Abel to Yzerman

Hanging ‘em up

Hey 19, as the new season rapidly approaches, I've come to the decision (for a variety reasons) that it is time for me to retire from the GDT.

I've greatly enjoyed the ride.  Thanks to Bill and Paul for the privilege of posting them.  Mostly thanks to you for reading them over the years, and the occassional snarky comments.

I'll still be around, but as for my contribution to the GDT;

That's All Folks

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Your work was very much appreciated Jeff.

It is not easy work gathering all of the information you provided.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/30/13 at 08:59 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’m sorry to hear it Okie, but grateful for everything you’ve done for us.  Thank you. +19

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/30/13 at 09:08 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks OKie.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/30/13 at 09:20 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Sorry to hear this Okie, I looked forward to’em.
Thanks for the work putting them together over the past few years.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/30/13 at 09:23 AM ET

Thanks for your efforts. They were appreciated.

Posted by mc keeper on 09/30/13 at 09:34 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Life moves on but it won’t be the same.  Thank you for all you’ve done Okie.

Posted by calquake on 09/30/13 at 09:37 AM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Thank you, Okie, for all you’ve done.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 09/30/13 at 09:40 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Thanks, Okie.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 09/30/13 at 10:03 AM ET

joedaiceman's avatar

Kick back and enjoy - you deserve it.

Posted by joedaiceman on 09/30/13 at 10:03 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

In a community when someone steps back, others have to step up. There are lots of us who deeply appreciate the work that goes into the site. If anyone has the time/ability/patience to contribute, this would be a great time to step up.

Thanks Jeff for everything. Your GDT threads were right up there with the live blogs in the best part of the site. You’ve earned “retirement” and then some.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 09/30/13 at 10:54 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Your GDT contributions were always greatly appreciated, Jeff.

Thanks! for the memories!

And still looking forward to your comments during LBs, though.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/30/13 at 10:56 AM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

Thanks, Okie.

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 09/30/13 at 11:52 AM ET

Thanks, Jeff, I appreciate the work you put in on our behalf.

Posted by BobTheZee on 09/30/13 at 12:05 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Jeff.  I really appreciated all your GDTs!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 09/30/13 at 12:33 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Thanks!

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 09/30/13 at 12:50 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Thanks OKie for all your GDT’s and for your work in producing them. They were certainly worth the time to read. Enjoy your extra free-time.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 09/30/13 at 12:52 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Thanks for your efforts, Okie.

Posted by Primis on 09/30/13 at 01:05 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Jeff!  smile
You’re efforts & insights for GDT were much appreciated and will be missed.

Take care!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 09/30/13 at 01:37 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks for the effort over the years Okie!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 09/30/13 at 02:01 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Thank Dog.

Though I truly appreciated the effort you put into the GDTs Okie, the past few years I have been referring to them as the GDGDTs.  The Goddam Game Day Threads.  Why you ask.  Well, because of the stress that they would cause throughout the day after A2Y being the first site I open up in the morning.  Not knowing which team would be showing up that night, etc.

That said.  Thanks for your effort through the years.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 09/30/13 at 03:14 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Thanks for all your hard work through the years, Okie, enjoy your pseudo-retirement.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 09/30/13 at 03:40 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Damn, reading the subject line over on the main page nearly gave me a heart attack.
I thought the Chief was calling it a day for the best bar car on the Internet.

Jeff, thanks for all the effort. I was always amused at the hot/ not hot list. So, I will take a stab at a brief pre-season list of my own.

Hot:
Gustav Nyquist
The new girl at work who answers the phone

Not Hot:
Dan Cleary
Monkey at A2Y

Posted by dougie on 09/30/13 at 03:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Not Hot:
Dan Cleary
Monkey at A2Y

I resemble that remark.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 09/30/13 at 04:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Well it’s about God Damn Time!  Just kidding- thank you for all your hard work.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 09/30/13 at 04:20 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Thank you for all of the great work over the years!

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 09/30/13 at 05:01 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Thanks for all the time consuming work over the years. GD won’t be the same without you. I don’t know how you found the time to do it with what you do for a living.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 09/30/13 at 06:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Thanks for all the hard work.  I know it wasn’t easy.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/02/13 at 08:43 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Okie!  I really, really enjoyed reading all the stuff you put together for us.

Glad you’ll still be around.

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/02/13 at 01:29 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Always appreciated your hard work and enjoyed reading the GD info.  Thanks a ton Okie!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/02/13 at 06:39 PM ET

Truly appreciated the GDTs, Jeff.  I will really miss them.  My gratitude for having been a part of them since (wow!) ‘08.

Slainte.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 10/02/13 at 07:04 PM ET