Abel to Yzerman

Hey 19! Wake Up, It’s Noon, Time For A Game

I've heard rumors some of you enjoy a few adult beverages here and there, especially on the weekend, so this is my attempt to get you up and ready for puck drop at 12:37ish pm EDT.

Howard starts, Gustavsson's groin a problem so Mrazek backs-up.

I don't anticipate any changes to the lineup but since no morning skate today, we won't find out until just a few minutes before the game starts.

The Rangers look a little different since the Wings last played them, Martin St. Louis in, Ryan Callahan out.

Lundqvist in goal and the Rangers ar 6-3-1 in their last ten games.

Detroit is now 5 points behind the 3rd place Toronto Maple Leafs in the Atlantic Division but do have 2 games in-hand.

The Wings also trail the Tampa Bay Lightning, the first wild card team by 3 points but have played one less game than the Bolts.

Four teams are looking up at Detrot, all within 1-4 points behind the Wings.

So another can't afford to lose game will be played today.

Tighten up the defense boys, score some goals, leave Broadway with a win.

Simple!

Enjoy the live blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5

Little Redhead's avatar

Very disappointing Matinee, for sure…

Ya All Take Care!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/09/14 at 02:52 PM ET

Forgettable.

Later, 19.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/09/14 at 02:53 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

later, 19

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/09/14 at 02:53 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Well, that’s two-and-a-half hours of my life I’ll never get back.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/09/14 at 02:53 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Agreed, monkey.

Posted by Bill from GR on 03/09/14 at 02:53 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I wish Henke could play for Us???  Back to the pool side for a cold beer,..c ya!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/09/14 at 02:55 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Wish I could say “I fell asleep in the first and just woke up” but I can’t.

Pretty bad game by the Wings, looked like they were playing on big ice.

Remember the feeling, get ready to play the BJs on Tuesday in Columbus.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/09/14 at 02:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

There are 32 teams in this league…

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/09/14 at 01:34 PM ET

Wait…did I miss something over the weekend?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/09/14 at 03:04 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Losing is a team effort.

Posted by calquake on 03/09/14 at 03:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

That 3rd goal looked offside to me no excusing Jimmahs efforts. Meh. Can’t win em all especially on a Sunday afternoon in Gary land

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/09/14 at 03:19 PM ET

Next time tell the team to wake up.

That or roofie Lundqvist the night before.

Posted by maltby18 on 03/09/14 at 05:02 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Just got home and watched the game.  Not only was it a terrible game by the wings, I don’t think I have ever heard the NBC team be so terrible.  How is Olczyk still employed?  We get it, you think the Wings are cheaters.  Lay off it.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/09/14 at 05:04 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Eddie OldChick drinking game rules:

Participants must take a drink for any of the following.

1. “Forehand, backhand” - this one alone will get you drunker than a loon.
2. “subtle interference” - seems to be used only in games involving the Red Wings, but trust me you’ll be blasted by the first intermission.
3. “legal interference” - see above.
4. “shoulda been a penalty on (fill in name of Detroit player)” - better have lots of booze on hand for this one.
5. any mention of a Detroit goal that went in the net because it “hit a patch of ice” - special rule, two drinks for this.

I encourage all 19 of you bitches to add your favorites.

Hilarious. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Posted by bigfrog on 03/09/14 at 06:27 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

So with all the analytics and sabremetrics and all the crazy stats in all the major sports does hockey have anything like that?? What I mean is I was just thinking about the goals Howard has allowed and I feel like he lets in a lot of 5 hole goals… it might just be perception but I’m wondering if there is anywhere that tracks what location goalies allow goals… As in, 5-hole, glove high/low, stick high/low… Just wondering, i think it would be pretty interesting…

Posted by pgoody on 03/10/14 at 11:15 AM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

… Just wondering, i think it would be pretty interesting…

Posted by pgoody on 03/10/14 at 11:15 AM ET

I think Howard’s would light up like a Christmas tree this year.

Posted by Bill from GR on 03/10/14 at 01:15 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

h fuch you Oldchick! Fuch you with a red hot iron rod you pig-ignorant shit-fer-brains *#$%@&.  Fuch you and your fuching not-so-subtle fuching interference with good and decent people trying to a enjoy a hockey game.  And fuch you NBC for continuing to make us put up with this stupidity.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/09/14 at 12:55 PM ET

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 03/10/14 at 06:00 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

Still with the subtle interference?  Nothing about the obvious blatant interference right before the Rags goal?  What worthless biased announcing.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/09/14 at 01:27 PM ET

No shit.  This has gone way beyond annoying.  There are 32 teams in this league and every damn one of them engage in interfering with the flow of the game through the neutral zone every single game.  Why?  Because the NHL allows it.  To single out one team, not once, not occasionally, but over and over and over and over and over is just stupid, unimaginative and shows that someone pretty clearly has an agenda.

It’s time we all just shit-bomb NBC and say “enough” to this ass-clownery.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/09/14 at 01:34 PM ET

LETS DO IT !!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 03/10/14 at 06:09 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  <~write them here LET THEM KNOW WE’RE SICK AND TIRED OF EDZO

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 03/10/14 at 06:18 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5