Abel to Yzerman

It’s Hard To Speak Optimistically With Chunks Of Vomit Blocking The Muscles You Talk With

We don’t know what a lead looks or feels like.  A powerplay goal is a lottery winner.  A game without injuries is a concept we just don’t understand anymore.  Everything sucks and we’ll be lucky to get the sixth seed instead of the fifth.

The pessimism is pathetic.  The only thing more disgusting is the optimism Blues fans will feel about next year after they lose in the first round this year.

But it’s interesting.  It’s fascinating, really, that a group like us with so much to be gloriously arrogant about could be so collectively suicidal because of a current 5 seed with 9 games to play.

Jimmy Howard could play Saturday, and get 8 games in before the shitstorm starts.

It’s fair to say that Lidstrom would play tonight if this were a playoff game.

As bad as the power play is, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that a two-game stretch of success could get it untracked.

If the Wings slip to 6th, they get Dallas or Phoenix.  If they stay in 5th, it’s looking like Bubba. The latter is not our first choice, but it’s not earth ending.

As good as St. Louis looks, there isn’t one of us who doesn’t believe the Wings couldn’t beat them in a 7-gamer.  That’s just law.  And if they get San Jose in the first round?  No matter how bad the choking Sharks look now, they have the talent to end that wet dream.

This two-month stretch of February has sucked the life from the 19.  But, nothing is over.  Not yet.

Winning tonite is an impossibility.  Or so it would seem. Of all the games the Wings have lost the last month and a half, this ones seems to be the most certain kick to the sack.

Interesting, isn’t it?  Just as we guaranteed glory back in January, we now see nothing horror in our immediate futures.

There’s no way this team can win tonite, or when the playoffs start. The odds are too high, the suck too strong, the injuries too wicked.

And we’ve always been right.  Right?

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  It’s a Live Blog and a perfect time to remind ourselves of one undeniable fact, proven time and again.  These are the Wings we’re talking about, and no matter the circumstances, puppies are always a possibility.  Hookers are always available. Always.  As bad as this is, and it’s absolutely gross, all it would take is a Round 1, Game 1 victory on the road, with two PP goals.  After that? It would be on.  On, I tell you.

Whip it out, Uncle Mike.  Roll the cameras and whip out the Conk.  There’s still a story to be told and wouldn’t it be a good one if the team we know so well suddenly decided to right this sinking barge.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

Never
Never
Never
Give
Up

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/21/12 at 08:05 PM ET

Flames-Wings Final.

Posted by Scooter Kelly from Medicine Hat on 03/21/12 at 08:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches.  You never disappoint, Master Chief.

Even one Pen’s fan(gretzky_to_lemieux) is rooting for us tonite. Hooda thought?

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/21/12 at 08:17 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

There’s still games to be played?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/21/12 at 08:24 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

lay off the pipe there scooter before the emporer drug tests you

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/21/12 at 08:25 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Votes? Emma doesn’t count.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/21/12 at 08:29 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

I’ll be at the game tonight!  Ten rows up behind the Rangers Bench…..I’ll be the guy in the Shirtuzzi!! No gamewrecker here.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 03/21/12 at 08:32 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

best thing to happen in the last seven days? view off the MC’s cv during a sand storm. made it my desktop if that’s ok.

other than that? not so much. found my boat drifting on the lake, lodged into an ice flow. the boat and ice flow are drifting south-west. should run into the cat tail bed by morning if the wind doesn’t change.

even this is better than the last ten red wings games, (3-6-1). i am speechless when it comes to that. i have nothing. when people ask me i just shake my head, and walk away.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/21/12 at 08:34 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

That’s right, Chief.  Anything - ANYTHING - can happen.

LET’S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

That is all.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/21/12 at 08:37 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

A popular sports bar chain is having a contest to replace a month with more March. I hereby nominate February to be replaced with more March.

I hate that fuching month. I hate the forced fauxmance of St. Valentines day (As if I need an excuse shower my wife with affection and to thank my lucky stars to have found a woman as wonderful as she is who is so accepting of a redolent juvenile such as myself.). I hate the fact I have to spin my watch around and around because the stupid month only has 28 days (WTF, they couldn’t borrow a day from January and one from March?). I hate that the days seem so short and that winter seems endless (Yes,  we do have winter in SoCal, just without the sub-zero temps, but 50 is really cold.).

L.G.R.W.

I hear Uncle Mike put a bounty on Lundquist. At least that’s what I said in an anonymous email to Bill Daly. wink

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 08:39 PM ET

slimelord's avatar

LETTT’S GOOOOOOOO!!!!

Posted by slimelord on 03/21/12 at 08:40 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Votes? Emma doesn’t count.
Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/21/12 at 06:29 PM ET

I vote for Stevie Y, just because I still miss Tiger Stadium.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 08:42 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I’ll be on DVR delay since I’ll still be working on getting home from work when the game starts.

At this point, I’m done with despair.  It’s the Red Wings and it’s GAME ON!

Let’s go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/21/12 at 08:42 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I know politics are taboo in this sandbox, but for any of the 19 residing north of the border in Alberta, you have to vote for Danielle Smith.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 08:55 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Dude - - what was floating around in that sandstorm over there?

You are entirely too optimistic - damn you.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/21/12 at 08:57 PM ET

Hi RW faithful. Everything’s OK. Jimmah is beaming. I think they are just resting people and recuperating before the real season starts. Look at the Canucks. Their last ten games (3-5-2) are only one point better than RW and they are not clinched a playoff birth yet either.

Conks will play lights out today. RW will get a win.

Posted by Alex on 03/21/12 at 09:02 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

More misery, the game is on NBC sports-channel, or VS or OLN; whatever they are calling it these days.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/21/12 at 09:04 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/21/12 at 07:04 PM ET

Yea. I pay for Ken and Mickey and I get fuching J.R. and Jonesy. Not to mention whoever is calling the game. I can handle Doc, just hope Olesuck is not part of the duo.

Thanks Gary. Ass.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/21/12 at 09:08 PM ET

A mute button is de rigueur today.

Posted by ALex on 03/21/12 at 09:12 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

LGRW.
No time like now for a measly 2 points.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/21/12 at 09:13 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by
              Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit

on
              03/21/12 at 07:08 PM ET

amen sister

a lot less excited to go home and watch that monstrocity of 2 dingleberries and a douche canoe

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/21/12 at 09:13 PM ET

I feel pity for the RW fans. So much despair with such a rich hockey history. Chin up woeful fans, if you need something to make yourself feel good, look at the future of the other Red team in the Western Conference. Faith in the GM out here as well. Hey your’s IS from here! Yes to Wildrose Party- Denis Polonich

Posted by Scooter Kelly from Medicine Hat on 03/21/12 at 09:17 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by
              Scooter Kelly

from Medicine Hat on
              03/21/12 at 07:17 PM ET

Just catch up on all your DVR’d Doctor Phil?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/21/12 at 09:18 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Yes to Wildrose Party- Denis Polonich
Posted by Scooter Kelly from Medicine Hat on 03/21/12 at 07:17 PM ET

I have know idea what her politcs are. The pic makes me chuckle. The guys wrapping the bus must have had a few laughs.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 09:24 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

We make rookies goalies look like Vezina and Hart candidates. Maybe we can make their Vezina and Hart candidate goalie look like a rookie.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 09:26 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Anyone have a feed?
I’m waiting for the kiddo at baseball practice…

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/21/12 at 09:27 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

got six lined up, waiting to find a FSD feed

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/21/12 at 09:27 PM ET

when people ask me i just shake my head, and walk away.

Posted by TheRealYooper

I know the feeling…  Im usually a spammer on a mail list I have with a few friends, and one of them keeps posting every wings defeat

Needless to say, I’ve been unusually silent the last couple of weeks

Posted by Zqto from Brazil on 03/21/12 at 09:28 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Anyone have a feed?
I’m waiting for the kiddo at baseball practice…
Posted by MOWingsfan19 on 03/21/12 at 07:27 PM ET

Alpha Tango Delta Hotel Echo at Echo Uniform

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 09:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Rangers are a perennial powerhouse? Say what?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/21/12 at 09:32 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Fuching great. The #1 Cawk sucker is with Doc.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/21/12 at 09:34 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

i got a good feeling ‘boot tonight ...

... it’s either that or gas.

anyhoo, ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/21/12 at 09:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Rangers are a perennial powerhouse? Say what?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/21/12 at 07:32 PM ET

I do believe he said, “Rangers are a perennial outhouse”.

Posted by calquake on 03/21/12 at 09:35 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

look at the future of the other Red team in the Western Conference

Calgary?  No thanks.  That future is awfully bleak.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 03/21/12 at 09:36 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

lets
go

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/21/12 at 09:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I do believe he said, “Rangers are a perennial outhouse”.

Posted by calquake on 03/21/12 at 07:35 PM ET

How goes it Quake? How is the fam?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/21/12 at 09:36 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/21/12 at 07:36 PM ET

Red
Wings!

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 03/21/12 at 09:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

How goes it Quake? How is the fam?

I’ll save that for another day.  Let’s just concentrate on 2 fuching points.

But thanks anyway Kate.

Posted by calquake on 03/21/12 at 09:38 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Alpha Tango feed is not switching from soccer. Watching paint dry is more exciting. Anybody have a feed?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/21/12 at 09:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

keep tha faith, CQ.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/21/12 at 09:39 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »