Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Perfect Human Kind Of Day

Paul here in for IwoCPO who told me he probably would not have internet access until Monday.

The Wings face the Sharks today, who are in the midst of a nine game road trip, (they are 1-2-1 so far) and won’t be back home until February 28th.

We do know San Jose has had Detroit’s number lately and the Wings sure want to get that fixed before the playofffs start.

I look for a high scoring game and have a gut feeling Detroit comes out on top.

Detroit will depend on Lidstrom today for their 23 (2+3=5 or TPH) consecutive home win.

It’s a Live Blog, bit****.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

TheRealYooper's avatar

2+3=5

best reason i have read all day for wings win today.

game on bitches.

lgrw

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:03 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I haven’t been awake this early in months. Dedication. LGRW

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/19/12 at 02:04 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Its time to reverse the trend on these Sharts.  LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/12 at 02:05 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Its time to reverse the trend on these Sharts.  LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 02/19/12 at 12:05 PM ET

... I forgot to ask.  You drinking yet bitches?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/12 at 02:07 PM ET

Thanks, Paul.  Figured that Master Chief and his shipmates would be on some sort of radio silence.

Definitely need this game today.  Anything less than a 60-minute full-tilt boogie against the chum is not going to cut it.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/19/12 at 02:07 PM ET

bez, never too early for a Guinness.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/19/12 at 02:09 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Guinness.

breakfast of champions.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:10 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It’s a Live Blog, bitsies!

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/19/12 at 02:10 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Taxiing..game on bitches

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/12 at 02:13 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

NBC FEED from the NBC site.

when ever I use this feed, it is always jerky, and starts and stops. one would think a big company like NBC would be able to stream games much better than a site from the south east Ukraine.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:14 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Exorcise the Les Tiburones.
Send some of that snow here RW. Just cold rain for the umteenth weekend. Had the ac on in the car Friday.
Homer with 2 today. 1 allowed and the other negated by our zebra friends.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/19/12 at 02:14 PM ET

Alzy's avatar

I’m on my phone, so I can’t get the coverage map to load. Can someone tell me, is the Detroit NBC carrying the Wings game? I have NBC out of Detroit and Seattle on my satellite.

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 02/19/12 at 02:19 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

“They’ve beat us every time we played them this year (twice). It must be time to say enough’s enough,’’ Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. “We got to do something about that.’’ .

Lets win this one eh?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/19/12 at 02:20 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Front Row Sports FEED

FREE RED WINGS dot TV FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I look for a high scoring game and have a gut feeling Detroit comes out on top.

It’s a Live Blog, bit****.

Afternoon Bitches.

Once again, Thanks Paul, for keeping er’ goin’. I like your gut feeling.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/19/12 at 02:21 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

97.1 The Ticket Radio Feed

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:22 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Ouch, Cigar Nurse…I was in attendance for the worst negated Holmstrom goal ever, back on December 2nd, 2006: I believe it was O’Halloran who called back a Holmstrom goal when he was 10 feet away from Vesa Toskala.

Niemi combines a Hasekian level of acting with Pekka Rinne’s ability to bump guys and draw calls.

I’ll be back real soon—probably tomorrow—to crank coverage back up and lend Paul a hand as the deadline approaches. In the interim, here’s hoping that the Wings finally prove that they can pass their litmus test and best these damn Sharks.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 02/19/12 at 02:24 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I have a degree of pessimism and doom that usually only happens at playoff time.  I’m so sick of losing to these assholes.  Seriously, no amount of domination would be enough to satisfy me.  I’ll take any kind of win of course, but I feel like a complete, thorough curb-stomping is in order.

LGRW.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/12 at 02:25 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Taxiing..game on bitches

Just don’t play Words with Friends and you’ll be just fine.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/19/12 at 02:27 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Haha, no.  They don’t want you to watch the game online.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/19/12 at 02:28 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I will gladly give you every inch.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/19/12 at 02:29 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

LGRW.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/12 at 02:29 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Haha, no.  They don’t want you to watch the game online.

Too bad for them. Their archaic business model needs to fail, and it will one way or another in the next few years.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/19/12 at 02:30 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I’m stuck with the intertube stream until church on TV is over.  sigh.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/12 at 02:31 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Eh thanks Monkey. Just the snow OK?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/19/12 at 02:33 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I will gladly give you every inch.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/19/12 at 12:29 PM ET

Thats what she said… or wait a second….

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/12 at 02:34 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Wings start at 12:40pm

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:35 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

the NBC sports stream shows the players aren’t even on the ice yet?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/12 at 02:35 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

WHY do I have pitt/ buffalo on my tv screen????????

Posted by Down River Dan on 02/19/12 at 02:36 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by SYF from a “Bron-Y-Aur Stomp” on 02/19/12 at 12:09 PM ET

I was gonna have chocolate milk with my breakfast, but there was no milk… so…

beer it is.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/12 at 02:36 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

WTF.The Shitsburg feed? The neighbor’s pets is dead.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/19/12 at 02:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

No Wings here. I am fuching livid with rage!

Thanks Gary. Ass!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/19/12 at 02:37 PM ET

dougie's avatar

aaaaaaaaaaand I have the fuching Buffalo_Pittsburgh game in my market. For those of you that give a shit, Buffalo scored one minute into the game

Posted by dougie on 02/19/12 at 02:38 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

WHY do I have pitt/ buffalo on my tv screen????????

Do you even need to ask?

Thanks.  Gary.  Ass

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/19/12 at 02:38 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

they should switch to the red wings game soon.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:38 PM ET

To those missing the Wings/seeing Pitts, TheRealYooper said Wings start @ 12 40, I was freaking out too before I saw that. Thanks Yooper!

Posted by LGRWeh on 02/19/12 at 02:39 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Ah yes… the dulcet tones of Kenny Daniels.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/12 at 02:39 PM ET

Same here in Vegas.

I’m getting the Douche Canoe’s fave team.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/19/12 at 02:39 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Game time.  Let’s do this.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/12 at 02:39 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

GAME ON BITCHS

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/19/12 at 02:39 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »