Abel to Yzerman

It’s Not A Rivalry Game Yet

Paul here for the live blog while the other blogger works at what he does and unfortunately, I had to kick RedMenace to the press box because the Wings lost the only live blog he did.

I think half of the Canadian media is at the Joe tonight, of course, following every move Daniel Alfredsson makes.

But as Red Wings fans, we have other things to follow and hopefully we will see some goals from the fellows wearing the winged wheel and the defense remains tight.

FYI, Kronwall is taking warm-ups after suffering a self-inflicted puck wound to his chin and teeth at the morning skate.  He had to see a dentist this afternoon and was considered a game time decision.

So what do you think, does Alfie get one tonight?

No matter, it is a live blog b#%$!&s

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4

stonehands-78's avatar

can we get another score?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/23/13 at 08:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

can we get another score?

Sure.  Talk to my dealer.

Posted by calquake on 10/23/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Babcock says, “didn’t start on time, not tough enough, I really like Smith and Cleary. Sammy is great. Leave No Doubt. FUCH me.”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/23/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Maybe they can put one in their nets for us?

Come on WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/23/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

How indicative is this game of the team? Just an off night or worrisome to you guys?

Little bit of both. Secondary scoring has been nowhere to be seen, but there’s hope for that as Alf and Weiss get comfortable. And then there’s some questionable signings overloading the roster keeping some of the skill out of the lineup.

But its problems with consistency on D that have no solutions in sight that scare most of us I think. The game against San Jose was great for the D. Tonite, not so much. Every other game it seems. This is the youngest and least experienced D corps we’ve had in a long while so you expect growing pains, but not as acute as some of them have been.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/23/13 at 08:54 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Sure.  Talk to my dealer.

Posted by calquake on 10/23/13 at 09:53 PM ET

Any way you could disguise it enough to transport across state lines?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 08:55 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Oh that was great lose/break the stick. Who ever the FUCH that was.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/23/13 at 08:55 PM ET

gowings's avatar

holy shit,

I just came back from work…what the hell is this? A joke? Wow…some respect to Alfie…..he’s going to remember this one….ain’t watching the rest of the game…I think I know where this is going :(

Posted by gowings from MTL on 10/23/13 at 08:57 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Sure.  Talk to my dealer.

Posted by calquake on 10/23/13 at 09:53 PM ET

Any way you could disguise it enough to transport across state lines?

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/23/13 at 09:55 PM ET

Would it help if I drew a mustache on the Package?

Posted by calquake on 10/23/13 at 08:58 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Would it help if I drew a mustache on the Package?

Manscaping is all the rage now.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/23/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Apparently Babbles 2 former Asst. Coaches were the brains behind Babcock…..just sayin.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/23/13 at 09:02 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Get home.

Cook Dinner.

Wife is sick on couch.

Turn on the Gore.

What the *#$%@&?

Now I know why she’s sick. (not really but it sounds good)

Think I’ll find something else to watch.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/23/13 at 09:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

brains behind Babcock

isn’t there a FB page something like that?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/23/13 at 09:04 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m just glad I’m seeing this in October instead of March or April.  However if this continues it may not matter by then.

Posted by calquake on 10/23/13 at 09:05 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

well I guess we just ‘wad this one up and throw it way’.

‘til Sat

g’nite

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/23/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Bent's avatar

That was beyond unpleasant.  I am going to go play a video game to forget about it.  Night all.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/23/13 at 09:07 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/23/13 at 10:07 PM ET

If I didn’t have to redownload the entirety of SR4, I’d be murdering innocent civilians (???) right now.

As it stands, I have to settle for Rift. MMOs just aren’t the same, you know?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 09:23 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

well I guess we just throw up.

‘til Sat

g’nite

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/23/13 at 10:06 PM ET

I know what I’ll be doing!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/23/13 at 09:25 PM ET

You know what this game looked like on the screens at the casino?  Like the product of a grease pit combined with a generous helping of several port-a-pottys at Woodstock ‘90-whenever-that-was.

I barely have a memory of this game.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 10/24/13 at 06:53 PM ET