Abel to Yzerman

Home Sweater Rank

Jace Mallory of the Sporting News ranks the home sweaters for all of the NHL teams.

The Red Wings come in 3rd.

The Detroit Red Wings' uniforms have always been one of the best in the league and it helps that the team is successful, historically, without deviating from their on-ice look. For Original Six teams, tradition plays a major role in their jerseys - and this one really hasn't changed since 1926.

the other teams, the NYR take the 1st spot...

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Obviously subjective, but I was surprised to see who’s #4.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 08/20/19 at 11:58 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Agreed SYF and how about Montreal at #17?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/20/19 at 12:00 PM ET

Agreed SYF and how about Montreal at #17?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/20/19 at 01:00 PM ET

Awful, Boss.  I would have ranked MTL at #1 or #2.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 08/20/19 at 12:52 PM ET

Toronto and Montreal are WAY too low and Minnesota is far too high.

Obviously subjective, but I was surprised to see who’s #4.

I would’ve assumed it’s am minority opinion, but I actually like their duds. That said, number four? Dunno about that…

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 08/20/19 at 12:56 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Pittsburgh’s ugly uniforms should be near the bottom. I agree on the Slackhawks being up there. I would rank the Slackhawks at 1, Red Wings 2, Maple Leafs 3, and Montreal 4th. cool smile

Posted by bigfrog on 08/20/19 at 05:40 PM ET

All these lists really begin at the #7 position, following The Original Six.

Posted by mc keeper on 08/20/19 at 08:15 PM ET

Primis's avatar

All these lists really begin at the #7 position, following The Original Six.

Posted by mc keeper on 08/20/19 at 09:15 PM ET

Nah I find NYR and BOS’s to be fairly overrated.  But I agree that 4 of the Original Six will forever be the Top 4.

Really?  #5?  No, just… no.

Posted by Primis on 08/21/19 at 11:15 AM ET

Nah I find NYR and BOS’s to be fairly overrated.

Boston’s is overrated for sure.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 08/21/19 at 11:54 AM ET

Steeb's avatar

I’ll agree that the Rangers’ sweaters are kind of classic, but #1? Think about the design process for those (circa 1925):
Designer: What are the team colors?
Rangers Guy: Red and blue.
Designer: What’s the team called?
Rangers Guy: Rangers.
Designer: How about “Rangers” in red on a blue sweater?
Rangers Guy: Brilliant!