Abel to Yzerman

Just When You Thought It Was Safe…

Slowly, and I mean really slowly, we're coming to grips with it.  We're collectively accepting the reality that Nick Lidstrom is gone.  We'll talk about the blue line and the power play and we can even have a discussion without mentioning The Perfect Human. His loss can be forgotten for longer periods of time now.

Then you read something like this and it's a punch in the face.

Kulfan

Lidstrom's stall has been taken over by Jonathan Ericsson and there's a picture of Lidstrom hanging amongst the other Wings' legends in the locker room.

Whew.  That part about Ericsson taking Lidstrom's locker gave me the vomit chills.

Kulfan's article talks about Mike Babcock pretending like there's actually gonna be a season. Cute.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

gowings's avatar

Seriously? Can’t they give the stall to Pavel or another a D man like Kronwall? I am insulted

Posted by gowings from MTL on 09/07/12 at 05:57 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Isn’t that locker space supposed to be the Captain’s which in my opinion should be Pavel?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 09/07/12 at 06:18 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Eh.. A friend just sent me this link:

Is it the same kind of “cute”?
I mean, cute, but 110% useless?
lol

P.S.: Yeah, I finally registered an account!  =D
Need to learn how to input an avatar on int, now.. Maybe in another 4 or 5 years!

Posted by Zqto on 09/07/12 at 06:49 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I’m more worried about the guy tasked with taking Lidstrom’s minutes on the ice than I am about who’s filling his seat in the locker room.

I mean, I sure you’re all like that too; I just wanted to say it out loud to make myself feel better.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/07/12 at 06:59 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Fuching Ericsson.

Posted by dougie on 09/07/12 at 08:36 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Played my first full game of NHL 13 today, I lost, 4-3 to the Bluejackets in OT. Gamewinner was a weak point shot that deflected off of, you guessed it, Ericsson…

Posted by pgoody on 09/07/12 at 10:33 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

JFC, not the vomit chills. I think that’s been going around lately, since we’ve all had it repeatedly since the Lizard King retired.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 09/08/12 at 07:18 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

E-52?

Maybe the coaching staff think some of Lizard King karma will transfer to Ericsson.

Must be that kind of magical thinking, because they also apparently believe there will be a hockey season starting soon.

I am light years past full eeyore mood on this season.

There will be no hockey anytime soon,  and when there is, we will realize just how porous the blueline is.  Howard’s schlong cant take the kind of abuse he is about to see night in and night out.

Holland was woefully inept at preparing for the departure of #5 and Disco Stu (man that writing was on the wall for a long friggin time).

Meh - what a strange way to enter the season.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 09/08/12 at 11:17 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

What a prankster.  Ha ha ha, like Lidstrom retired…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 09/08/12 at 11:18 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

How long are we going to keep pretending there’s going to be a season?  Saw on Twitter yesterday where Zetterberg fears the whole season will be lost…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 09/08/12 at 12:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Monkey,
and all Michigan fans.  Go o ths address an log in to the Michigan Virtual Tailgate, not quite as god as the Abel to Yzerman Worldwide Map, but pretty cool!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 09/08/12 at 04:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

My word, that’s what it looks like when I don’t profrad thng I type wth th ipad.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 09/09/12 at 10:57 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I need an Eyeore avatar.  Came home from vacation to find the BF had invested in a projection HD tv thing.  He showed it to me (by highlighting a Neil Peart drum solo) and then said, “Imagine watching hockey on that!”

To me saying, “Imagine that there would actually be a season!”

^%$#@ Evil midget troll commissioner

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 09/13/12 at 11:22 AM ET

To me saying, “Imagine that there would actually be a season!”

^%$#@ Evil midget troll commissioner

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 09/13/12 at 11:22 AM ET

BF’s a cool, cool guy.

And yeah, Gary.Ass and his cronies can suck it.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 09/13/12 at 01:02 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

We signed somebody, we signed somebody!!!!!!

Posted by pgoody on 09/14/12 at 09:43 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again—Fuch the NHL!  That is all.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/14/12 at 01:40 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Doanbag re-signed with the desert poodles. Thank dog that douchebag will never wear the winged wheel.

Of course, the way the labor talks are going, it will be a long long time before anyone wears the winged wheel again.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 09/14/12 at 06:39 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Thank you Mr. Bettman, in my tenure on this Earth I have bear witness to two previous lockouts and now an imminent 3rd… thank you for making the NHL and hockey relevant, recognizable, and legitimate. Thanks Gary, Ass.

Posted by pgoody on 09/14/12 at 07:35 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

This league is a fuching joke - -  and the worst bit is that the fans (that’d be us) are the punchline.

It’ll be a long time before these fuchers see my dollars again, or I invest any time or attention.

For a gate driven league (and PA)  to so arrogantly dismiss their paycheck (again) - - it galls me to no end.

I love you bitches, and respect the hell out of the “19” - - but the situation has become intolerable for the moment.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 09/15/12 at 09:38 AM ET

monkey's avatar

+19.

I am going to miss you guys.  It’s been real.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 09/16/12 at 08:05 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Hey Master Chief, how about LB’s for the Lions’ games until the lockout ends?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 09/17/12 at 02:53 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

But remember this: nothing of substance will be posted on A2Y until Gary’s Lockout is over. That’s a guarantee.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 09/17/12 at 04:30 PM ET

Chief, I like the part where you suggest that this place is known for its substance.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 09/30/12 at 02:57 PM ET