Abel to Yzerman

I Reckon This Is It - Nuclear Combat Toe-To-Toe With The Roosskies - Time For A Live Blog

Seeing as Li’l Gary has nothing to do with tonight’s Canada-Russia game, I thought I might stop by and serve drinks for a live blog.  Watching the kids play winter hockey for all the marbles, while we keep the fire in the belly warm with stuff that might just make you go blind.

That is if the 19 still need a bartender.

I know nothing about what’s happened in this tournament nor the NHL this season other than box scores, and I don’t care.  All I’m looking forward to is watching hockey played by teams who give a fuch, untainted by Li’l Gary Bettman, and hanging out with 19 of my friends.

I’ll finish off with what is either a great quote from Russian literature which describes how I feel about hockey, or it’s Li’l Gary describing his favourite hockey player.  I leave it up to you to decide.

“It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.”

Please get in touch with Jennyquarx about your H2H2 payment, if you haven’t already.  That includes me.

It’s a Live Blog and the drinks will be flowing liberally.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

VooX.  So good to see you posting again, man.

(TBL is getting bitch-slapped.  Only ten minutes into the game, it’s now 3-nil Pens.  Ugh…)

If a feed is needed, clicky.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:21 PM ET

It’s the TSN coverage so therefore the Douche Canoe will be trying to find fresh young meat for a session of tainting.

Yeccchhh…

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:24 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Yup.  First hockey all year and the first thing I hear is DC in my ear.  Fuch my life.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:27 PM ET

TSN reads a text Rosby sent Team Canada:
“You have the whole country behind you.”

For purposes of broadcast time, the rest of the message was omitted:
“...just like I have Li’l Gary behind me giving me a reach around.”

Sweet baby Jesus, I watch 2 minutes of hockey all season and I’m already inundated with the Douche Canoe and Sidney Rosby stories.  Taking this as a random sampling, can I accurately estimate that roughly 85% of this hockey season on TV is full of douche?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:31 PM ET

I’ve completely turned off the TBL/PIT game.  It’s just past the halfway mark of the first period and it’s already 4-nil PIT.

Let’s hope this is a good one despite that bald-headed, bespectacled, fellating retard.  I may have to just mute this game.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:34 PM ET

The Canadian kids coming out to the ice are completely tuned in while the Russians are showing calmness.

Please let this be a great game.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:36 PM ET

Scotty Bowman dropping the puck tonight.  Has he gotten fatter in CHI?

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:38 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Scotty Bowman dropping the puck tonight.  Has he gotten fatter in CHI?

Deep dish pizza is not flattering for a waistline.  But he has a beautiful brain; that sexy beast.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:39 PM ET

CAN Visentin vs. RUS Shikin in the nets tonight.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:40 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Congrats to the USA kids on the bronze today.  I bet they had more than a couple of Michigan boys on the roster.  Don’t tell Dean Lombardi, though.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:40 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Strong pressure by the Rooskies with a couple of good chances.  The good transition by the Canadians led to the hook.  Nice result following some good pressure.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:45 PM ET

PK for CAN.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Canucks (jr) score PP Foal

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/05/11 at 09:46 PM ET

And it’s 1-nil CAN.  Crazy good shot.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:47 PM ET

VooX's avatar

1-0 Canada on a play that could come from the Red Wings playbook.  Body in front of the net and good side-to-side puck movement in the slot.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:47 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by RWBill from The carpet of wet snow of central Virginia. on 01/05/11 at 07:46 PM ET

Evening, bitch.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:48 PM ET

Every time I look at Visentin, he vaguely reminds me of Marty Brodeur.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evening, bitch.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 07:48 PM ET

Hey, a new member, welcome, bitch!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/05/11 at 09:49 PM ET

Stop hitting the fuching glass, retards.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:51 PM ET

VooX's avatar

What pressure by the Canadians in the Russian zone..  Or is that just my recollections of my nights in Russian bordellos?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:53 PM ET

It appears that Ryan Ellison will be the Douche Canoe’s main entree after the game.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:53 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Stop hitting the fuching glass, retards.

After being gouged for parking, they are attempting to grab the attention of the players to panhandle for gas money to get back home to Canada.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

From the chat room in the justin stream I’m watching….

Ballzs: QUEBEC SUCK MY DICK GO BECOME UR OWN COUNTRY BITCH

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/05/11 at 09:54 PM ET

Agree, VooX.  The Russians are just about overwhelmed this entire first period.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 09:56 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by RWBill from The carpet of wet snow of central Virginia. on 01/05/11 at 07:54 PM ET

I believe the Balzs family are great Russian oligarchs.  I put it down to cultural bias.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

man are the Rooskies getting pwned

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/05/11 at 09:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Andrew Cogliano,,,, the wolverine, and another failure of red berensen to coach up to talent (burke)

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/05/11 at 09:58 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Gord Miller provides a decent bit of info that in the last few WJHC games between these two teams, the Canadians scored first.

The Douche Canoe follows up by describing stuff “exploding off the end of Getzlaf’s stick”.

I shit you not.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 09:59 PM ET

VooX's avatar

In WJHC gold medal games Canadians score first, to clarify.  And in Russian bordellos.  Or so I’ve heard.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 10:00 PM ET

I shit you not.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 07:59 PM ET

Well, Douche Canoe would know all about that.  No wonder Getzlaf is losing his hair as well.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 10:02 PM ET

At this pace, Shikin is already my pick for tourney MVP.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/05/11 at 10:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

jeebus, that’s a defensive play from a kid playing for the pride of canada.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/05/11 at 10:05 PM ET

VooX's avatar

The Russians have good puck carrying forwards, but their defence is constantly getting caught flat footed.  If Canada maintains good puck discipline and positional awareness on defence, they should be able to negate the attack and take advantage of the weak D with good outlet passes.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 10:05 PM ET

VooX's avatar

jeebus, that’s a defensive play from a kid playing for the pride of canada.

One helluva play.  And completely legal.  In a Bettman-free league, that is.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 10:06 PM ET

VooX's avatar

2-0 on some great play down-low.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/05/11 at 10:11 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

Wait until you see Stamkos’ epic fail on a penalty shot.

Posted by cs6687 on 01/05/11 at 10:16 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

How are things going in Buffalo, Ontario?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/05/11 at 10:17 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I have tried watching this game, but seriously can’t listen to douche canoe. I muted the sound, but then I am bombarded by shots of people in the stands wearing rosby sweaters, not to mention the NHL Network commercials featuring same.

I guess I’ll go find a streaming radio brodcast somewhere.    sick

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/05/11 at 10:29 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

6-0 for the Pittsburgh Bettmans.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/05/11 at 10:30 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

7-0 pens now, just switched over to the Canada/Russian game 3-0..
Tampa the victim of scheduling,
B2B WAS followed by PIT, on the road….

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/05/11 at 10:46 PM ET