Abel to Yzerman

Hey Pinky…We’ve Missed You Big Boy

In case you’d forgotten, this literary genius doesn’t like you.  Not one bit.

image

I’ve got to tell you. Over all these years, tens of thousands of posts, a million PBRs, and countless contentious discussions with bloggers from other towns, writing about teams inferior to ours…laying waste to Hockey Wilderness’ Brian Reynolds was some of the most fun we’ve had.

Let’s take a stroll back to the A2Y archives and pull out a couple highlights.  And remember, this whole ditty started because Big Pinky was downright tearful that the Wild weren’t giving him The Access he damn well deserves.  Like our pal Dater, he wants…no he craves…the chance to “bond” with his heroes.  Pinky believes that bloggers should be right there asking the tough questions, drilling down and drilling deep.  And, don’t forget, Pinky felt it was dirty men like me that kept him from fulfilling his locker room fantasies.

Thank you IwoCPO, and From Abel to Yzerman for ensuring that NHL teams always have plenty of ammunition to use when denying credentials to bloggers who actually have some professionalism. We appreciate it.

You’re welcome Pinky. You were welcome on my birthday in 2009 when you wrote your little manifesto and welcome you remain to this day.

Oh did we blast him that day. We pelted him with juveniliciousness in the post and then you absolutely hammered him that day, and for many, many days after in comments.  Pinky comes up at the oddest times.  He’s the gift that just keeps on giving.  We appreciate you Pinky, you bloated self-righteous mound of a man.  Thank you for all you do every day.

I have no idea whether Big Pinky has his coveted access yet.  I hope he does, because we want him to be happy. Especially since his team, you know, sucks ass.  But Pinky? Don’t forget what you are, son. Don’t ever forget one of our first descriptions of you.

Ned Beatty on a crusade.

You got a real pretty mouth, Pinky. And in case I didn’t tell you three years ago? Nice hat, dipshit.

Now go ahead and suck on this Live Blog.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

PP still shooting from the point.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:43 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Homer back on the #1 PP - - bout time

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 07:41 PM ET

Agree.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/02/12 at 10:43 PM ET

Nothing on the PP.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:44 PM ET

Abber nearly finishes.

Into the net, boys.

Nate A's avatar

PP still shooting from the point.

But they’re working the puck low first so they’re clear shots tonite. Big difference

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 10:44 PM ET

I’m glad Clutterbuck doesn’t play for Columbus.  He would have had 72 hits all by himself Tuesday night.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/02/12 at 10:44 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Minny’s D about as pourous as SpongeBob tonight

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 10:44 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’ve got an official, paid for NHL feed, and it’s behind the illicit feeds?

RUSRS?!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:44 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Holy shit the Wings came to play tonight, huh.  Evening bitches.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/02/12 at 10:44 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

wow that Picture in Picture look on the wild feed is really distracting.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 10:45 PM ET

Good play, Q.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:45 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Nice play from #2 - playing the body.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 10:45 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’ve got an official, paid for NHL feed, and it’s behind the illicit feeds?

RUSRS?!

You expect less?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 10:45 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Nothing on the PP.

Posted by SYF from fashionista dougie’s drunken iPhone on 03/02/12 at 07:44 PM ET

Greedy bastard.  They didn’t give up a short-hander—‘the hell more do you want??

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/02/12 at 10:46 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by SYF from fashionista dougie’s drunken iPhone on 03/02/12 at 07:45 PM ET

Oi, you’re gonna have to delay your comments by about 20 seconds or so, broseph. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

DAmn Abdelkader almost scored.  I don’t know if I’d suck his cock too but I’m sure my daughter would.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/02/12 at 10:46 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’ve got an official, paid for NHL feed, and it’s behind the illicit feeds?

All according to plan.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 10:46 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

You expect less?

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 03/02/12 at 07:45 PM ET

Sadly, yes.

I don’t know why, but yes.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:46 PM ET

Happy needs to do a better job of managing that puck down low.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:47 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I laughed.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 10:47 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I don’t know if I’d suck his cock too but I’m sure my daughter would.

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/02/12 at 07:46 PM ET

WOW

Just… WOW. If I’m ever able to talk about my daughter like that… haha.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:47 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I don’t know if I’d suck his cock too but I’m sure my daughter would.

It’s good to have a daughter you can be proud of.

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 10:47 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Happy needs to do a better job of managing that puck down low.

Posted by SYF from fashionista dougie’s drunken iPhone on 03/02/12 at 07:47 PM ET

Dude, 20 seconds. Seriously.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:48 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

00:35 Valtteri Filppula (20) Backhand - Assists: H. Zetterberg (38) & N. Kronwall (15)

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/02/12 at 10:48 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Wow.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 10:48 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

calquake's avatar

I don’t know if I’d suck his cock too but I’m sure my daughter would.

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/02/12 at 07:46 PM ET

WOW

Just… WOW. If I’m ever able to talk about my daughter like that… haha.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 07:47 PM ET

It’s a contraceptive thing… you wouldn’t understand.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 10:48 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/02/12 at 07:46 PM ET

Geez, Bill is in rare form 2nite.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 03/02/12 at 10:48 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/02/12 at 07:46 PM ET

OK, I wasn’t THAT late… what the hell did I miss?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/02/12 at 10:49 PM ET

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 07:46 PM ET

Duuude…

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It’s a contraceptive thing… you wouldn’t understand.

HAHAHA- You’re lucky your father’s not a dog!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 10:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/02/12 at 07:46 PM ET

And I would approve.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/02/12 at 10:50 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I love the Bernstein commercial with “PENALTY BOX” lettering on the glass. Because even though Mick points to the area and says “penalty box,” by God, there are some stupid people out there apparently.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:50 PM ET

Wings on the PP again.

Me.  Greedy Bastard at it again.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:50 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Who the fuch thought about adding pumpkin flavor to beer? I hope there is a special pool of xtra hot brimstone in hell for them.

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 10:51 PM ET

It took them only 1/2 a PP to gain the zone finally.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:51 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 10:51 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

what did the wild announce say Z did? some sort of figure skating move?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/02/12 at 10:52 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 07:51 PM ET

Agreed, it is NOT tasty.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:52 PM ET

Homer’s wearing the “A” tonight.  Noyce.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:52 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »