Abel to Yzerman

Go West…

... young (old) man (men), a large portion of whom will likely not be awake for this one.

So Khan(!) states, unequivocally, that Western Canuckistan has been kind to the Wings. In fact, he's so comfortable with the statement that you don't have to read any further on the page to find it - it's right there, in the opening sentence. Go ahead, look.

No, it's cool, I'll wait. See?

Well I'm glad he's confident, because I sure as Detroit am not; Vancouver's riding a 4-game winning streak, and the Wings... well, the Wings are doing almost the exact opposite of that going winless in their last 4. I mean, yeah, they've gotten points in 2 of those, but who's counting? Calgary (5-4-1) and WInnipeg (5-7-2) are only 2 points back of Detroit (albeit in the wrong Conference), and Edmonton - oh, Edmonton - is one of those teams that'll lull you into a false sense of security, and when you're least expec -- BAM!! Surprise buttsecks. No lube. No happy ending. Just shame.

But first thing's first: Time to take care of some Swedish twins. Why? Because Cousin Red is here, lingering head cold and all, filling in for The Master Chief... and it sure as shit looks like a Live Blog to me, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 >       Next »

Trish's avatar

Woooooohooooo Tatar   Yessssssssssssssss

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/31/13 at 12:11 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I don’t know how you LB’ers do it. I’m streaming the game on my machine, so there’s just no real estate to chat. I love reading the LBs during the intermissions.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/31/13 at 12:16 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Can’t….stay…..awake…. west coast games are bullshit.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/31/13 at 12:17 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

And so since I’ve spent WAY too much time working on it, and Tats put our boys ahead, here’s the improved, more redder, Red Wings Foal:

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/31/13 at 12:18 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Meth is a hellava drug.

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:20 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/31/13 at 12:16 AM ET

GameCenter Live + Xbox360/PS3/PC + 42” LCD + Laptop = win.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/31/13 at 12:22 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Uh.  I gave it my best try.  Catch you next time 19.  LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/31/13 at 12:24 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Stream on the 24” monitor, LB on laptop works for me.

LGRW

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/31/13 at 12:25 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Uh.  I gave it my best try.  Catch you next time 19.  LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/31/13 at 12:24 AM ET

Night bez. We’ll keep your seat warm.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/31/13 at 12:27 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Meth is a hellava drug.

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:20 AM ET

And meth.

Meth is good.

*twitch*

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/31/13 at 12:28 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

I go split screen on the laptop. Its harder on the eyes shifting focus from the TV several ft away, then to the laptop and back constantly.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/31/13 at 12:28 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Just read page 1.  Happy Bday Kate.  Many more.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/31/13 at 12:29 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

DK moving like Kronner out there. That’s a good thing

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/31/13 at 12:31 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Just read page 1.  Happy Bday Kate.  Many more.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 10/31/13 at 12:29 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/31/13 at 12:35 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*#$%@& Smith.

I’ve gotta say, I’m very pleased and impressed with Kong over the last couple dozen games; for a guy coming straight outta college, he’s incredibly poised and skilled.

Better than some people whose names begin with “Brendan” or “Kyle,” and end with “Smith” or “Quincey.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/31/13 at 12:35 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Kong = Danny DeK ?  I’m ok with that.  Who is bigger Kong or Big Rig ?

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/31/13 at 12:38 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Kong = Danny DeK ?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/31/13 at 12:40 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Who is bigger Kong or Big Rig ?

Real men don’t talk aboot other men Trish. cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:40 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Kong = Danny DeK ?  I’m ok with that.  Who is bigger Kong or Big Rig ?

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 10/31/13 at 12:38 AM ET

Yeah, it was a stretch I made a few games ago: Danny DeKeyser = DK = Donkey Kong = Kong.

I think they’re both 6’4, so going with either one is a good bet.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/31/13 at 12:40 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

There was that offensive zone possession again finally first time this period.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/31/13 at 12:45 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Real men don’t talk aboot other men Trish

Glad you’re still here Cal.  Where are all your smart alec buddies?

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/31/13 at 12:45 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Real men don’t talk aboot other men Trish.

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:40 AM ET

No Cal, real men CAN talk about other men, then go immediately home to their wives. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/31/13 at 12:45 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

try this again….and hope it doesnt get eaten…

Danny DeKeyser = DK = Donkey Kong = Kong.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/31/13 at 12:47 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Glad you’re still here Cal.  Where are all your smart alec buddies?

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 10/31/13 at 12:45 AM ET

Moi?  Shirley you jest… and don’t call me Shirley. smile

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:48 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Shut whore mouth. The next three goals are huge.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/31/13 at 12:49 AM ET

calquake's avatar

I don’t care what anybody says… this has been an excellent road game against a good team.  Consistency is the key… and the problem.  Well that and a few goals now and then.

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:51 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Shut whore mouth. The next three goals are huge.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/31/13 at 12:49 AM ET

Foals. The next three foals. S.W.M.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/31/13 at 12:52 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Can’t argue with that….tho i’m sure someone will. Not the usual wings formula with a lot more banging and board work, but it’s been effective.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/31/13 at 12:53 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Wow, thought Tots should’ve fired it, but he got that puck through for a hell of a chance.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/31/13 at 12:55 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Crap not a good shift to end with an icing

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/31/13 at 12:55 AM ET

calquake's avatar

God bless Abby… he has the hands of Paul Woods.

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:56 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:51 AM ET

I have not been on the LB until recently but I doubt anyone would disagree with that

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/31/13 at 12:56 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/31/13 at 12:56 AM ET

Most of them wait until the post mortem.

Posted by calquake on 10/31/13 at 12:58 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

So close to getting a two-goal lead several times. Hope that does not come back to bite them. Less than three to go.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/31/13 at 12:59 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Can’t believe Tuzzi didn’t have that

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/31/13 at 12:59 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

That sedin’s beard looks like that serial rapist that’s being released in Southern California.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/31/13 at 01:00 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Bud Lynch 100 seconds.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/31/13 at 01:01 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 >       Next »