Abel to Yzerman

Going For Thirteen

It looks like the Wings are going for their thirteenth loss in a row tonight. That's the way I approach most games nowadays. Given the way things are going the Wings could be tying some old records very soon. Record number of losses in a row, which is a bad thing for the fans. We'll find out soon enough....

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Thanks Katie. It’s a great night for a… Aw sh*t, even I’m getting tired of trying to root for such a crappy hockey team. L.G.R.W.?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 08:34 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m completely ambivalent at this point…...

Lets Go Red Wings?????

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:35 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 07:34 PM ET

Sh!t sandwich…  smile

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:37 PM ET

Spinal Tap reference…. wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’d really wish Yzerman would just come out and say: EVERYONE starting with the coach will be evaluated after the season. At least that would be something.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 08:42 PM ET

Spinal Tap reference….

One of my fav movies.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 08:44 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I really wish Yzerman would just come out and say anything at all.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:44 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Here on time for once. LGRW please. No 13th tonite.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 08:44 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hell Kate. I’d just like to see Stevie in the press box during a game.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 08:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

LGRW please. No 13th tonite.

We shouldn’t have to beg.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 08:47 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Wasn’t that a Zeppelin song ain’t to proud to beg? wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 08:49 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

14 in a row in’82…. I don’t want to see that either….

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:50 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

First responders night, eh?  Somebody need to respond to this dumpster fire…... wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:51 PM ET

HELM!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 08:54 PM ET

Helmer! Beautiful hands!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:54 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Helm the blind squirrel finds the nut.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 08:55 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Assist from the linesman.

Alan's avatar

We scored first? Good for Helm!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 12/12/19 at 08:56 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

The linesman did us a huge favor there…..

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hello reprobates.

Hands of Elm seemed to put that past Hellagoalie before he saw it.  The way this team locks down in the second and third periods signals a good chance at a win tonight !

Posted by RWBill on 12/12/19 at 09:00 PM ET

calquake's avatar

We need to keep “The Streak” alive.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:04 PM ET

Fabulous Fabbri!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:06 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Fabbri making it 2-0!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 12/12/19 at 09:06 PM ET

Fabbri!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 09:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Some night everything is going to go right for this team, maybe tonight is that night.

Posted by RWBill on 12/12/19 at 09:07 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Fabbri with a early Christmas present. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 09:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

And tonight is the anniversary of the bombing of the US Embassy Kuwait to which I was posted at the time as an advisor to the Ministry of Defence.  It was in the era of the bombing of the USMC barracks in Lebanon and the weeks long shelling of Beirut by the USS New Jersey, and the rise of the Commodore 64 lol.

Posted by RWBill on 12/12/19 at 09:10 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What do y’all think aboot Pete DeBoer taking over the coaching duties?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:10 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I was off the coast of Lebanon evacuating Americans to the USS John F Kennedy during that time. RW. Hairy times

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 09:17 PM ET

Intermission joke:
Q: How do you make a handkerchief dance?

A: Put a little ‘boogie’ in it.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

What do y’all think aboot Pete DeBoer taking over the coaching duties?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 08:10 PM ET

Not real sure, but, how could he do any worse?  I did read that he was a great coach in the minor leagues with developing younger players.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 09:19 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 08:17 PM ET

Holy crap. Crazy times.  That was wild.

Posted by RWBill on 12/12/19 at 09:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 08:19 PM ET

Just add “serial winner” and you’ve got Jeff Blashill !

Posted by RWBill on 12/12/19 at 09:22 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I read the same thing. Yzerman should come out and say my earlier suggestion or make the move.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:24 PM ET

calquake's avatar

DeBoer got fired for a 5 game losing streak. Go figure.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:26 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Read good things aboot DeBoer with young players.
Wish we could have got Trotz when we had the chance. He seems to be the master of getting the most out oot of the players he has had at his disposal.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/12/19 at 09:26 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Read good things aboot DeBoer with young players.

As the saying goes… I concur.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:33 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

DeBoer got fired for a 5 game losing streak. Go figure.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 08:26 PM ET

Blash is on a 4 year losing streak. Just sayin…. shock

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 09:36 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Manage your bench, Blash!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/12/19 at 09:41 PM ET

Fabbri!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/12/19 at 09:42 PM ET

1 2 3 >       Next »