Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Skate To The Throat Kind of Sunday

I’ve never tried to hide what Game 7s do to me.  They make me a wreck, nothing but a shadow of the calm, composed, well adjusted adult I am on most other days.

For fans of other teams, with expectations much lower than ours?  A Game 7 can mean opportunity, a new way of life even.  If they win, oh the rapture.

Us? All we imagine is horror.

So let’s avoid that shall we?

Let’s go ahead and press down.  Slice the mother through and through.  Skate to the throat.  Press down for the sake of domestic animals from Michigan to Malibu.

13 to 12.

9 until Redemption begins.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

Rumbear's avatar

Did not know the Average Joses closed out the Avs.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 04/25/10 at 04:04 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Okay, okay, I get it.  Just pointing out that it’s not a ‘historical’ style.  Sheesh.

Actually you’re dead on.  It’s a very recent phenomenon.  Traditional English IPA, different animal.  But enough of this. Game time!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/25/10 at 04:04 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

we didnt go to OT friday… the hockey gods will make us pay…

Posted by pgoody from the 2nd season, 2010, Howard’s run… on 04/25/10 at 01:56 PM ET

Posted by pgoody on 04/25/10 at 04:05 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I wouldn’t count out Jwill just yet.  Kenny moves in mysterious ways.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:05 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. Lets finish this.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/25/10 at 04:05 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

In Foxborough???

And you told me you don’t watch football.  I think you’re actually from east Detroit.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 04/25/10 at 04:06 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

No Doan. Custance says he was spotted in a hoodie.

Works for me.

Jwil gone for Happy next season.

Works for me.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 04:06 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

3 games to 1…did I hear that ?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 04/25/10 at 04:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Let’s do this.  This little one of mine hasn’t yet lived through a Red Wings loss (in three days here) and I see no reason to start today.

//awesome baby pic//

Posted by Stevis on 04/25/10 at 12:49 PM ET

Congrats(!)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/25/10 at 04:07 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I try to, but it’s kinda hard to follow (no time, mostly). But I try to keep up for fantasy purposes.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 04:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Kronwall shoulda taken the op to “Kronwall” DC(!)

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/25/10 at 04:09 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Wife has decided that now is the perfect time to download Skype, with limited bandwidth and me trying to watch the game.  I’ll be in and out.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 04:09 PM ET

hiero4life's avatar

Close this BITCH OUT!!!!!!  F Milbury F Douche Canoe F Gary!

LGRW!!!!!!

Posted by hiero4life from anywhere i am on 04/25/10 at 04:10 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

I’ll be in and out.

.... eh, that’s too easy.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 04/25/10 at 04:10 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

But I try to keep up for fantasy purposes.

If I had a dollar for every time I said that…

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/25/10 at 04:11 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I’ll be in and out.

Feel like Chandler… too… many… possibilities.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 04:11 PM ET

Andrew,

It’s Birnie Moss, a highly peaty single malt, which is very unlike your typical Speyside,  I prefer that smoky flavor you really only get from the outer isles, and this is pretty good for something from the mainland.

Posted by Hochs from The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland on 04/25/10 at 04:12 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Did Milbury just say that Zetterberg isn’t that good at stick-handling or skating?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/10 at 04:12 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

Z doesn’t shoot the puck that well. Holy Christ.  Milbury has officially said it all now.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 04/25/10 at 04:13 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/10 at 02:12 PM ET

eurotrash…

Posted by pgoody on 04/25/10 at 04:13 PM ET

Make it a Cohiba Robusto, and make sure it’s Habanos SA, not that Dominican papier-mache besmirching their good name.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 02:00 PM ET

Sonofabitch…an Ashton VSG Torpedo, please.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/25/10 at 04:14 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Except “I’m here to tender my resignation”.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:14 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler

Wait until he says Yashin > Z

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 04:14 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Jeeze thisi Zetterberg guy must really suck ass.  Dinglebury sure would make a gret GM huh?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/25/10 at 04:15 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

A 2PM game time on NBC and at 2:15 no puckdrop in sight?  Who’da thought?

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/25/10 at 04:15 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

No fuching around today - - take the Dogs to the Woodshed early and often.

No Doan - - maybe the hockey gods are pleased.

Lets do this.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/25/10 at 04:16 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Bert’s humping the boards.  Does that man know no shame?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/10 at 04:17 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Rafalski on Howard: “he’s more solid every game and getting better”

if he gets any better, he’ll start scoring goals.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/25/10 at 04:17 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

Pierre:  “You guys are older than dick and if you don’t win you’ll die of natural causes before May—how do you close this one out?”

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 04/25/10 at 04:17 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Here we go bitches . . .

LGRW

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 04/25/10 at 04:17 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Does that man know no shame?

Lets hope not - - wouldn’t it be nice to see him steam-rolling today

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/25/10 at 04:17 PM ET

cephalopod's avatar

Damn these sunday afternoon games!  The only thing worse than riding the stress train is riding the stress train with a hangover.  What the hell did I drink last night??

Posted by cephalopod from Chicago...nope, still not over it. on 04/25/10 at 04:18 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

L G R W.

Skate to the throat, press that bastard down….......HARD.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/10 at 04:18 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by Hochs from The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland on 04/25/10 at 02:12 PM ET

I spent the past evening with Mssrs. Dalwhinnie, Oban, Bunnahabhain, JW Blue & a host of others

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 04/25/10 at 04:18 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

.... eh, that’s too easy.

Ah, my cunning plan worked.

which is very unlike your typical Speyside, I prefer that smoky flavor you really only get from the outer isles

Erm, if you want a peaty malt that tastes like an Islay malt, why not just drink an Islay malt?  You can’t say Laphroaig doesn’t bring the peat.  Or do you have an aversion to the saltiness of the Islay malts?

More ads, puck drop nowhere to be seen.  Now THIS is the NBC I remember.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 04:19 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

*Bert humping the boards, Jovanoski looks over at him disgusted*

Bert: You’re next, bitch.  BOOGA BOOGA!

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/10 at 04:19 PM ET

Jeebus, NBC.  It’s already 11:18 am here in Las Vegas and you ain’t dropped the fuching puck already?  Commercials, interview by DC with Rafi, and then you cut to the fuching commercials AGAIN???

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/25/10 at 04:19 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

+19 to the 19.

Let’s roll over this motherfauxing live blog like it’s no one’s business.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/10 at 04:19 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Dive commercial. I love NBC.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 04:20 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

aaaaannnnnnnnnd

here we go(!)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/25/10 at 04:20 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »