Abel to Yzerman

Holy Hell The Hills Are Filled With Fire

Okie was on the money yesterday when he got the Aerosmith/Stress Train reference three minutes after the Live Blog posted.  He was right again this morning when he pointed out that three games in four days means all the glad could very well  be turned to sadness so very soon.

We are in for so much trouble today.  The Defending Stanley Cup Champions are in town and the horror is too thick to type about.  The Wings are tired, so very tired.  Gary's made them play so much hockey in such a short period of time and now we get The Champs.  JFC. RSV.

Winning this game is just too much to ask.  RWBill wants to know how much PK/PP energy our two leaders expended yesterday?

7:33 of special minutes for Datsyuk, 7:29 for Zetterman.  Tired, tired, tired.

The Champions haven't played since Thursday.  It's too much to ask.  Too tall an order.  Our boys are exhausted, tuckered out, the strain is too much and the train is full of drunkards, worried and unclean.  The imperfect storm has finally arrived. God help us all.

Wings win 3-1.  Wally, White and...Stirs Shit With Massive Wooden Spoon.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

42jeff's avatar

LGRW!

WIll miss the beginning of the LB, but I’ll be there in spirit and on my phone.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/10/13 at 11:31 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

DAMMIT!  I knew that was going to happen!  I even checked before I posted on the GDT and there was no LB thread yet.  As soon as I put this on the GDT the LB popped up.  So I’m going to repost myself, yet again, bitches.
________________________________________________

Least expected stat:
Detroit leads St Louis with identical records due to head to head competition.  Who among us woke up on Jan 20 to think that was going to happen in 10 games?

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/10/13 at 11:34 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

RWBill wants to know how much PK/PP energy our two leaders expended yesterday?

7:33 of special minutes for Datsyuk, 7:29 for Zetterman.  Tired, tired, tired.

You, sir, are a Wizard.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/10/13 at 11:35 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I doubt Calquake will get back from Biker Breakfast at Neptune’s Net out in Ventura on the PCH in time for the game.

What am I talking about?  Calquake won’t roll out of bed by game time?  smile

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/10/13 at 11:39 AM ET

peiz11's avatar

I have no hope today. Having said that I had no hope Thursday or yesterday either so maybe I’m onto something.

LGRW!!

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 02/10/13 at 11:43 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/10/13 at 11:34 AM ET

Holy balls…how on earth did I miss the Cawks performance so far this season?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/10/13 at 11:45 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

RedWings.nhl.com has the Wings projected lines:

Brunner - Zetterberg - Franzen
Cleary - Datsyuk - Filppula
Andersson - Abdelkader - Tatar
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Lashoff
Ericsson - White
Turnstile - Kindl

Jimmy Howard

I have no clue if the Wings will show up, or not.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/13 at 11:46 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

One of you bitches please post a link for a feed.  I’ll be missing the first 30 minutes of the game till the local NBC affiliate picks it up.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/13 at 11:47 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Chief and Okie - many thanks!

I think low (or no) expectations is the way to go this season.

I won’t be in the LB today.  I’m going to watch the first period, then tape the rest to watch later.  Going to check out a women’s lacrosse game at the local college.

Whatever team shows up today…

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/10/13 at 11:53 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

How does one make a link pop up? Like say I want to use FEED and if you click it, it’s the link.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/10/13 at 11:53 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

P.S. Chief - The Yardbirds did “The Train Kept a Rollin’” way back in the cosmic dust age, before Aerosmith.  smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/10/13 at 11:54 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Highlight FEED then use the <a> key to paste the url

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/13 at 11:55 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

FEED

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/10/13 at 11:57 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

If that doesn’t work for you. I suggest going to vipbox.tv Once you go there, you’ll figure it out. wink

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/10/13 at 11:58 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Thanks Rorschach

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/13 at 12:05 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Sure thing.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/10/13 at 12:06 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/10/13 at 11:54 AM ET

Wait a tic…Aerosmith re-did that?  My life has been thrown for a bit of a loop, Ms. Winger.  I need to think about that for a second.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/10/13 at 12:09 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Whoa…and I’ve learned something new and important today.  Thanks Ms. RedWinger

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/10/13 at 12:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I have no clue if the Wings will show up, or not.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 02/10/13 at 11:46 AM ET

Working on mysteries without any clues. Lets Roll. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/10/13 at 12:20 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Routine is good, rust is bad mmmmmmmmmmkay. Routine is in favor, you weather the first 10 minutes and your on the horse. Z nets one, and the Mule stomps one in. Someones gettin Kronwalled today.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/10/13 at 12:20 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Howdy All!  Hoping for a good game, good energy, good pucks in the net, good PP’s!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/10/13 at 12:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

@Ms.RedWinger. Love the Yardbirds reference. The Cosmic Dust looks real good on you.

“You wear it well. Madam Onassis, got nothing on you.”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/10/13 at 12:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Here is to hoping DET have sea-legs today.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/13 at 12:25 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks Ms. RedWinger

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/10/13 at 12:11 PM ET

You’re welcome!  1965 it was - gawd I’m old.

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/10/13 at 12:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Here is to hoping DET have sea-legs today.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 02/10/13 at 12:25 PM ET

Here is to hoping DET has anything today. Im’ma hoping the young-ins are a big boost to the energy on the ice. They don’t know aboot being tired and old.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/10/13 at 12:32 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/10/13 at 12:24 PM ET

Awwww…Kate.  Thanks!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/10/13 at 12:33 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Missed the LB Saturday. Was in Houghton looking at all the sculptures done by the Michigan Tech students. There was a campus wide party the night before, so some of the sculptures were slightly trashed, and the temperatures were 38 so snow/ice melt was to be seen everywhere. The ice bar and speaker stands were all made out of ice/snow. Must have been some party.

And since we were so close, and the wife had never been we went to the edge of the earth and drove to the end of U.S. 41 kinda neat seeing the road just end and a turn around on a U.S. highway.

Listened to the game on XM so it was all good. Now comes the second half of a back to back. Is it too much to hope for a win?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/10/13 at 12:35 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

All the happy mushy love..

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/10/13 at 12:36 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Good morning from the left coast.  Good to be back after a hiatus due to schedule conflicts.  A Detroit win today makes absolutely no sense, but there is a staggering list of things that make no sense to me.  Let’s do this.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/10/13 at 12:37 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Doc makes me wanna stab my own ears..

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/10/13 at 12:37 PM ET

Ah….triumvirate of suck…..how I did not miss you.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/10/13 at 12:38 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Good morning all.

Train kept a rollin was a blues song from the 40s or 50s. I forget who did it originally. Almost all the best rock songs were originally blues songs.

Why is douche canoe talking about the cawks?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/10/13 at 12:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What am I talking about?  Calquake won’t roll out of bed by game time?  smile

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/10/13 at 11:39 AM ET

What you talkin aboot Willie?  I was a wee bit slow getting up this morn, mostly due to celebrating the better halfs B-Day last night.  I eschewed the ales for martinis and vino.  Woke up mostly intact today.
All I can say is: LGRW

Posted by calquake on 02/10/13 at 12:41 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Doc makes me wanna stab my own ears..

I just knew we would get this crew too, can’t stand them either.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/10/13 at 12:41 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Almost all the best rock songs were originally blues songs.

A good number of them were, Capt.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/13 at 12:42 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Jinnah!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/10/13 at 12:42 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Jimmah!!!

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/10/13 at 12:42 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Not exactly a strong start.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/10/13 at 12:43 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Kronwall, leading the team in PIM’s.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/10/13 at 12:43 PM ET