Abel to Yzerman

Good Day, Mr I.  Now Keep It Going. We’ll Even Live Blog It For You.

Hey St. Louis, weren’t you in the running for Prince Fielder?  Gosh. Just not your best week.

It’s relevant because Mr. I’s a Wing, and he’s a Tiger.  Mike Ilitch had himself a day like he used to have back before Gary Bettman ruined the NHL with his idiocy, his Cap that doesn’t work, a lockout that accomplished nothing and the Streisand wardrobe he wears in private consultations with Brian Burke.

I can’t confirm that so, for the sake of the Empire, I take it back.  That last part.

Honestly, this day has tired me out.

It’s an Original 6 classic, one that should occur four times per year. That could have happened up until three weeks ago, when Gary killed the realignment. Oh yes he did.

Hockey’s best team, guided and molded by hockey’s greatest coach, led by the best defenseman in hockey history and backstopped by the best goalie on earth, plow into Montreal and in honor of the occasion…

...It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

RorSchach's avatar

Regarding the trade deadline…I think Tuomo Ruutu would fit in nicely here.

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 01/25/12 at 07:21 PM ET

I agree.. I think he’d fit in well too.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/25/12 at 10:25 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

have not been able to post most of the afternoon. will this one make it through? only the click will tell.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/25/12 at 07:22 PM ET

I had the same problem earlier.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/12 at 10:25 PM ET

Nate, if you have NHLN, they’ll replay it later tonight.  I do not know if they’ll replay it on NBCSN.

And maybe NHLVideo will upload it to their youtube account.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/25/12 at 10:26 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Damn, missed NHL36. Have to find a replay at some point.

Don’t forget the Jergens and Kleenex.  It was that good.

Butter and the “guest towels”

Posted by dougie on 01/25/12 at 10:27 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

maybe NHLVideo will upload it to their youtube account.

Damn, missed NHL36. Have to find a replay at some point.

Don’t forget the Jergens and Kleenex.  It was that good.

Both good to know. Thanks.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/25/12 at 10:30 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Butter and the “guest towels”

Posted by dougie on 01/25/12 at 07:27 PM ET

Unless you want to get the dog REALLY interested, make sure it’s not one of those “flavored” butters…

... what?  No, I’ve NEVER accidentally done that, why do you ask?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/25/12 at 10:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Kinda wish we were facing the Habs in the Winter Classic. Just sayin….........

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/12 at 10:31 PM ET

Love Dave Strader.  The man’s got the voice to elevate the hype of the game into an even higher level.

Let’s shoot it, boys!

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/25/12 at 10:32 PM ET

Bent's avatar

No emerick or olczyk?  Joy!

Eww, still DC though.  Can’t win them all.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/25/12 at 10:32 PM ET

Don’t forget the Jergens and Kleenex.  It was that good.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Lidstrom’s head telling him 1 more year on 01/25/12 at 07:25 PM ET

Wait…what?

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/25/12 at 10:33 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Let’s shoot it, boys!

Posted by SYF from Dr. Ima Tearadikov’s “Office” on 01/25/12 at 07:32 PM ET

For my money, he’s second to only Gary Thorne in vocal quality for play-by-play guys…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/25/12 at 10:35 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

And maybe NHLVideo will upload it to their youtube account.

Paul posted this last night with replay schedules.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 01/25/12 at 10:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I guess I can deal with Strader. I hope Douche-canoe took Uncle Mike’s message to heart the other nite.

Hey! No sidebar. Anyone else notice?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/12 at 10:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/25/12 at 07:35 PM ET

That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard cheese ... pass the butter.

Posted by calquake on 01/25/12 at 10:37 PM ET

Paul posted this last night with replay schedules.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Lidstrom’s head telling him 1 more year on 01/25/12 at 07:35 PM ET

Very cool.  Will be watching like a fiend.

With Kleenex.
And with Jergen’s.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/25/12 at 10:38 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard ... pass the butter.

Posted by calquake on 01/25/12 at 07:37 PM ET

Don’t worry, I’m full of it… plenty more where that came from.

Cinnamon or honey?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/25/12 at 10:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

pass the butter.

Posted by calquake on 01/25/12 at 07:37 PM ET

For the popcorn?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/12 at 10:39 PM ET

pass the butter.

Posted by calquake on 01/25/12 at 07:37 PM ET

I’m not dipping my corn in that butter.  I don’t want to say, “I can’t believe it’s not butter.”

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/25/12 at 10:40 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Whats up bitches?

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/25/12 at 10:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jergens makes cocoa-butter. Man-pigs.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/12 at 10:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m not dipping my corn in that butter.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Posted by calquake on 01/25/12 at 10:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

So we’re down the second page already and not even faceoff yet?  Oh, there it is.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/25/12 at 10:41 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Oh goody, Ericsson on the top pairing(!!!!!!!)

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/25/12 at 10:41 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

E52 paired with White??? Oh oh.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/25/12 at 10:41 PM ET

Whats up bitches?

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 01/25/12 at 07:40 PM ET

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/25/12 at 10:41 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whats up bitches?

Fuching loaded question there. Bitches.

Lets Go red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/12 at 10:42 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

cool i can post again.

lgrw!

game on bitches

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/25/12 at 10:42 PM ET

SoDakWIngNut's avatar

Greetings from SoDak. Here’s to having Bab’s displaying his evil grin for the entire game vice start of the 2nd period. The only thing better would be a Bertuzzii hatty and another Bab’s verbal bitchslap of the Canoe.

LGRW!!

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 01/25/12 at 10:42 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by SYF from Dr. Ima Tearadikov’s “Office” on 01/25/12 at 07:41 PM ET

Where did you find Jiri Hudler’s baby pictures?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/25/12 at 10:44 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Of course Errorson is taking the place of The Perfect Human. Back in a minute, I accidentally woke up in Bizarro world.

Next you’ll be telling me Lebda scored a…..oh.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 01/25/12 at 10:45 PM ET

SoDakWIngNut's avatar

Wassup with the dimly lit Canadian rinks? Or am I going blind?

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 01/25/12 at 10:46 PM ET

I would’ve put Kronner up there with White and Ericsson with Stu.

But Uncle Mike is smarter than me…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/25/12 at 10:46 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

LIVE BOARDS! DRINK.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 01/25/12 at 10:46 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Man.  Some JLA boards talk away from JLA.  Barf.  I hope Conklin gets Pierre with a prison shank.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/25/12 at 10:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Wassup with the dimly lit Canadian rinks? Or am I going blind?

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 01/25/12 at 07:46 PM ET

My guess would be it’s the butter.

Posted by calquake on 01/25/12 at 10:46 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Turn and shoot, Jiri, for the love of Howe…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/25/12 at 10:47 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hudler Turn and shoot that!!!  Geezo.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/25/12 at 10:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Wassup with the dimly lit Canadian rinks? Or am I going blind?

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 01/25/12 at 07:46 PM ET

That depends on how much Butter, Jergens, and Kleenex you have.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/25/12 at 10:48 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Bog Damnit.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/25/12 at 10:48 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Well that’s crap.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 01/25/12 at 10:48 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »