Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Luke Glendening A Hall of Famer

Multi-year deal. About 660 per year. No career goals. A fourth liner with no offensive ability. A mucker, grinder, whatever you want to call him.

And exactly the kind of player this team has signed for years to provide tough minutes against certain players.

Like who?

They get Datsyuk back this week probably. God help us.

There's a hint. A comment from Pens Blog on a post pointing to a likely first rounder between Detroit and Pittsburgh. A matchup they're not exactly thrilled with.

Back on topic, would you expect to see Glendening covering Rosby, exclusively, like Hank did in '08? Not yet. Not this year.  Maybe.  But we all know he gets whiny when teams dare to play him tight.  It's a possibility.

I'm back for my fifth consecutive game, and it will be our fifth consecutive win. I've decreed it.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Riviera's avatar

PBR flowing already - game on bitches.

Posted by Riviera from Phoenix on 04/05/14 at 04:47 PM ET

There he is.  The Craic will flow and the Stress Train will be pulling up any minute now.  Thanks, Chief.

Our.Two.Points.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/05/14 at 04:57 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I like the signing. Luke is doing exactly what he needs to do. And he NEVER coasts.

And I like that the Chief is here again. These two points are ours.

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/05/14 at 05:07 PM ET

Won’t be on the LB today, 19.  I plan on being Guinness’ biggest fan tonight.

Go Wings.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/05/14 at 05:09 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

tanx, Chief.

another “W” tonight would be a nice present, aye?

a solid 60 minutes, boyz.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 05:20 PM ET

TKShreve's avatar

Here we go!!!! The Wings are serving up another signature (second really) late season run into the playoffs.

And I hope those glittered turds in Pitt are starting to feel their signature (and many more) meltdown brewing. I want that matchup actually. Class V. ass…... it would be an early easter basket for me to see those no talent ass clowns dispatched in the first. Oh man, the look on crysby’s face like his depends just sprung a leak would be instant gold I tell ya.

Go Wings!

Posted by TKShreve from East Uptown on 04/05/14 at 05:21 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Spent a few hours at the ballpark today watching the kiddos team win out on a double header and headed back for another tomorrow.  A Wings win would make today a complete success.
Go Wings.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/05/14 at 05:28 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

GJM posted many gems here on TMR for the pre-game.

take a few minutes to check it out.

and ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 05:36 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

UPDATES:
PHI 2 / BOS 5 – Final
WSH 3 / NYI 3 after 2

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 05:47 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Thanks Chief.  Probably won’t make the LB tonight, going to be watching on time delay since we have company coming over.  It’s been great to have you back, an added bonus seems to be the luck you’ve brought.

Let’s go Red Wings!

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/05/14 at 05:49 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Won’t be on lb much.  At the griffins game

Good wings
Goooo griffs

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/05/14 at 06:04 PM ET

So I guess I should assume this 7:00 game is going to start around 7:30

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/05/14 at 06:06 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, bitches, you still need a bartender?

Good to see the Chief back on the blog, how are the land hos treating you?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/05/14 at 06:12 PM ET

Honoring Olympians?  The Habs not had a home game since the Olympics to take care of that?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/05/14 at 06:13 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

So I guess I should assume this 7:00 game is going to start around 7:30

And its a Wings game, so we should assume they’ll stop playing around 9:00.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 04/05/14 at 06:14 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Evening Bitches. I guess these Canucks are going to keep honoring the Olympics athletes cause they are only going to have 1 Canadian team make the playoffs. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/05/14 at 06:16 PM ET

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/05/14 at 07:16 PM ET

I guess I shouldn’t have expected anything different from Montreal.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/05/14 at 06:17 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Griffs scoooore.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/05/14 at 06:17 PM ET

Great, another announcer that can’t tell the difference between the numbers 65 and 55.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/05/14 at 06:19 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

smitty banged his knee…

gut it oot, kid

PP

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 06:21 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

What are I bitching about ? He got can openered.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/05/14 at 06:22 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Go Wings!

Cindy Crysby, the most hated player in the NHL. Would love to see the Red Wings knock him out in the first round.

Posted by bigfrog on 04/05/14 at 06:23 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Chief!

Howdy 19+

Happy Birthday to Paul and Stonehands!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/05/14 at 06:23 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 04/05/14 at 07:14 PM ET

Nice.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/05/14 at 06:24 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Glad to have ya Vooxie. I’ll have 3 NyQuils and put these Fremchies to sleep.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/05/14 at 06:28 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Hockey on a Saturday night, life is good. LGRW!

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 04/05/14 at 06:29 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wow.  The griffins went and got themselves a drumline

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/05/14 at 06:30 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

MONSTER!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 06:32 PM ET

Ludicrous no call on Smith being taken down.  Clown calls starting.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/05/14 at 06:33 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Jimmah Dong x 2

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/05/14 at 06:34 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

U got to be smarter than that Smitty. Kill it

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/05/14 at 06:34 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Gus tracking well

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 06:35 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Jesus lashoff this game has me chugging beers.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/05/14 at 06:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

kilt it

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 06:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ahoy Bitches!

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/05/14 at 06:39 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I find myself hammered, and the Red Wings are playing, Life is GOOD!!

Posted by dougie on 04/05/14 at 06:39 PM ET

VooX's avatar

I’ll be back in 45.  Hopefully the Wings will still be playing then.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/05/14 at 06:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I would say that Glendenning earned $10,000 of his contract on that shift alone.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/05/14 at 06:43 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

get right back boyz

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/14 at 06:44 PM ET

Was about to comment on the Wings losing the puck in the neutral zone or just inside the o-zone way too often…..and it bites them in the ass.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/05/14 at 06:44 PM ET