Abel to Yzerman

GDT - WCQF Game 6: Red Wings (2-3) host Ducks (3-2) 8:00

The teams have alternated wins throughout the series, and DET are hoping that trend continues tonight.

Sparty will be back in the lineup tonight, no word yet on who gets the short-stick - - though I'm sure opinions will vary on just who that should be.

The "D" pairs, not named Kronwall and E-52, have got to be better.  Said Uncle Mike:  “Our best (defense) pair, (Jonathan) Ericsson and (Niklas) Kronwall, have done a great job for us. I think they’re the best pair by far in the series."

This could be the last time, bitches.

LGRW

FINAL REGULAR SEASON RECORD:

DET:  48 GP,  24-16-8,  56 pts, (7 in Conf, 3 in Central), 124 GF, 115 GA, Last 10 5-2-3,  WON 4

ANA:  48 GP,  30-12-6,  66 pts, (2 in Conf, 1 in Pacific), 140 GF, 118 GA,  Last 10 5-4-1, LOST 1

DET Road:  11-9-4 (10)

ANA Home:  16-7-1 (7)

REGULAR SEASON TEAM STATISTICS:

DET:  0.583 point% (14), 2.54 G/G (20), 2.29 GA/G (5), 1.10 5-5 F/A (7), 18.4 PP% (15), 81.7 PK% (12), 30.1 S/G (10), 27.5 SA/G (7), 50.8 FO% (10)

ANA:  0.688 point% (3), 2.79 G/G (8), 2.40 GA/G (11), 1.28 5-5 F/A (5), 21.5 PP% (4), 81.5 PK% (13) 28.1 S/G (21), 27.9 SA/G (9), 47.5 FO% (26)

Goal Differential/Game:

DET = +0.25

ANA =  +0.39

PLAYOFF TEAM STATISTICS:

DET:  0.400 point% (11), 2.20 G/G (11), 3.20 GA/G (11), 0.75 5-5 F/A (12), 25.0 PP% (4), 71.4 PK% (14), 31.4 S/G (9), 31.0 SA/G (5), 51.9 FO% (5)

ANA:  0.600 point% (7), 3.20 G/G (6), 2.20 GA/G (6), 1.33 5-5 F/A (5), 28.6 PP% (3), 75.0 PK% (13) 31.0 S/G (11), 31.4 SA/G (8), 48.1 FO% (12)

PLAYOFF PLAYER STATS:

Helm, Darren  Back injury  injured reserve
Miller, Drew  Broken right hand  remainder of the regular season

ANA:

Lydman, Toni  Head injury  day-to-day

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Okie.

home ice, home crowd, at the Joe ...
a “W” gets us even and the opportunity to keep the golf bags in the closet.

just win, boys.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 07:34 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

This could be the last time, bitches.

NO ONE is ready for Red Wing hockey to end.

Win.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/10/13 at 08:12 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Okie!

I agree.  No way are we prepared for this to end.

I don’t think the Wings are either.

I’ll let the coaches worry about who plays and who sits.  Just win.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 08:17 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

You have to think, according to this statement by Babcock, that Sparty will be back on the #1 line:

“He’s a big, physical presence,’’ Babcock said. “I think he makes Z and Pav real better, so that’ll help them.’‘

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/10/13 at 08:57 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Get started on time and don’t take a shift off boys.
LGRW.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 08:59 AM ET

VooX's avatar

This could be the last time, bitches.

Thanks for all of your GDTs, Okie, they are much appreciated.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/10/13 at 09:57 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I guess others were thinking the same as I, I’m not ready for this to be over in 12 hours.  I like this team too, probably not for the same reasons as Kenny.

Interesting aspect to the D line ups.  Continue to go with jittery youth or insert more experienced players who are both rusty and already proven not to be able to hold down the job?  After all, a guy 4 weeks out of college shouldn’t be able to so quickly and resoundingly beat out veterans for their job, but that happened.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 10:19 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

And I don’t say it enough although I don’t take it for granted either, but thanks to Jeff for the GDTs.  They seem to us to magically appear like seed in a bird feeder to a bird, they’re just there when we need them.

I know you enjoy it but it’s a bit of a nag sometimes, a never ending obligation that sucks up your time.  Thanks for the effort.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 10:25 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Unfortunately, or fortunately, home ice hasn’t been any apparent factor in the outcome of the games this series but I’m sure they’re glad to be playing at home.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 10:30 AM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

F THIS GUY

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/10/13 at 10:32 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 10:19 AM ET

And his absence has shown through just how badly the Wings need his skill set, and how little of it they have.

Regardless, the Wings playoff future comes down to simply deciding they want to win, and playing like it.

Posted by Hootinani on 05/10/13 at 10:33 AM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Also, f this guy too

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/10/13 at 10:38 AM ET

klank's avatar

In an early-season game in L.A., Datsyuks giveaway had led to a Kings overtime goal. The next day the team was on a bus to the rink when teammate Igor Larionov, a 40-year-old fellow Russian, consoled him. “He expected the coaches to yell at him or something bad,” Larionov recalls. “It was my job to tell him it was O.K. ‘Learn from it. You’ll be better,’ I told him

betcha Dats passed the same info to our boys who were on ice at end of game 5.

<———wearing #13 Red today

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/10/13 at 10:46 AM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Eaves scratched? the hell?

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/10/13 at 11:08 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks Okie!

I just don’t see it ending tonight. Besides, Game #7 @ the Honda Ponda, tickets are on sale now… get some!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/10/13 at 11:12 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Jimmy?

added 10:48am, Numerous reports say Howard left practice early but Holland says he will play tonight.

gulp

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 11:17 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/10/13 at 10:32 AM ET

One plus there, E-52 is (and has been) using his size and is shining this year.

Out of all the D-men…he’s probably the best at outlet passes, too.

Then he goes and does something incredibly stupid but for the most part…he’s been our best defensemen this year.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/10/13 at 11:24 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

<———wearing #13 Red today

Me too!!!

I’m not ready for it to end tonight.  I’ve pulled out all the stops, I’m rocking the red today (no, nothing to do with the Capitals).  Red Wings earrings, car flag.  I’m all about it.

Just why do I have to work??

I don’t understand Eaves being scratched but in Babcock we trust!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/10/13 at 11:24 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Babcock confirms Eaves is sitting for Abdelkader. He said Howard didn’t stay on ice for long because of humidity, but he’s fine. . .

Colaiacovo confirms he is in tonight. Lashoff is out.

Howard didn’t practice with team, was on ice earlier. Holland said he is playing tonight.

Here are lines they’re skating with: 40-13-8, 93-51-11, 14-63-24, 44-25-37; and on D; 55-52, 27-2, 28-4

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/10/13 at 11:27 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 10:25 AM ET

What he said.  Thank you Okie.

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:30 AM ET

klank's avatar

Fugh… Eaves has been winning battles and close to burying a few.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/10/13 at 11:36 AM ET

calquake's avatar

FranzensMouthguard and klank, thanks for the reading material.  It goes great with a morning cup o’ joe.  Remember boys, one shift, one period, one game at a time.

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:44 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Abdelkader in, obviously yes.  Eaves out?  That means both Bert and Sammy stay in?

I guess Abby can pick up Eaves PK time, but I thought he’d been doing okay.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 12:14 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

A donkey kick to Howard’s jewels ?  Ouch.

Coliaicovo in for Lashoff -  well that answers my question above.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 12:16 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Remember boys, one shift, one period, one game at a time.

Just like I tell my little dude about his pitching and hitting… the most important pitch is the next one. Flush the last one and win the next battle, if you are thinking about the last pitch you are not focused on the next one.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 12:17 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I will reiterate the sentiment and give a big thanks to OkieJeff for the GDTs.

We are winning this bitch.  That is all.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 05/10/13 at 12:21 PM ET

klank's avatar

Flush the last one and win the next battle, if you are thinking about the last <insert action>  you are not focused on the next one.

Excellent advice!  Ima gunna slip this in during my next staff meeting.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/10/13 at 12:23 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m not expecting to see the handshake line until after game 7 . Then, the Wings prepare for round 2.

Cuz I gotta have faith uh, faith uh, faith ah!

Thanks OKie.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 12:32 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Are you kidding me Babcock? You sound idiotic.

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/10/13 at 12:45 PM ET

Mahalo, Amigo.  Tipping a big mug of Java’s finest to the best damn GDT on the Gore.

The “D” pairs, not named Kronwall and E-52, have got to be better.

Aye.  It goes back to the comment Uncle Mike made late in the season:  “I want someone to grab that spot.”  Jesus Lashoff is a great guy, but I think he needs snarl in his game.  Can’t believe the shit the DuhUcks got away with in Dong’s crease.  Fuchers…

Referees:
Brad Watson-23
Marc Joannette-25

Linesmen:
Scott Driscoll-68
Jean Morin-97

No comment.  Just look at that.

LGRW.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 01:06 PM ET

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 12:17 PM ET

Sage.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 01:09 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Brad Watson-23
Marc Joannette-25

#$%^ me.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 01:10 PM ET

cementslinger's avatar

How ironic is it that we were all bitching about the deal KH singed with E52? Just sayin

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 05/10/13 at 01:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 05/10/13 at 01:39 PM ET

That’s a really good perspective.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 02:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 05/10/13 at 01:39 PM ET

Not me, or, Gramps. I lauded the signing. Just sayin’..........(no jink)

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 02:25 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Isn’t it 8 o’clock yet?  Geebuz, what an excruciatingly long day…

In that Detroit News article, Uncle Mike says something about “having a little more inside information” that he’s not sharing…  so my assumption is that when he said sitting Eaves “makes no sense,” he was being sarcastic?...

Anyway, like I said before, I’ll let the coaches worry about who plays and who sits.

Just fuching win.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 02:34 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 05/10/13 at 01:39 PM ET

Cementslinger!  You olde reprobate…how ya been?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/10/13 at 02:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Just a sidenote, unrelated, but of local interest today.

It was announced that the Boston Marathon Murderer suspect #1, older brother Tamarand “Speedbump” Tzarnaev, was buried this week about 20 minutes north of where I work.  I wonder if it would be frowned upon to go urinate on his grave?

It is probably illegal, and being a Moslem grave I would probably be charged with a hate crime, which might be an accurate description.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 03:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 03:08 PM ET

I mean accurate to describe feelings for Speedbump, not for Moslem graves.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 03:11 PM ET

monkey's avatar

He’s dead, Bill. Beyond our judgment.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 03:39 PM ET