Abel to Yzerman

GDT - Game #82:  Red Wings host ‘Hawks (1:00)

Here are the Red Wings’ playoff scenarios:

—If the Red Wings win in any fashion (regulation, overtime or shootout) and Nashville loses in regulation at Colorado: Detroit finishes fourth and Nashville fifth.

—If the Red Wings win in any fashion (regulation, overtime or shootout) and Nashville gains at least one point against Colorado: Nashville finishes fourth and Detroit fifth.

—If the Red Wings lose in overtime or a shootout (result of Nashville-Colorado game becomes irrelevant): Nashville finishes fourth and Detroit fifth.

—If the Red Wings lose in regulation (result of Nashville-Colorado game becomes irrelevant): Nashville finishes fourth, Chicago is fifth; Detroit is sixth and plays winner of the Pacific Division.

Last Game of the Year.  LGRW

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Last Game of the Year.  LGRW

Thank gawd. Now, into the next phase of firetrucks, puppies, and bare-chested picts of TPH, With a dash of fully clothed picts of Bill Murray.

Thanks OAkie, for a job well done all season long. Looking forward to Playoff GDTs now.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/07/12 at 10:14 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Okie.  It’s been great reading your posts and I appreciate all you do.

As I refuse to listen to Icky Oilslick cheering for his team on NBC, I’ll be listening to Ken and Paul on radio.

If anyone is interested, all the Red Wings’ playoff games will be broadcast on either 97.1 FM. 1270 AM, or 950 AM, according to the Program Director at 97.1.

Not even going to make a prediction about this game - or what playoff position would be better.  Nashville would be tough, but less travel.  Maybe the Pacific Division winner would be an easier opponent, but then there’s that flying to the west coast thing and having to win on the road.  But anything - ANYTHING - can happen, so I’ll just say for now…

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/07/12 at 10:40 AM ET

Unfortunately.
I think the only way the Wings win a playoff series is by losing this game and getting the kings or the coyotes. I don’t see them beating anyone in the central in a 7 game series this year. I don’t know what’s happened even with everyone back, but it looks like nobody knows eachother on the team. Players running into eachother and coughing up the puck because they are afraid to pass it or when they do pass it, it’s a cannon of a slapshot (usually because they’ve waited until there are two opponents closing in on them)
This could have been their highest first round draft pick in years, but they traded it for quincey, who I don’t think has been very impressive. He’s definitely not going to replace Stuart. He’s been more of a 5-6 than a 3-4 from what I’ve seen of him. Not taking into account he’s moved to a new team.

Posted by teldar on 04/07/12 at 10:50 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

End of Regular Season Game Day Thread!  Thanks for all, Jeff.

None of those teams are 10 feet tall, but as teldar said, the Wings are bumping into each other, i.e. giving StL 2 goals off turnovers, and tentative.  Pavel Datsyuk cannot takeover entire games as he did the last 6 minutes in StL Wednesday night.  Franzen, Cleary, Holmstrom must play better.  Zetterberg has been a colossal stud especially the last two months, needs 10 other forwards to play like that.  We miss Helm on the ice.  Fil’s best year must carry over into the real season now and not disappear.

Would prefer to start at home with the main reason to have a potential Game 7 at home, but because they wasted 6/6 points against the East’s worst 3 teams we have to rely on a non playoff team to beat Nashville.

Take what comes.  Not sure they don’t have a better chance vs Nashville than as well as PHX is playing now, and much less travel.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/07/12 at 11:14 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

Thanks OKie!

Go for the Win every game you play. I aint worried aboot Bubba.

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 04/07/12 at 11:20 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by SnLO

That is a fascinating avatar, and something that is likely to resurface during my REM sleep.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/07/12 at 11:22 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Thanks for a great season Okie. It’s all up to the hockey gods now, and they will be busy today, as long as Butthead keeps his dirty paws off the suspicciating.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/07/12 at 11:25 AM ET

RDWINGS28:

I don’t think the hockey gods are cheering for us…. :(

Posted by Nat from MTL on 04/07/12 at 11:36 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Thanks for the kind words, bitches.

Had the start time wrong, puck drops at 1:00 - eastern

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/07/12 at 11:43 AM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

All in Wings! Show me that you can get the job done when it counts. LGRW

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 04/07/12 at 11:44 AM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

If I had my druthers I’d prefer the win today and home ice. But I really don’t fear one team more than the others. My concern is that the Wings seem rather fragile and not prepared for the physical rigors any team is going to present in the playoffs. It would be nice not to have the extended travel on top of it.

Posted by SandysWingingit on 04/07/12 at 11:44 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I can’t believe that we are to the last game of the regular season..  I’d have trouble believing we were halfway through the season.  Kind of a dissapointing season in many regards.  No movement at the trade deadline.  A wad of cash left on the table.  And Quincey’s back.  I have to admit I liked the Quincey trade at first, but that was probably half nostalgia, because I liked him before.  And it is looking like no home ice for the playoffs, tagging along with the worst away record in like 20 years.

But come wednesday… none of that means shit.  LGRW.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/07/12 at 11:45 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

The only playoff scenario I like is…

Parade down Woodward.

Posted by pgoody on 04/07/12 at 12:15 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Thanks, Okie.
but ...

Last Game of the Year. ... ?

nope.
last of the “regular” season (or ‘irregular’, take your choice).

now ...

...  LGRW ?

YEEEESSSSHHHHHHHHHH

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/07/12 at 02:15 PM ET