Abel to Yzerman

Go West…

... young (old) man (men), a large portion of whom will likely not be awake for this one.

So Khan(!) states, unequivocally, that Western Canuckistan has been kind to the Wings. In fact, he's so comfortable with the statement that you don't have to read any further on the page to find it - it's right there, in the opening sentence. Go ahead, look.

No, it's cool, I'll wait. See?

Well I'm glad he's confident, because I sure as Detroit am not; Vancouver's riding a 4-game winning streak, and the Wings... well, the Wings are doing almost the exact opposite of that going winless in their last 4. I mean, yeah, they've gotten points in 2 of those, but who's counting? Calgary (5-4-1) and WInnipeg (5-7-2) are only 2 points back of Detroit (albeit in the wrong Conference), and Edmonton - oh, Edmonton - is one of those teams that'll lull you into a false sense of security, and when you're least expec -- BAM!! Surprise buttsecks. No lube. No happy ending. Just shame.

But first thing's first: Time to take care of some Swedish twins. Why? Because Cousin Red is here, lingering head cold and all, filling in for The Master Chief... and it sure as shit looks like a Live Blog to me, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Red! Hope you feel better real soon!

Lets play good and smart and WIN, I don’t think that’s too much to ask!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/30/13 at 10:18 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Evening bitches

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:18 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I am sick of losing.  So lets stop tonight.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 10:19 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

But first thing’s first: Time to take care of some Swedish twins. Why? Because Cousin Red is here, lingering head cold and all, filling in for The Master Chief… and it sure as shit looks like a Live Blog to me, bitches.

I hope I’m the first to say thanks Red. I’m all in. And, I am 60 fuching years old today. These fuchers better win cause time is at a premium for Cosmic Dusters like me. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:19 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

oh oh, putting the reputation on the line again LOL

Jimmy got another shutout up his…blocker?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 10:20 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

The hell?  My feed is showing something about a team named the “Pistons”?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:21 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:19 PM ET

Happy 25th Anniversary of your 35th Birthday, Kate! My daughter turned 9 three days ago… time sure does fly.

I know I can’t hold a candle to the Master Chief, so please just humor me during these “fill-ins.”

Hey, where’s Voox when you need him?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 10:21 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

My youngest son just turned 18.  My baby turns 14 in January….

ugh

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:22 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Also…my wife finally let me do something awesome in bed.

Live blogging!  WOO!  First time for everything right?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:24 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Happy birthday Kate. Many more years of watching Red Wing victories to you.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 10:24 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

My youngest son just turned 18.  My baby turns 14 in January….

ugh

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/30/13 at 10:22 PM ET

January 14th here… good month. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 10:25 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Oh and

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:25 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

January 14th here… good month.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 10:25 PM ET

Jan 13th for my daughter A good month indeed

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:26 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Awesome-Happy Birthday Kate!  Hope Wings deliver a special Birthday surprise for you too!

GO Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/30/13 at 10:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks Red. Three of my five sons just turned 35, 36, and 39 in the past two weeks. Time has flown the coop.

And 60 is not the new 40. Whoever thought that one up has NEVER been 60. Or even 40.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:27 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

That Pistons post game had music that sounded like it came from the old Front page Sports football game for PC

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thank you one and all for the good wishes. Best imaginary friends on the planet!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:29 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:27 PM ET

Psssh, you’re a spring chicken! I’m 35, and my mom is 65.

Whoever said “30 is the new 20” was never me. Ugh.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 10:30 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Happy birthday Kate!  Hope I hasn’t been too stressful today.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 10:31 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Well congratulations to everyone for reaching their milestones, be it another completed trip around the sun, years of parenthood, or depraved sex moves.  +19 to all of you.

And specifically, Happy Birthday Kate!

So the ‘nucks are on a winning streak and the Wings are on the schnied?  You can tell me to shut my whore mouth, but since the game hasn’t started yet… I think both sides are due for a reversal in fortune.

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 10:33 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I think its worth pointing out that the Red Sox are up 6-1 in the top of the seventh.  It’s good to know that Blues fans are suffering through the failure of their baseball team.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 10:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Happy birthday Kate!  Hope I hasn’t been too stressful today.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 10:31 PM ET

Thanks Bent. And, there’s no place like A2Y. Home, for the real Homers.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:36 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Just to give everyone a good snicker, here’s my first ever attempt at carving a design into a pumpkin:

Serrated kitchen knife, flat-head screwdriver, and a box cutter; it ALMOST worked. Better luck next year, right?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 10:36 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

In celebration of Eaves back in the lineup, I hope he gets awarded a penalty shot.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 10:37 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 10:36 PM ET

I just shot mine with my bow the other day and left it on the porch. smile

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:37 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I just shot mine with my bow the other day and left it on the porch.

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/30/13 at 10:37 PM ET

That would have taken SOOOOO much less time… I think the girlfriend’s son’s paintball gun is in that pumpkin’s near future.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 10:39 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I think its pretty sweet brother.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 10:39 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 10:39 PM ET

Yours looks MUCh better than mine though

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:39 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I think its pretty sweet brother.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 10:39 PM ET

Dawww, thanks… you’re too kind.

Yours looks MUCh better than mine though

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/30/13 at 10:39 PM ET

Thanks to you too, but beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, after all. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 10:41 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

And specifically, Happy Birthday Kate!

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 10:33 PM ET

Thanks bezukov. I agree. Reversing the trend. Whore-Style.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Also…my wife finally let me do something awesome in bed.

I love it when she let’s me handle the remote. cheese  And Happy 60th Kate, we can still give the young’uns a run for their money.

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 10:43 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Jesus christ… I thought this game was starting at ten o’clock.  It’s almost *#$%@& 11.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 10:43 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

You’re a Fuching artist. Me likey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:44 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I love it when she let’s me handle the remote.   And Happy 60th Kate, we can still give the young’uns a run for their money.

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 10:43 PM ET

Actually we don’t have TV here.  My crappy internet sure gets a workout every day though.

Between DrudgeReport, Netflix, Hulu and The Blaze we’re good.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:45 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Sweet, thanks for sharing!  I Like it!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/30/13 at 10:45 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan Svejsan !!!  Let’s Go Red Wings !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 10:45 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Maybe Babs should be listening instead of talkin.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:46 PM ET

Right off the bat, Kronwall shows us a perfect example of this team’s struggles in the offensive zone.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 10/30/13 at 10:46 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So admittedly I have been absent alot this season so far.  The Tigers are to blame for most of that..

SO how have the fellas looked?  Is Kronner doing ok after his thing?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 10:47 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

You’re a Fuching artist. Me likey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 10:44 PM ET

I’m more “autistic” than “artistic,” but thank you.

GAME ON, BITCHES