Abel to Yzerman

Just Write, Ansar.  Stow The Jokes.

This is no time for humor. No time for playful hijinks, to play a funny because you think you’re one of the boys and wouldn’t it be giggly to inject a few laughs into what we’ve decided is the worst month in the history of the greatest franchise ever invented.  Ansar Khan(!), Deep Digger captain, drew up a nifty little ditty that told us to be happy because TPH, Moose, JFH, E52 and Kindl are all getting better.  Cautiously optimistic stuff. Give ‘er a read if you get a chance.

But Ansar?  Did we really need to see something like this today?

image

What…the…fuch is that?

Jesus Jimmy.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

NIVO's avatar

Hay zeus Jimmy…...............the impostor, is what it is smile

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/21/12 at 05:04 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Thanks for the laugh Master Chief.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/21/12 at 05:04 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

The wife must’ve stayed at home.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/21/12 at 05:06 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

The wife must’ve stayed at home.

Or she packed for him, Fluffy.  If James had any crafty ideas about a night on the town in NYC, that suit pretty much guaranteed an 0-fer.  Smart woman.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/21/12 at 05:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Avery dressed him.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/21/12 at 05:13 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Avery dressed him.
Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/21/12 at 03:13 PM ET

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 05:25 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Maybe he lost his luggage and had to borrow something?  We can only hope…

What I want to know is:  WHY IS HE SMILING?  No Red Wing should be smiling right now.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/21/12 at 05:46 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by NIVO on 03/21/12 at 03:04 PM ET

Love your avatar.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/21/12 at 05:47 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

When you start getting too many hints that your team’s starting goalie is actually a well-adjusted and sane productive member of society, it’s always good to get a reminder like this.

Thanks for reminding us that you still have a screw loose, Jimmy. I was starting to worry.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 03/21/12 at 05:50 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Avery dressed him.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/21/12 at 03:13 PM ET

LOL.  Good one, Paul.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 03/21/12 at 05:53 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

He looks like Tyler’s A**hole brother.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 03/21/12 at 05:53 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

What the hell is in his pocket?

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Roanoke, VA on 03/21/12 at 05:55 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Cwix, I think those are sunglasses

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 03/21/12 at 05:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wow…that was almost really awkward.  I just about wore the same thing today.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/21/12 at 06:00 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

Yeah, I think you’re right, Forlorn

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Roanoke, VA on 03/21/12 at 06:04 PM ET

Well, Yzerman had the sweaters, Zetterberg got married dressed as the Hamburglar, Datsyuk speaks sakhdasklhd-ish, Helm likes Bieber…

James needed something too.

Posted by Herm from the office on 03/21/12 at 06:09 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Avery forgot to loan Jimmah the matching tie…

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 06:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Little wonder Commie22 found so much humor in messing with Howard and Emmerton.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/21/12 at 06:13 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I’m going to research some other innocuous phrase to image search tonight.

Though I really think Monday night’s could be topped.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/21/12 at 06:22 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/21/12 at 03:09 PM ET

Forgive me as I’ve only been married for 6 months…hence apparently coming here for the veteran leadership.

I think I need to wash my hands after typing that.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/21/12 at 06:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Avery dressed him.

He’s a real clothes horse.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/21/12 at 06:51 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I bet his socks don’t match….if he is wearing any.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 03/21/12 at 07:13 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/21/12 at 04:13 PM ET

Wasn’t he in the most recent Terminator movie?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/21/12 at 07:27 PM ET

monkey's avatar

What…the…fuch is that?

Jesus Jimmy.

Who are these people, these faces? Where do they come from? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas, and sweet Jesus, there were a hell of a lot of them at 4:30 on a Sunday morning, still humping the American dream.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/21/12 at 07:29 PM ET

Is it working?
Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/21/12 at 11:10 AM ET

Hello RW faithful,
I found an even better stat to break the gloom. Consider this, in the past 10 games Nucks only collected 1 point more than Wings. Is this working?
When the odds are bad RW tend to play better. I call a win today.

Posted by Alex on 03/21/12 at 07:32 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

“You always hope it can (heal) faster, but I’m going to let it take its time,’’ Franzen said. “No need to rush it.’‘

My sentiments exactly, Horse’s Ass. You just take your time “healing” because we can do without that stuff you call “playing.”

What I find most amazing about Franzen’s statement is he’s actually able to embody his true nature of “floating” while not even being on the ice.

I’ve really, really come to hate this guy.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 03/21/12 at 08:41 PM ET

Chet's avatar

looks like he lost a bet!

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 03/21/12 at 09:09 PM ET