Abel to Yzerman

Helm Yes…So Far

Baby steps.  Good news from TC.

More important than Alfredsson. More important than Weiss.  A healthy Helm is the absolute key.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Right on that, Skipper.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/10/13 at 04:41 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Lets be honest guys, Helm will never be 100% again…

Posted by pgoody on 07/10/13 at 10:11 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

He’ll be a 110%!

Posted by pgoody on 07/10/13 at 10:12 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Go slow, Darren.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 07/11/13 at 02:45 AM ET

Wasn’t yesterday basically check in/physical day?

Thursday is when the on-ice stuff starts, and it has already been reported that Helm is only taking part in the 1st, of two on-ice workouts taking place today…..

Helm is still nowhere near ready to go at this point.

Posted by Matt_in_MI on 07/11/13 at 09:51 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

My greatest wish right now, where the Wings are concerned, is for Helm to get well and get back - not only for the Wings, but for him.  It would be devastating for him if his hockey career were to be cut short.  I know the trainers won’t let him overdo, so I’m just hoping.

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/11/13 at 10:53 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Helm is still nowhere near ready to go at this point.

Posted by Matt_in_MI on 07/11/13 at 09:51 AM ET

I believe that’s why the narrative says ” baby steps “.  No one has asserted he is full on ready.  He hasn’t even been conditioning since the Chicago series.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 07/11/13 at 01:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Shsdes of Mickey Redmond. Back to back 50+ goal seasons then blammo! He allegedly fuched up his back playing tennis in the summer. That was forever ago, and, I’m inclined to think that medically, we know more about how to fix/heal these type of injuries.  I’m hoping, like everyone else, for Helmer to heal up.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 07/11/13 at 03:20 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

He’s at 70% or 80%, he claims, despite the fact that he looked like the oomph was missing from his stride and that his hands—as he admitted, his hands can be troublesome—were more of a “step or two behind” than his legs were.

That’s from George’s post yesterday about the session Helm had with the press. George said it was the most uncomfortable interview he’s ever seen.

I grow more pessimistic about Helm being able to resume his career every time his name comes up in the hockey press. This was far worse than I was expecting when I read last week Helm would be attending the prospects camp.

Life’s a bitch and a damn unfair one at that.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 07/11/13 at 04:17 PM ET

monkey's avatar

You guys still going to Sizzler later?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 07/11/13 at 06:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Western Sizzlin?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 07/11/13 at 07:00 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Sizzlin’ it up, Arizona whore style

Posted by monkey from Finland on 07/11/13 at 08:04 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

here’s to hoping Helm is A-OK for the season ... sure missed him

Red Wings site has finally added Weiss to the roster BUT it has him on IR ?

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 07/11/13 at 10:20 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Speaking of Helm yes’s…..
My little dudes team just won the Midwest 11U AA World Series in Omaha.
We flat out rocked both games today and had an epic 5 run comeback in the last 2 innings in the first game of bracket play. We played with 9 boys all year and they put it down this week/weekend. I am so damn proud of these boys!!!!! Yeah I went there with the exclamation points.
My lil dude bailed out the starting pitcher in the first game and threw and ace of a game when he started on the bump… he caught 2 games and slapped in a few FBI’s along the way.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 07/13/13 at 04:54 PM ET

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 07/13/13 at 04:54 PM ET

I raise a Guinness, MO.  On a team with just nine guys and to pull off the improbable?

Outstanding!

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/14/13 at 02:21 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 07/16/13 at 11:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

My little dudes team just won the Midwest 11U AA World Series in Omaha.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 07/13/13 at 04:54 PM ET

Great news. Good for your son MO!!!!!

Lets Go MO’s Son!!!!!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 07/17/13 at 08:59 AM ET

Disgusting video.  Just disgusting.

Click on the link.  You know you wanna watch some people get undressed silly.

[youtube vid.  it’s clean.  i promise.  sort of.]

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/18/13 at 01:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Happy Birthday Pavel Datsyuk!

Best. Player. Ever!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 07/20/13 at 09:19 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I just looked at the schedule for the first time, and saw Sabres,Hurricanes,Bruins first week. Lots of players on those teams I have never seen play before. Then it dawned on me that there were dozens of Eastern Conference players on other teams that I haven’t developed an intense dislike for, yet.

Guess I need to double down on my Haterade for the rest of the summer.

Posted by dougie on 07/23/13 at 02:14 PM ET