Abel to Yzerman

I’ll Live Blog This Ugly Truth

The diggers, in all their courageous glory, can’t bring themselves to type it.  They’ll skirt it and they’ll talk around it.  They’ll say everything but what we’re all thinking.  Khan(!!!)?

MLive

The Red Wings aren’t as concerned about who they are playing as they are with how they are playing.

Nicely phrased. Good grammar. Active voice.

And absolute bullshit.

Krupa went all redolent on us this morning.  Breaking down the reasons we should stress:  Helm’s absence, disgusting power play, a team that isn’t used to playing together. He even pulled this one out of his pharmacist’s hat.

DetNews

Pavel Datsyuk is substantially back, too. But he is not yet the whirling-dervish of a forward who is a threat to score or set up a goal.

I guess he skipped the last ten minutes of the Blues game in favor of a Joni Mitchell retrospective.

They won’t say it.  They can’t bring themselves to broach it.  We will. I will.

I hope we lose today. I hope we lose healthy and I hope we lose competitively with Tiberius playing well. But make no mistake, I hope we lose and so do you.

Drew Sharp is a tool, but at least he has the sack to say it, too.

Freep

Today’s loser “wins.”

The loser could fall to the sixth seed and gets the third conference seed, the champion of the relatively underwhelming Pacific Division—Phoenix, Los Angeles or San Jose.

Home or away, I don’t want Nashville. Not in the first round.  A second round matchup? Not too gross because if the Wings get there it will mean they’ve found their game.  And when they find it, they’re the favorites.  But it’s not there yet.  The Wings, as Redolence said, are a work in progress.  It’s a work that will work itself out through a Round 1 matchup, not over four days of practice.

Wings lose today and they’ve got Phoenix, LA or San Jose.  All of them are beatable even with a Detroit team still finding their way.  Nashville is not beatable in the first round. And that’s a fact. Not by us. Not by this team right now.

This pretty much caps off the weirdest season any of us can remember.  A regular season that closes with a game I hope we lose so that we can actually get a lower seed that starts on the road.  That’s just stupid but it’s the reality we fester in today.

So, umm, go Wings. Play well, men.  But not too well.

Live Blog this wack job of a season finale, bitches.  And if agreeing with me betrays the way you’ve been raised here in The Hasek? I get it.  You don’t have to say it.  I won’t make you.  But in the dark places, thinking it is ok because losing to that team today paves the way to 12.  Winning makes our lives a lot tougher over the next three weeks.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Bent's avatar

I wonder if Pee-air is shaking, sweating, and nearly losing control of his bodily functions when he is thinking about having to interview Babcock later.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/07/12 at 02:09 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Come on Chief, you don’t mean that.  Get the hard shit out of the way.  No one is going to test the Wings like Nashville.  If we make it past them in the first round, I say it’s garaunteed SCF.  No one will stand in our way.  Anything else is still a potential cock tease that wasted my april.

Bring on Nashville, we WANT Nashville.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/07/12 at 02:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Keep your head up Nyquil.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/07/12 at 02:10 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Wow, do I hate the NBC crew.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:11 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

NBCS FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/07/12 at 02:12 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Aloha bitches.  LGRW

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 04/07/12 at 02:12 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Tough luck Riley.  LGRW.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/07/12 at 02:12 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Good way to start your NHL career kid.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/07/12 at 02:12 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Wow, not a good start Riley…

Posted by Primis on 04/07/12 at 02:13 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Douche Canoe would like you to know that Jimmy Hayes teeth are broken.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/07/12 at 02:13 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Shehann making his presence felt.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

No blood? Why the 4 minutes?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/07/12 at 02:13 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Bert was smiling at Watson saying I never got 4 minutes from this.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/07/12 at 02:13 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

no blood, and the wings get a four minute pk?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/07/12 at 02:13 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Bert was smiling at Watson saying I never got 4 minutes from this.

I saw that too.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/07/12 at 02:14 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Shut up Canoe. And O’suck.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/07/12 at 02:15 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I love Pavel.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/07/12 at 02:16 PM ET

Bent's avatar

PK thinks the playoffs started.  I like.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/07/12 at 02:16 PM ET

Is there any player’s name they’ve said more than Toews?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/07/12 at 02:16 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I am a bit intrigued by the call from the refs.  I realize the poor dudes teeth are broken, but I thought the rules were pretty specific on the whole 4 minutes thing.  I could be mistaken though.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  Drew Miller on a line with Pavs, and he becomes a 30 goal scorer.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:16 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

So whats up bitches?  Is it even possible for us to be in forth when today is over?  Do we want to be?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/07/12 at 02:17 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Good pp Kill Wings

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/07/12 at 02:17 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Best PK this year.  Though the Hawks are obviously throwing this game.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/07/12 at 02:17 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Best PK I’ve seen in months.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/07/12 at 02:17 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Killed it
Keep it up Wings

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 04/07/12 at 02:18 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

That did not look offsides to me.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/07/12 at 02:18 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

wow. went four minutes on the pk, and allowed only one shot? are these the red wings?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/07/12 at 02:18 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Is there any player’s name they’ve said more than Toews?

Posted by Valek on 04/07/12 at 01:16 PM ET

It’s NBC.  They focus on who isn’t in the lineup.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:18 PM ET

If Jesus Christ himself resurrected on the ice in a Red Wings sweater the NBC crew would barely acknowledge it.

Then again maybe he has, and he wears #13

Posted by LGRWeh on 04/07/12 at 02:19 PM ET

No blood 4-minute high stick, missed offsides call…..looks the officials are throwing this game too.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/07/12 at 02:19 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/07/12 at 01:18 PM ET

They need to dress that squad for the PP.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:19 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Is there any player’s name they’ve said more than Toews?

Posted by Valek on 04/07/12 at 01:16 PM ET

Probably Crosby.

Posted by Primis on 04/07/12 at 02:20 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

That did not look offsides to me.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/07/12 at 01:18 PM ET

That’s because it wasn’t.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:20 PM ET

So the Hawks are missing Toews and Bolland at center, but the Wings aren’t missing anyone, Olsuck?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/07/12 at 02:20 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Now that was off side.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/07/12 at 02:20 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Riley trying to bunt one in.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:21 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Sheahan looks like a stud so far.  I like it.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/07/12 at 02:21 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

And an amateur dentist.  That was frigging funny Doc, I’ll give ya that.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 02:23 PM ET

Bent's avatar

So I vaugly remember hearing about this kid the wings signed, though I had no idea they brought him up to play this game.  Would it kill NBC to say a few words about him so I knew what was going on?  I missed my usual trip around the blogs this morning, so I had no idea who #15 was that took the penalty.

Fuch, figures.