Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Buffalo an Elite Team

I am not a superstitious person. But I do know facts when I see them, and here is some science:

This is a trap game.  Buffalo sucks but plays hard every night, from what I read and hear. I don't watch them, of course, because I don't watch hockey unless the Wings are involved. But I hear they're rambunctious.

The BJs are one point back, Toronto is two back. Washington 5 back.  Toronto has no chance because they're Toronto. The Caps are imploding because of their captain. The BJs have a shot at the 1 wild card and we want the 1 wild card.  We do.

And the Wings haven't lost since I've come back.  I take full credit. I deserve that credit and demand you give it to me.

How should you give it to me?

Whore style.

It's a live blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

42jeff's avatar

Whore style.

WORD!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/04/14 at 04:43 PM ET

dougie's avatar

How should you give it to me?

I had my heart set on sending you a craft beer assortment, Chief.

Posted by dougie on 04/04/14 at 04:47 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

And the Wings haven’t lost since I’ve come back.

own it, Sir.

Just.
Win.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 04:53 PM ET

Hola to you and your shooters, Chief.  Glad to have you aboard.

This is a trap game.

Really pulled no whore-style punches there.  Oy.

Our.Two.Points.  Earn ‘em, Wings.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/04/14 at 04:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

to click on KK and see this first thing: I NOW Consider Buffalo an Elite Team

well, it made my belly laugh hard, for some reason

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 05:02 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m glad Chief can jump in and start a Live Blog Whore Style at 2:30 in the afternoon.

It’s exactly the kind of shake up this team has needed.  Already lining up the bottles of spirits in front of me in anticipation of the hardest game the Wings have had all year.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/04/14 at 05:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Chief here = Wings win.

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/04/14 at 05:19 PM ET

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/14 at 06:07 PM ET

The Stress Train has arrived on time.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/04/14 at 05:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

btw - thanks, RW.

posted in the GDT, these do help keep things “in perspective” -

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/14 at 12:16 PM ET

and this ...

Right now, 93 points would guarantee a playoff position because only 8 teams can get to that many.

Datsyuk does not need to be the hero or bat clean-up tonight, just do a few Datsyuk things piece by piece.  Others can continue to carry the load, having Datsyuk play 13:00 of Datsyuk would be a great addition to this team.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/14 at 12:22 PM ET

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 05:27 PM ET

Alan's avatar

A solid post. Now, let’s win this thing. Because we should.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/04/14 at 05:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whore style.

It’s a live blog, bitches.

Evenin’ Bitches. Whore-style it is. Cause that’s the way the Chief wants it.

Whatever it takes to make the Playoffs.

Let’s Roll!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/14 at 05:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 06:27 PM ET

Hey thanks, I thought I recognized the graphic!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/04/14 at 05:40 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Hey thanks, I thought I recognized the graphic!

and timeless wisdom!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 05:43 PM ET

Alzy's avatar

I don’t really comment much anymore, but I just have to say, it’s been a delight to read your juvenliciousness Master Chief. You are definitely missed. Not meant to disparage George, Paul, and RedM, but there’s nothing like the prose of the sailor to get you pumped up for the best team in sports.

I would also like to take credit for the W last Saturday against the Make Me Laughs. I’ve now improved my record seeing the Wings live to 5-2-1. And I started 0-2-1. Anybody have season tickets they can lend me as well as tickets to every remaining game, and fly me all over the States, and buy me 16 playoff game tickets?

Dangle Dangle gonna dangle the Sabres outta their dangles.

Dangle.

Let’s Go Red Wings (exclamation point)

Dangle.

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 04/04/14 at 05:45 PM ET

Alzy's avatar

And also, bravo RWBill for the POS (I forget what they were re-named) charts. Toronto’s stagnation coupled with our rise is just a beautiful sight.

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 04/04/14 at 05:51 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Dangle.

Let’s Go Red Wings (exclamation point)

Dangle.

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 04/04/14 at 06:45 PM ET

Nice to see you hanging out tonite. Dangle indeed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/14 at 05:56 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Too bad there’s not a Datsyuk level Dman we could get back form injury right about now.

Posted by Hootinani on 04/04/14 at 05:58 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

And the Wings haven’t lost since I’ve come back.

I NOW Consider the Master Chief Indispensable.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/04/14 at 06:00 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

[I had my heart set on sending you a craft beer assortment, Chief.

/quote]

A that’s alcohol abuse. Send it to me instead.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/04/14 at 06:00 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

And the Wings haven’t lost since I’ve come back.

As Thelma sang, “Don’t leave me this way.”

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/04/14 at 06:01 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Lids is hurt? I didn’t even know he un-retired .

tick-tock ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 06:01 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Chief, would you consider a GM position with the organization?

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/04/14 at 06:06 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

CBJ scores at 1:32 of the 1st ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 06:13 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

CBJ scores at 1:32 of the 1st ...

That’s okay, can’t cheer for the Blackhawks anyway. I couldn’t sleep with myself if I did.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 06:15 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Glad to see Pavel back, but must admit some bitterness about the whole Olympic scenario. i don’t know all the facts, but I never let that stand in the way of having strong opinions about things.

Posted by dougie on 04/04/14 at 06:20 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 07:15 PM ET

agreed

but I’m not cheering for CHI, I’m cheering against the Jackets ... ‘subtle difference’

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 06:22 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Bingo. You know they’re cheering against us, after all.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/04/14 at 06:27 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

‘subtle difference’

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 06:27 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Chief! Howdy 19+

WIN, period!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/04/14 at 06:29 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It’s a great day for a hockey game.  Let’s get this party started… oh, hello chief.

Posted by calquake on 04/04/14 at 06:31 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

So, I see the chief has posted and what greets me but an enormous picture of an enormous tool.

That will be enough of that thank you very much.

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/04/14 at 06:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The wink  from Mickey. Me likey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/14 at 06:32 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan !!!
steal the two points from the elite team..lets go red wings !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/04/14 at 06:32 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Huh? I thought I posted a picture of Edzo, not a picture of my…

...oh…wait ....

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 06:33 PM ET

These lines are starting to look better and better! Let’s Go Red Wings!

Posted by Lidstromfan on 04/04/14 at 06:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

ovie-the-floater scored at 10:12 of the 1st, 1-0 ... go figure

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 06:36 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

ovie-the-floater scored at 10:12 of the 1st, 1-0 ... go figure

I was going to ask if he scored on his own net, but that would have meant he actually entered his defensive zone.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 06:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

gameon

(CHI ties it, 1-1)

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/14 at 06:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Geezo, have to download an update for the Xbox so I can watch this game in HD. That’s okay I will catch up and it is usually two or three minutes late anyhow

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/04/14 at 06:40 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Think I might join in witchyou folks this evening.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/04/14 at 06:41 PM ET