 here and I’ve been pretty quiet for a while now. I’d have to guess most of those are from the “good old days” of live blogs.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/21/20 at 02:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I know that guy well, and his sons !!

At just 10000 comments, he’s a nube !  smile

Been on KK since about Day 2, and even with slower numbers in recent years and not much of anything intelligent to say it looks like I’m sitting at 14,451.

I listened to, and recorded, PK’s interview on Edmonton radio way back in the summer he was starting this show.  I’m grateful that he did, because although I still do read some of mlive’s comment sections, it is often still the braindead shitshow it was when Paul and IWOCPO started there.  I have to believe they saw what a crapfest mlive can be and knew they could do better.  And they have.

Even in the rough times of recent seasons the other readers and posters make this a great place to hang out and throw out some thoughts, as well as the game live blogs.  Paul always has recent stories to link to, and the humor of The 19 has gotten us through some pretty horrific games of late.

Kudos to all and thanks to Paul for “living the dream” and setting us up.

Posted by RWBill on 01/21/20 at 02:15 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hear hear RW. I moved down here in1998 and found the Detroit news blog at first with George one of the best bloggers there. I believe he put oot the KK website and I never looked back. Thanks as always Paul for all you do here for us hockey starved ex pats living in the south. BTW, I’m in the 5500 posts.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/21/20 at 02:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

My story from the Mlive days.  I don’t remember much but do recall the battles Bill had with some goalie mom or whatever her name was.

Also, they once offered me a job, said they would pay me in CDs’, I asked the value of the CD.  They said not those kind, but music CDs.

That was the end for me and next was blogging on my own.  Thanks to a push from my buddy Tom Mazawey and unfortunately my mom getting ill and I became a blogger/live-in caregiver.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/20 at 02:39 PM ET

Tripwire32's avatar

This is comment 2488 for me. I lurked for a couple years before creating an account to comment. The Live Blogs were too much fun to not be a part. Most of my comments were from pre-2012. I’ve scaled back considerably due deployment, life,and reasons; to only adding a thought here and there. The rest of the 19 are outright champions. Carry on.

Posted by Tripwire32 from Kay He Mar Heart on 01/21/20 at 02:54 PM ET

Alan's avatar

This comment marks number 6001 on KK as a whole. I’m looking forward to submitting at least 6000 more. My love of hockey and the Red Wings brought me here, and they will keep me here for as long as you’ll have me!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/21/20 at 03:14 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/20 at 02:39 PM ET

CDs

I LOL’d!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 01/21/20 at 03:15 PM ET

This is only number 818 for me. But my average comment is like four or five paragraphs long, so let’s say that’s equivalent to a couple thousand “normal” posts.

Posted by Sven22 from Grand Rapids on 01/21/20 at 03:20 PM ET

19,971

Cheers, stoney!

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 01/21/20 at 03:48 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Of course there would be 19 comments.

“19” comments - of course

Well, I just ruined that.

Posted by RWBill on 01/21/20 at 04:00 PM ET

I have all of 407 since joining in 2014 (but I spend more time at Winging it in Motown than here, so…)

Posted by EthrDemon on 01/21/20 at 04:09 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Uh, my inmate number is 18720.  I am surprised to say the least, which apparently, isn’t my forte….... wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/21/20 at 04:41 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Just over 3,000.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/21/20 at 05:00 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

” ...

... “

now that’s some funny shtuff right there

LOL

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/21/20 at 07:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

now that’s some funny shtuff right there

LOL

That is funny.  There was someone named “Hockeymom” that used to eagerly stir stuff up with inflammatory theories and posts, a mlive tradition to this day.

Posted by RWBill on 01/21/20 at 07:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Congrats Stoney! On the posts too!

Fun post….thanks Paul!

12 years in for me and this site still rocks!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan Plan...... on 01/21/20 at 10:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

16,358 comments since 2008 for moi. Hopefully some even made sense.  wink

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/21/20 at 11:01 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Okay, someone beat this

65,535, total posts.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/20 at 11:03 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

I wasn’t going to post my number, but I looked and it was “1234”. But that makes this #1235, so I went ahead and ruined that…

Posted by Steeb on 01/22/20 at 01:39 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

5161, most of them nearly ten years ago, but had to chime in for this.  TBH I’m amazed my old username is still here.  Been a long time and a lot of changes, but good to see The 19 never change.

(Congrats to…I wanna say Capt. Dennis?)

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 01/22/20 at 04:44 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Oh doh, just realized I read this whole thread wrong…

Congrats Rummie!

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 01/22/20 at 06:28 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, looking for YzerMan…... on 01/21/20 at 10:47 PM ET

wink

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/22/20 at 07:46 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Holy Crap, Andrew was here !  Been wondering about you.  You’re either an early riser or still in Europe.

Posted by RWBill on 01/22/20 at 12:27 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Hey Bill, still here.  Been lurking for quite a few years and yeah, still in Europe.  Different country, different job, different life.  Different Wings too, dammit.  At some point it’d be nice for one of our hometown teams to give me a reason not to jump off the Mackinac Bridge…

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 01/23/20 at 04:14 AM ET