Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Skate To The Throat Kind of Sunday

I’ve never tried to hide what Game 7s do to me.  They make me a wreck, nothing but a shadow of the calm, composed, well adjusted adult I am on most other days.

For fans of other teams, with expectations much lower than ours?  A Game 7 can mean opportunity, a new way of life even.  If they win, oh the rapture.

Us? All we imagine is horror.

So let’s avoid that shall we?

Let’s go ahead and press down.  Slice the mother through and through.  Skate to the throat.  Press down for the sake of domestic animals from Michigan to Malibu.

13 to 12.

9 until Redemption begins.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 25 26 27

Nati's avatar

Took my last exam this morning… now I have to find stuff to do to occupy my time till tonight. Probably won’t be around till tonight. And I won’t LB. I will most likely watch the game from a corner, curled up, rocking back and forth, and muttering nonsense. Should be a good night…

sigh…

I don’t do this all very well.

Posted by Nati from school or work, either would apply on 04/27/10 at 09:51 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

-Red Wings’ record in Game Sevens: 12-8
-Coyotes/Jets’ record in Game Sevens: 0-4 (only 1 goal scored)
-this season Wings’ record on games immediately following a 3-goal-deficit-loss: 8-1-1
-Howard’s save percentage on games immediately after giving up 4+ goals: .925
-the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds are on to the second round. The last time the western 4 best seeds advanced to the second round was in 2002.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/27/10 at 09:56 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Okay, okay, I’m being negative…my gut is full of dread.  And a grilled cheese sandwich and some chocolate.  Of course, it was full of sunshine, puppies, hookers, and firetrucks on Sunday, so maybe that’s a good sign.  Except for the sandwich.  I don’t know what it signifies.

No LB for me either…need my sleep for an early flight tomorrow and all-day work.  Probably a good thing—most of my scribblings on Game Sevens consist of the word ‘vibescu’ repeated over and over.  Because of the time difference, I should be able to peek my head in at the tail-end and see the score, provided it hasn’t gone to OT.

Okay, that sandwich is about to come up now that I’ve thought of that.  BRB.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/27/10 at 10:02 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Admiral Ackbar

Haha! I don’t read much into those things (all-time record and the seeds stuff), but the post-loss and post-disasters by both the team and Howard show that that this guys really don’t like to be embarrassed.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/27/10 at 10:04 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Nice stats, Herm.  Let’s just give it to the Wings and not bother to play the game!

Naw, game 7s make life worth living.  Oops I crapped my pants.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/10 at 10:07 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

You’re a stats hound with those, Herm.  Just do me a favor and don’t look up what I said last year before Game Seven about Fleury’s save percentage at the Joe.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/27/10 at 10:07 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Wings in 6.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/27/10 at 10:10 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Coyotes in Hamilton 2012.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/27/10 at 10:15 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Okay, guys, you didn’t like the stats?

The Wigns are 1-4 at road game 7s. Suck it. ( cool smirk )

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/27/10 at 10:15 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Wings score 6.
Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/27/10 at 09:10 AM ET

Kool aid induced repairs performed.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/27/10 at 10:28 AM ET

Primis's avatar

God…. it’s today already isn’t it.

I was hoping I’d feel differently today than I did yesterday.  I don’t.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/10 at 10:58 AM ET