Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Brian Lashoff A Hall Of Famer

You couldn't have been surprised.  Go back and watch the game.  The Poultry Priority was clearly DeKeyser.  They ran him, pressured him and finally knocked him out for the series.  It's sound.  And Brendan Smith can expect the same treatment. So can Kindl and Lashoff.  It's what smart people do to young men.  Well, we're talking about Bruce Boudreau here. It's obvious enough that even an idiot can figure it out.

Half of Detroit's defense wear bibs.  They drool and make toddler mistakes.

Meanwhile, Ken Holland's big offseason signing continues to sit.  Ian White continues to stew and seethe.  And you know he is.

And our Uncle Mike doesn't give a single shit about that.  Not one.

He's a free man, Babcock.  No one expects the Wings to do jack squat during this playoffs that will end around Chief's Initiation time (August).  As a result, he can do whatever the hell he wants. He can experiment. He can get young kids time in situations they'd never, ever, not ever experience anywhere else.

And it's genius.  He's a genius and we'd better all recognize it.  Nobody else would do this.  Absolutely nobody would sit White and Colawhogivesafuch in favor of...Brian Lashoff?  You literally have to laugh at the balls on Babcock.  Fantastic.

Dan Bylsma is losing his mind right now.  He hasn't slept since the, um, Islanders erased a 2 goal deficit, then beat the UNBEATABLE Pens on a typical Fleury goal.  A couple of them actually.  And Fleury could very well be broken, too. Watch his reactions.  Warming, like urine in a snowmobile suit.

Mike Babcock had cocoa last night, played some Boggle and is still asleep, enjoying the slumber of a stress-free man.

If the Wings advance, they face Chicago. No ifs, ands or shivers about it.  That's a tall order and Uncle Mike is well aware.  Step outside our 19-sided box and consider what he's thinking.  This series, and the next, is a postseason primer for the next five years.  Nyquist's game winner is collateral for that kid. In the right spot, in the perfect time, to receive a glorious pass from a guy who chose that moment to bring us what amounts to a five-million dollar toe drag.  Every minute every Wing sees in this playoff (with the exception of the Cup Holders who've seen every conceivable playoff situation) makes this team better by a whole lot in the coming years.

This defense, our "weakness", is going to be one of the league's best next year. Unbelievable when you consider who we just lost.  Unbelievable.  The offense will need to be discussed because good men are aging. But the pharmacists tell me that nifty teams build from the blue line out and Tick Tock has been building, right under my nose apparently.

James Fuching Howard had a horrendous third period.  Horrendous.  And it's worrisome because he hadn't been that shaky the entire regular season, all 11 games.  Yes, he was rescued.  But the pets never should have been in danger.  Oh, I know.  DeKeyser was hurt.  The defense absolutely collapsed.  Getzlaf's idiotic backhander fired them up.  But it still shouldn't have happened and that implosion falls on Howard.  It just does and that's why he got paid what he did, when he did. How he performs tonite is what we should expect the rest of his career. He either comes back very strong or he's shaky again, affected by Game 2.  It's going to tell us just what kind of playoff goalie we have, and will have in the future.

I've scheduled a Live Blog this evening, just FYI.  It's Saturday and you have no lives.  I'd recommend you start prepping very early.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3

RWBill's avatar

klnak

that’s supposed to be klink.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 05/04/13 at 03:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m going to go spend some time with myself in the shower, whore-style.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 05/04/13 at 03:11 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I remember the good old days when A2Y comments were actually fun to read. Sigh. I’m goin to try to not break too many things in the kitchen tonight while listening to the game. Hint: if we score I fail.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/04/13 at 03:12 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Hey Bill, in about a month I’m gonna need you to move mine to right smack dab in the middle of Oregon.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/04/13 at 03:14 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/04/13 at 04:01 PM ET

good work, RWBill.

aluminum foil hat bitches at the first H2H

see the grey beard standing, counting some bills for refreshments, at the top of the pic?

that’s me cheese

(I didn’t realize my #13 Winter Classic jersey made me look so ... “fat” .)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 03:28 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Some of you have warned me, isn’t it risky getting personal information from bitches on the web?  Could be, I suppose.

Even if you are a snarky, murderous, psycho Bitch, I want you to feel at home with me.  We’ve all seen some things, done some stuff.  Let me make it better.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 05/04/13 at 03:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/04/13 at 04:12 PM ET

Use Ignore, it still can be !!

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 05/04/13 at 03:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 05/04/13 at 04:14 PM ET

Yo!  I saw that!  Where are you going, Bend?

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 05/04/13 at 03:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

(I didn’t realize my #13 Winter Classic jersey made me look so ... “fat” .)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 04:28 PM ET

Playoffs!  I don’t even know who number 61 is on MY team!  Great interview.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 05/04/13 at 03:35 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 05/04/13 at 04:14 PM ET

Yo!  I saw that!  Where are you going, Bend?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/04/13 at 04:31 PM ET

Somewhere there abouts.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/04/13 at 03:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Playoffs!  I don’t even know who number 61 is on MY team!  Great interview.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/04/13 at 04:35 PM ET

speaking of great interviews ...

Video- John Tortorella With One Sentence Answers After Today’s Game

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 03:57 PM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

RWBill,
You are one funny fuker.  I wish we had two more of you in here.

Lets Go Red Wings
15 to 12

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 05/04/13 at 04:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

HI Ken.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 05/04/13 at 04:19 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

RWBill - wow.  Great work!  I love seeing how far flung my favorite fake Red Wings fan friends are!

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 05/04/13 at 04:21 PM ET

]

I’m going to go spend some time with myself in the shower, whore-style.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/04/13 at 04:11 PM ET

.....walkin the dog…..

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/04/13 at 04:26 PM ET

.....it would a very good thing if any of the rest of you bitches would identify yourself on that group shot….nothing like knowing what your fake friends look like…..those who haven’t met already…..

....that’s your assignment class….papers, please…..

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/04/13 at 04:31 PM ET

calquake's avatar

And WestWing, if you’re out there Oregon is getting another full blown Wingaholic.

Oh the humanity. cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 05/04/13 at 04:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Just below Stonehands to the left… turned away from the camers… the old fuch without the tinfoil is me.  Gramps or Hockeytown Todd is to Stoney’s right below with the Red Wing eyepatch.  Next to Gramps on the right, one row up is Nate.  And that might be Jennemy of the Skate, in black, directly below Stoney.  Okay I did my part bitches.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 05/04/13 at 04:47 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Bill, you crazy mofo. The map is impressive.

If you’re not too “spent” when you get out of the shower, you can add me to the Salers in Grand Rapids. And I think Vlad16 and bezukov are from The Furniture City as well.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/04/13 at 04:58 PM ET

klank's avatar

lucky man, ITDeuce… the land of Deschutes Beer.  yum.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/04/13 at 06:05 PM ET

Stevis's avatar

Bill, I’m in Arlington, VA

Posted by Stevis on 05/04/13 at 06:18 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

RWBill, if you could put me on the map, I would love it
I live in Sao Paulo - Sao Paulo - Brasil.
Its just a bit to the southwest from Herm!

Thanks a bunch
=D

Posted by Zqto on 05/04/13 at 06:20 PM ET

Sal's avatar

I’ve been lurking ‘round this place since before the Chief joined the Empire. The Punch in the Face sent me looking for someone who understood my pain, and AtoY fit the bill. I’d be mighty grateful if you added Knoxville, TN to the map. AtoY got its start in this state; might as well have someone still living here be on it.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 05/04/13 at 06:22 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I now consider Brian Lashoff a Hall of Famer.

Me too, Chief.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/04/13 at 06:35 PM ET

.....not after the dagger inducing gaffe,....as he showed his credentials as an undrafted free agent….that freakout giveaway of his could be a series loser… the one where he passed his partner into double coverage, just to be rid of the puck…...a play, contrary to all the guff he gets, a play that white would not make…..we’ve all had a warm and fuzzy relationship with lashoff so far, but this was a telling moment in his career….his hot potato move tonight was every bit as telling as wally’s move in overtime….just 180 degrees distant….

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/04/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Damn.  I have been gone waaaay too long.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 05/09/13 at 10:46 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3